Sid Wilson | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson

Reaction Score
It's kind of amazing how this keeps playing out with us. Everything points to a kid wanting to come to Uconn, it's between us and an inferior program and the kid always selects the inferior program and quickly realizes they should have gone with what they wanted all along instead of letting outside influences guide "their" decision. Happened with Rodney, Terry, Sid, and it seems pretty obvious Montez will come calling at some point.

I'd call that a trend. Our staff needs to be better at closing the deal.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Because he was not blind to what was going on. No one, from the college program to the recruit himself is innocent. To act like Sid is a victim in this is a joke.
Correcting a mistake is not something you tolerate? Making a mistake? Judging this kid with only a few facts in front of you? Lighten up young fella. To err is human... If he wants to correct what he perceives was the wrong choice for him, more power to him. If he ends up coming to UConn, more power to us.

Reaction Score
The fact that he has to sit out a year even though he's two months ahead of his first practice feels arbitrary and wrong. However, given he's a kid who re-classified late in the process, appears to struggle making decisions, and apparently is sifting through some personal issues in general, it might be for the better that he use the year to get his feet under him.

Even if he isn't here until 2018, it's an astronomical get for a coach that will probably be looking to replace Terry Larrier and replenish a pipeline that had eroded some after some transfers and a light 2017 class.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It's a war - all is fair. A win is a win. Nothing to apologize for. Something to celebrate.

I meant more that his roundabout way means he can't play this year for us.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
All I am saying is someone high enough on the food chain had incentive to get him to St. John's and succeeded. I am not going to feel bad for anyone who has regrets three months later.

Come on.

He's a young kid less than two years removed from losing his mother.

His father wanted him close, so he stayed close and it wasn't the right fit.

Reaction Score
Come on.

He's a young kid less than two years removed from losing his mother.

His father wanted him close, so he stayed close and it wasn't the right fit.

Agreed. And this is nothing like the Mitchell Robinson situation.

Reaction Score
Wasn't the attraction of St. John's through 80's that player didn't have dorms to live in so they were given a stipend for housing. Then they'd live at home with family and bank the cash?? Then SJU built dorms and the cash went away?
An old man told me this a long, long time ago. Said dorms would hurt St. Johns.

C

Chief00

The fact that he has to sit out a year even though he's two months ahead of his first practice feels arbitrary and wrong. However, given he's a kid who re-classified late in the process, appears to struggle making decisions, and apparently is sifting through some personal issues in general, it might be for the better that he use the year to get his feet under him.

Even if he isn't here until 2018, it's an astronomical get for a coach that will probably be looking to replace Terry Larrier and replenish a pipeline that had eroded some after some transfers and a light 2017 class.

Some good points - now he's got to get to Storrs and enroll. Figure out the schedule details later - please!

Reaction Score
They want to kill UConn fans. This will be the end of us.

this might be the only like you ever get from me, but god damn is it the truth. I'm trying to stay of the mens board until the season starts but of course something happens and I'm reeled back in.

C

Chief00

Our recruiting is now weaponized again. Sense of urgency, stronger advocacy for UConn and fight fire with fire if someone wants to negatively recruit against us. I hope recruiting stays focused this way and does not fall back into the recent rut.
You got to admit for certain guys JC got criticized for accepting - few took as long academically as Cobb and Williams - which is a good sign we are all now on the same page with level of commitment regarding winning. And now we have a guy committing later than Andre (but he has to sit a year). Dare to be great!

Reaction Score
Our recruiting is now weaponized again. Sense of urgency, stronger advocacy for UConn and fight fire with fire if someone wants to negatively recruit against us. I hope recruiting stays focused this way and does not fall back into the recent rut.
You got to admit for certain guys JC got criticized for accepting - few took as long academically as Cobb and Williams - which is a good sign we are all now on the same page with level of commitment regarding winning. And now we have a guy committing later than Andre (but he has to sit a year). Dare to be great!
chief says he's coming. if he doesn't, it will be the final nail in the coffin

Reaction Score
The fact that he has to sit out a year even though he's two months ahead of his first practice feels arbitrary and wrong.
Happened to us before with a football recruit. He registered but hadn't attended any classes at UNC IIRC. He did go to 1 or 2 summer practices before school started, and left to go to Fork Union. Played there for a year, but STILL had to sit a year before he could play for us.

Reaction Score
He can't go back to Brewster can he?

Happened to us before with a football recruit. He registered but hadn't attended any classes at UNC IIRC. He did go to 1 or 2 summer practices before school started, and left to go to Fork Union. Played there for a year, but STILL had to sit a year before he could play for us.

Even if he can go back, he'd most likely sit another year after transferring. He's better off transferring now and practicing with the team he'll play for next year.

Reaction Score
I feel somewhat vindicated here.

When all the usual con artists said we had no chance - I said the opposite. It wasn't a hunch or tea leave thing. I had a good reason for thinking we led here. Either way it was an L.

I reluctantly brought up he was unhappy- which was completely reading the tea leaves. You had to be a complete friggin idiot not to see it. Of course got some skepticism. Now this.

Ultimately, it all worked out. Give me Kwintin Williams all day, everyday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom