Sid Wilson suspended | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Game competition" makes me think it is an NCAA issue. Maybe tampering charges from St. Johns?

It is a University policy violation, not an NCAA violation. Could encompass an Athletic Department rule that is part of University rules, policies, procedures; likely academic or behavioral (behavioral covers a lot).

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It is a University policy violation, not an NCAA violation. Could encompass an Athletic Department rule that is part of University rules, policies, procedures; likely academic or behavioral (behavioral covers a lot).

Well failing a drug test issued by the university would be a University policy violation...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There’s breaking the law like B&E and there’s weed which is perfectly legal in many states though against U rules. There are degrees of offense. This can’t stay a secret for very long.
There is no indication that this is legal matter, which we would know about pretty quickly. They did not use the "violation of team rules" language, so it isn't just that. That means school rules or NCAA. My guess is NCAA rules. I won't speculate more than that.

Reaction Score
"Game competition" makes me think it is an NCAA issue. Maybe tampering charges from St. Johns?
That’s an idea, hadn’t thought of that. But why now? He’s been at Uconn for a year.

Reaction Score
Almost chocked on my tea reading this
You spoke about surprises in context of a recruiting thread and now parlay this issue as a Chief's pick??????
Wow
Chief00 (D)
Chief could be wrong on his next 117 predictions and still have a better track record than you. If it was up to you, we would still have last season's coaching staff and would be looking forward to a bunch more 20 point blowout losses.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Chief could be wrong on his next 117 predictions and still have a better track record than you. If it was up to you, we would still have last season's coaching staff and would be looking forward to a bunch more 20 point blowout losses.
It’s really funny that some people believe that Chief even has a track record

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Using a smattering of deductive reasoning. He is suspended from games not practice, indicating his participation in a game might result in a team loss.

We have no duration listed and they expect his status to change, that means there is an investigation going on and the final decision has not been reached.

It happened last year. My gut feeling is it’s an academic issue that was recently uncovered and is currently under investigation.

Reaction Score

Exactly. You can discard all the possibilities that would have gotten him suspended from the team. That covers most of what has been suggested here. That leaves an NCAA violation that opens the possibility of game forfeiture if he's allowed to play.

Reaction Score
Using a smattering of deductive reasoning. He is suspended from games not practice, indicating his participation in a game might result in a team loss.

We have no duration listed and they expect his status to change, that means there is an investigation going on and the final decision has not been reached.

It happened last year. My gut feeling is it’s an academic issue that was recently uncovered and is currently under investigation.

Wouldn't have bothered with my own post if I had seen yours.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To be fair, he does.

He told us Drummond was on campus while Drummond was tweeting from Michigan.
He also told us that he was cool with Calhoun...

1541086068439.png

Reaction Score
Chief, my man. Wasn’t the surprise prediction in a recruiting thread?

He is awesome. I think his persona is so much more interesting when it isn’t clear if he is trolling us or not. Is he a sad loner looking for attention? Is he a master provocateur with a wicked sense of humor that gets off on creating the joke at everyone else’s expense? A bit of both?

Count me in the camp that hopes to never learn the truth.

Reaction Score
O.K., but if you want roster turnover the time you want it is at the end of the season. Not at the beginning. If we've learned anything the last few years (besides KO wasn't getting it done), we should have learned that a 13 man roster is important because depth gets tested as the season wears on.

I think Hurley didn't want to be seen purging the roster his first day on the job.

That said, after a full year of evaluating who meets his expectations for hustle, toughness, accountability, etc., come April he'll be frank with these guys about whether he sees them as being a part of the program's future. Calhoun wasn't shy about this either.

C

Chief00

Almost chocked on my tea reading this
You spoke about surprises in context of a recruiting thread and now parlay this issue as a Chief's pick??????
Wow
Chief00 (D)
I believe. I said there would be two surprises - did not specify recruiting. True, my comment was probably in a recruiting thread- thats what most threads are right now. Often in recent recruiting threads fans bring up assumed bodies at positions and one of Chief’s guidances has been not to get caught up in that. So it all ties together.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I believe. I said there would be two surprises - did not specify recruiting. True, my comment was probably in a recruiting thread- thats what most threads are right now. Often in recent recruiting threads fans bring up assumed bodies at positions and one of Chief’s guidances has been not to get caught up in that. So it all ties together.
Ehhhh...you purposely planted that comment in a recruiting thread. You can' backpedal on this now. I'm a parishioner in the Church of Chief but even I see through this smoke.

C

Chief00

To be fair, he does.

He told us Drummond was on campus while Drummond was tweeting from Michigan.
I predicted he would enrolled in UConn for the 2011/2012 season and he did. I believe I was the only one predicting that.
As for the social thing - his plans changed and that wasn’t well communicated since Kentan was getting ready for the game. No deep conspiracy there.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
UConn will get some recruits and miss out on some others over the course of the next 8 months. Also, some players will leave the program in that period as well, while others still will join the program. I can't say anything more because #gagorder.

C

Chief00

Ehhhh...you purposely planted that comment in a recruiting thread. You can' backpedal on this now. I'm a parishioner in the Church of Chief but even I see through this smoke.
You got to be kidding that recruiting threads don’t veer off into various related topics. As I just stated, who you expect to have impacts who you recruit and the numbers. It’s all connected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79