Sid | The Boneyard

Sid

Reaction Score
I realize this video was shot during the season but is it a sign Sid is staying?

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
I want Sid to stay so bad, we all talk about it all the time the kid just has such raw athletic skills, Sid is one of my favorite players purely just because of how excited I get when he gets on the court, there is always big play potential with him. Hurley obviously inst going to kick the kid off the team, but I hope when they have their chat something clicks and we get to see more impact sid wilson.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I want Sid to stay so bad, we all talk about it all the time the kid just has such raw athletic skills, Sid is one of my favorite players purely just because of how excited I get when he gets on the court, there is always big play potential with him. Hurley obviously inst going to kick the kid off the team, but I hope when they have their chat something clicks and we get to see more impact sid wilson.

A few weeks ago there was a 2019-2020 UConn top 10 highlight reel and thread. There's a reason why Did was in 3 of them.
Against the highest levels of competition, at some point, all the coaching, all the strategies are nullified and you need Jimmy's and Joe's not X's and O's

Did can just jump over the top of players for blocks, rebounds and dunks. And, if given time to square up, can hit a pressure 3.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
A few weeks ago there was a 2019-2020 UConn top 10 highlight reel and thread. There's a reason why Did was in 3 of them.
Against the highest levels of competition, at some point, all the coaching, all the strategies are nullified and you need Jimmy's and Joe's not X's and O's

Did can just jump over the top of players for blocks, rebounds and dunks. And, if given time to square up, can hit a pressure 3.
For someone who played so sparingly he was in a lot of our season highlight clips. He is not the most fundamentally sound or skilled player but he rocks those “splash plays” that sway momentum and win games.
Jinx

Reaction Score
No idea on Sid specifically but I read somewhere today that many players are waiting for confirmation on the rule change to make them eligible immediately. I wouldn't doubt that that is a big reason for holding out on the portal for certain players, especially ones that have already sat out a year...

Reaction Score
People kinda forget about this but Sid was actually pretty hot in the middle of the season from the Wichita St game through to the Tulsa game. Played 20mpg, averaged 7.3pts 3.5rbs and 0.8blks per game over that stretch and obviously had some huge plays such as the game tying 3 vs Wichita. Tulsa was his best game of the year where he had 12pts and 7rbs, but also got hurt during that game and that was the lingering injury that Hurley kept mentioning throughout the year. It's a "what if" scenario but have to wonder how the remainder of the season would have gone for him if he didn't have that lingering injury/if he could've continued his mini hot streak.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
For Sid's sake I really hope he returns and does so with a renewed energy and he provides the team with some huge moments -

Reaction Score
I'd watch Sid warmup with IW and JC prior to games and, every time, I came away impressed. Most of that period is just spent on fundamental moves and he was always precise and fluid. I also think his shot is fundamentally sound. Does he need to improve his handle... definitely... but the obstacle I've seen is his lack of strength and how poorly he finishes around the rim. Some of the "weakest" shots by any player this year were put backs or drives by Sid with bigger bodies at the rim. It feels like over half the time he was denied as he faded away from contact instead of finishing, getting the ball back on the rim or drawing a foul.

Reaction Score
I always saw potential in him as an elite defender. There is similarity in skills to Whaley who was also banished as a sophomore. So he has a role model. Hopefully he has the mental toughness toughness to do it.

Whaley was always smart on the defensive end (minus stupid fouls) as far as hedging helping etc.. Sid is not very good at that in fact it's his biggest weakness. He likes to cheat to make a play/block but he needs to know when to pick his times. Would love to see I'm stay if he's all in as an 8-15 minute guy.

Reaction Score
many players are waiting for confirmation on the rule change to make them eligible immediately.
prudent. whoever Hurley lands with rique's scholly will also inform Sid's ultimate decision. a versatile forward like nolley would surely have more of an impact on Sid's PT than a backup guard, for instance.

Reaction Score
I always saw potential in him as an elite defender. There is similarity in skills to Whaley who was also banished as a sophomore. So he has a role model. Hopefully he has the mental toughness toughness to do it.
Maybe IW can teach him how to properly defend the PnR then, dude is lawst in those cases. Can’t fight through, can’t hedge and can’t scramble back to get to his man. A couple times where he got glaringly beat he’s managed to recover for a block but he could really use some tutelage from Whaley on what to do. Maybe it’s just instinct IDK

Reaction Score

Any chance you got a link? I'm bored and this sounds not boring

Reaction Score
Love to see him improve his mid-range jumper or add a floater. I know that area of the court isn't great for scoring from the analytics view, but Sid has the ability to blow by the first defender. He did it many times. But he got so many offensive fouls called on him as he went straight at the next guy. If he could pull up, or even just slow down to fake the pull up so the "set" defender steps out to him, he could then take the shot, dump it off, or step around the moving defender (after the fake). He'd be so much more effective. On D, he's all arms and legs, so he needs to learn to defend the dribble more using his feet and keeping his arms away from the dribbler so he doesn't get so many touch/reach fouls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom