Sid | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sid

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Players get five years to play four. There are extenuating circumstances where guys have gotten a sixth year due to injury. Can’t see him moving on unless he’s assured of game time right away.
Since he already transferred once he would NOT be eligible for immediate play under the proposed rule change correct?

Reaction Score
Since he already transferred once he would NOT be eligible for immediate play under the proposed rule change correct?

I believe that will depend on how it’s written and interpreted. I know once the rule is in effect, players can only utilize it once, but I don’t know if previous transfers will count against a player or not. There’s just so much uncertainty, which I think will tend to lead to less movement in more stable programs for now.

Reaction Score
i'd expect/hope a previous transfer would not count against a player. otherwise a previous transferee would never benefit from the proposed rule change in any way shape or form. if the rule is meant to apply to everyone equally, then sid should be able to transfer (again) without having to sit out another year. if he desires, of course.

Sure, but someone would likely argue that those guys who have already transferred could eventually move on once again as a grad transfer, provided they’ve taken care of the school part. I wouldn’t be too invested in that argument, but I imagine someone will make it.

Reaction Score
it doesnt count toward his 4 years of actually playing. i didnt know there was a 5 year limit overall since players have used 6. but my question was already answered...
Okay I understand now. You wrote "eligibility", so that's what I was talking about.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Sorry but your math doesn't work. He's already used 3 years to play 2. If he transfers now, barring a rule change, he would have to sit one and then only have one left to play.
If you read the whole quote I said, "I don't know if it will work based on his history".

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ok...I've been sitting on this for a while because I don't want to make a big deal about it, but its kind of funny:

Sid had his pet dog living on campus this year. Everyone knew but Hurley. Hurley found out towards the end of the season and was not happy. The dog had to be removed from campus.
Can’t believe this has to be said, but Sid was not suspended over a dog.

It is a very cute dog, though.

Is this literally a dog or an allegorical dog?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Bouk's best case is better than Ben.
Darkhorse for next year is Gaffney. We really saw him in flashes this year. I think Sid if he gets his act together is not even close to where his ceiling can be. The things SW needs to work on are also things that can be taught. He has the god given talent. #jellyfam

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The 30 Greatest Basketball Players to Never Play in the NBA

The man is nicknamed "Helicopter" with good reason; Herman Knowings had bounce that could seemingly take him to the stratosphere. Knowings, who was 6'7" with a long wingspan, was a Rucker Park standout in the 1960s and '70s. His career remains New York streetball legend. Knowings was revered by NBA legends such as Hall of Famer Bernard King, who once said, "When I was in ninth grade, I saw the Helicopter, with my own two eyes, pick a quarter off the top of the backboard to win a bet, and I was in complete shock." He also garnered the respect of Wilt Chamberlain, who said Knowings' vertical "was absolutely awesome." Knowings died in a car accident in 1980 at 37 years old.
I learned about the helicopter from connie hawkins book. a great read.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Bouk's best case is better than Ben.
It's possible, but Bouk would probably have to achieve pretty close to his best case. Yesterday I watched some of the 01-02 play, including the BE tourney game vs Pitt, and Ben was pretty impressive as a Fr playing alongside Caron, Taliek and Robertson. It's going to be fun to watch, that's for sure.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Players get five years to play four. There are extenuating circumstances where guys have gotten a sixth year due to injury. Can’t see him moving on unless he’s assured of game time right away.
So... Wichita State?

Reaction Score
it doesnt count toward his 4 years of actually playing. i didnt know there was a 5 year limit overall since players have used 6. but my question was already answered...

You get a 6th year only if you've lost two seasons to injuries. Sid sat out his first year due to a transfer. He isn't entitled to a 6th year.

Reaction Score
So... Wichita State?

Wichita State has actually filled a bunch of their spots but did lose a recruit. My comment was in reference to immediate eligibility, which is yet to be decided.

Reaction Score
Sid will be lucky to get off the bench once conference play starts next year!
Alas Sid is what I heard called a “classic AAU player.” Lots of highlight reel stuff but what doesn’t make the reel, which is most of the stuff, is not ver good.

of course when he was sitting out a year he was the “best player on the team.” Sometimes its too bad guys who are sitting have to play against actual opponents.

Reaction Score
Quite a statement considering Ben was the 3rd pick in the 2004 draft
I think there are a lot of posters who never actually saw Ben, Ray, Emeka Rip Hamilton. When I read some posts comparing other guys to Ray Allen or Ben, you just know they are going by reputation alone. Bouknight has many miles to go before he belongs in the same sentence with those guys.

Reaction Score
Things said about Whaley during the 2019 offseason.
Hilton will be bummed. For the past 15 years every under achiever was going to be Hilton Armstrong. Sorry Hilton. From now on they are going to be the next Whaley. Or for the next 15 years until the next Whaley actually does come along. In the meantime Whaley can look forward to having lots of under achievers projected to be the next version of him.

Reaction Score
Hilton will be bummed. For the past 15 years every under achiever was going to be Hilton Armstrong. Sorry Hilton. From now on they are going to be the next Whaley. Or for the next 15 years until the next Whaley actually does come along. In the meantime Whaley can look forward to having lots of under achievers projected to be the next version of him.
Slow down a bit. Armstrong was a first round draft pick and played on very stacked teams against way better competition than Whaley has. Not to take anything away from Whaley but he has only thrown a few good games together and literally was the only option UConn had.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom