Sid | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sid

Reaction Score
I am hoping that Hurley has him 'trained' now....

Reaction Score
Sid really has no offensive game and is not very good on the defensive end. Any move by him to the basket is an easy charge because he always goes in a straight line and for someone as athletic as Sid he is not quick or elusive with the ball in his hands. Defensively he seem to be a step slow and a foul machine. He will need to improve a lot to see floor time if he decides to stay.

Reaction Score
You have to give Sid some credit with the corner 3 pointer game that he sort of added to his repertoire. That was a shot that HE DID NOT TAKE the prior season. Hopefully he can add a mid range shot/bank shot like Timmy Duncan.

Reaction Score
The play I remember most clearly from Sid is when the pass hit him in the back. After that I focused on him and he didn't seem to know the plays. Makes me think he is uncoachable.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
He reminds me of Helicopter Harry (Herman Rowlings). Probably the greatest street ball player in the history of NYC ball. He was called Helicopter because of his ability to hang in the air. Once in a Rucker game he blocked the shots of 3 NBA players in one offensive set. Bernard King said the he once saw 6'5" 'Harry' take a quarter of the top of a backboard. He is still a legendary player. A street ball legend, not a college legend and not a NBA legend.

I understand the love for Sid's highlight reel plays and that he is definitely one of the greatest athletes to ever put on a UConn jersey. He is also the most frustrating players, for me, that I have ever seen play for UConn. Given all that ability and all the highlight reel plays we don't see Sid play very much. Why? Because he is a bad basketball player. He is very lazy on defense and will regularly leave his man to follow the ball. I've had a couple of kids like Sid. In the early years they dominate every game because of the magnitude of their raw athletic abilities. They have never worked on fundamentals because it was not necessary to succeed. They seem satisfied with their level of success and no matter what you try to do, there is rarely any effort to improve beyond the natural.

Based purely on ability Sid should be making big bucks in the NBA right now. You do Sid no favors when you talk about his greatness and feed the apparent lie that has deluded him. Perhaps this year he is going to make a turn around . Maybe DH can get through or perhaps he will join the pantheon of players that could have ...

Reaction Score
Not saying things will get better, but some of you act like there hasn’t been plenty of players who went into their junior season before we saw the light go on. Give him a break. If there are off the court issues, that’s where I’m impatient with him. On the court, imagine him being the end of our bench. Pretty good team. Of course I want and expect more from him but if he’s our last resort then we should be happy with where we are headed as a team. But I do expect a leap this year from him for sure.

Reaction Score
After February 1st Sid played in 8 games for a total of 46 minutes. He scored 8 points and had 5 rebounds total in those 8 games. Despite tremendous athleticism, he really doesn't contribute much other than the occasional highlight play. I think his lack of any sort of handle hurts his game quite a bit. Would love to see things click for Sid, but that may just be wishful thinking.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The only thing holding Sid back from being great is Sid. He should use Whaley as exhibit A, B, C and D of what can happen if you bust it daily.

Kid has been through a lot but seems like a really nice kid and also apparently applies himself academically (on the fall semester 3.0 list).

Would welcome him back with open arms because his ceiling is incredibly high, but only if he is willing to actually put in the work.

Reaction Score
You have to give Sid some credit with the corner 3 pointer game that he sort of added to his repertoire. That was a shot that HE DID NOT TAKE the prior season. Hopefully he can add a mid range shot/bank shot like Timmy Duncan.

It was admittedly a small sample, but Sid’s three-point shot looked better at times this year. For all his athletic gifts, he’s probably never going to be a player who creates off the dribble. If he can hit some corner threes, play better team defense, avoid silly fouls, and still provide the occasional highlight reel play, then he’ll be an asset for us.

Reaction Score
Sid lives in the dog house. No one really knows why. But there is something between him and Hurley. Nothing would surprise me at this point. To truly improve he has to become more than an athlete.

Reaction Score
Ok...I've been sitting on this for a while because I don't want to make a big deal about it, but its kind of funny:

Sid had his pet dog living on campus this year. Everyone knew but Hurley. Hurley found out towards the end of the season and was not happy. The dog had to be removed from campus.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Ok...I've been sitting on this for a while because I don't want to make a big deal about it, but its kind of funny:

Sid had his pet dog living on campus this year. Everyone knew but Hurley. Hurley found out towards the end of the season and was not happy. The dog had to be removed from campus.
Talk about being in the doghouse.

Reaction Score

Ah....now we get it. KInd of an innocent thing compared to what we all were imagining.

Reaction Score
Ah....now we get it. KInd of an innocent thing compared to what we all were imagining.

Yeah, I don't know if that was the exact reason for the suspension but it was around that time.

But it is very funny to think of Hurley's face when he found out Sid wasn't taking extra jumpers after practice because he was going back to the dorm to feed his dog or something like that. lol

hurleyface.jpg

Reaction Score

Ah that makes sense, there was always a dog on CVs instagram/snapchat stories. Guessing they lived together.

Reaction Score
Not saying things will get better, but some of you act like there hasn’t been plenty of players who went into their junior season before we saw the light go on. Give him a break. If there are off the court issues, that’s where I’m impatient with him. On the court, imagine him being the end of our bench. Pretty good team. Of course I want and expect more from him but if he’s our last resort then we should be happy with where we are headed as a team. But I do expect a leap this year from him for sure.

Sid has extraordinary athletic ability as we know. He somehow needs to catch up with the understanding of the game on each end of the court, the fundamentals, the positioning, the plays etc.. He's a 6'5 Brimah just nothing comes naturally except the athletic aspect of his game. Just needs to be smarter on the court to get more time. Problem is kids can't always get better in that area when they weren't taught properly or were't interest din listening in their younger years. Hope he does though!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Best case? I would buy that in a second. He will never approach Stanley I don't think maybe half would be ok off the bench. I wish we had a Stanley Robinson on the team.
Lol right? I hope Bouknight performs like Ben Gordon next year. That’d be the best case.

Reaction Score
Best case? I would buy that in a second. He will never approach Stanley I don't think maybe half would be ok off the bench. I wish we had a Stanley Robinson on the team.

Robinson's career average at Uconn was 10/6. Half that is 5/3. If Sid cant even average 5 points and 3 rebounds his next two years then that's a giant waste of talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom