Sid Wilson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
When you lose recruiting battles like we did for the 2017 class - we relie on excuses rather than success narratives.
Succinct truth about this board's narrative lately

Reaction Score
When St. John's was without dorms, they were permitted to give athletes a stipend that was tied to the cost of living in New York City. It was substantial and it was guaranteed. It didn't matter what the kids did with that money. They lost that perk when they added dorms to campus.

The stipend you're allowed to offer when you have dorms is tied only to the cost of living in those dorms.

That's what they're referring to when they're talking about an advantage that St. John's lost.

Gotcha. That does make a huge difference. As most college kids know, the money the dorms cost you is usually well above the local going rate. I know my off-campus housemate at BU (a hockey player) got $11k for the year to live. This was supposed to cover him only from Sept to mid-May, but it was easily enough for the whole year or more.

Reaction Score
Seems kind of unfair to the kid that he has to sit out a year without even showing up to a college campus. He made a bad initial decision but I will still gladly accept him in Storrs, especially with the Terry rumors.

Reaction Score

Also from St. John's board this morning:

Lots of UCONN booster pressure was placed on his handlers and they felt they had him, explains why the Vineyard was so confident. And they didn't stop even after he signed and enrolled.

He is at SJU for the forseeable future and right now that is all that matters.

Reaction Score
Seems kind of unfair to the kid that he has to sit out a year without even showing up to a college campus. He made a bad initial decision but I will still gladly accept him in Storrs, especially with the Terry rumors.
He was there for summer classes, once you take a class you are in.

Reaction Score

Also from St. John's board this morning:

Lots of UCONN booster pressure was placed on his handlers and they felt they had him, explains why the Vineyard was so confident. And they didn't stop even after he signed and enrolled.

He is at SJU for the forseeable future and right now that is all that matters.

Braziller is heart broken

Reaction Score
Whoa.

Don't know of this guy Oz's credibility, what's the word?
You must be new here. Oz is extremely plugged in to the staff's thinking. He's close friends with a couple of the coaches. So if he says it thats what they've been told

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom