Sid Wilson suspended | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rivals had him at #58 and Scout had him at #50 and 247 had him at #78 in their 2018 rankings before he reclassed to 2017.

Thanks. I stand corrected. This May 2016 ranking on 247 had him at 89 comp and was his last appearance on their top 100 list. Link Somehow I am missing something but I trust your deep dive more than mine.

Its interesting looking back and seeing the reports of his URI visit and the Minnesota offer with Kimani listed as lead recruiter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It depends on the semantics of the statement I guess. The "university" wouldn't drug test him exactly whereas the team/NCAA would. If he failed a drug test it'd be a team rules/NCAA eligibility issue, not a university policy issue. But if he were caught with/using weed/alcohol by say an RA or the cops, that would violate the university drug policy. But would that be enough to suspend him indefinitely? Doubt it. Timing could suggest some funny business as well.
Well as some have pointed out already, the official statement from UConn is that hes suspended from “game competition”. Why single that out in the statement? If this was a legal issue, why wouldnt he be banned from practice and all team activities.

Reaction Score
Well as some have pointed out already, the official statement from UConn is that hes suspended from “game competition”. Why single that out in the statement? If this was a legal issue, why wouldnt he be banned from practice and all team activities.
There's other situations that could put him in serious trouble with the university, but not the law. I'm not going to speculate which. Really the statement is too ambiguous to draw much of anything from I guess we just hope for the best now.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
We have such a serious culture problem. It’ll be nice when some of these Ollie hold overs are on their way and we can start over fresh. We’re bad on the court and off.
Wait! Wait! Wait! Didn’t Palatine just tell us that “culture is vastly overrated” on the football board? How can that be?...

C

Chief00

Predictions are fluid, right?
Fluid? More the timing sometimes than the result.
There’s a way to give the board a heads up as Chief did by predicting a surprise in this case rather than slandering the kid in speculation regarding offense specifics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Sid’s probably what 18,19 years old? And facing some adversity having dealt with personal tragedy. There’s a lot that happens over the course of a season/playing career that fans can’t/won’t understand. Regardless of the pending infraction maybe we can cut the kid some slack and show some support. But maybe not. Some things are bigger than sports. Either way: here’s an opportunity for the team and Coach Hurley to rally around a kid and redefine the team’s culture.

Reaction Score
One of the pieces we're depending in this season and probably our third most talented plaayer is suspended and is going to miss games, possibly a significant amount of time after he along with our supposed best player and senior leader miss the scrimmage for screwing up. The reaction seems pretty fair especially considering the garbage this fanbase has had to endure the past couple of years
I understand that part. I’m referring to people who are drawing conclusions about what he did or how bad it must have been based on almost no information.

Reaction Score
There’s a way to give the board a heads up as Chief did by predicting a surprise in this case rather than slandering the kid in speculation regarding offense specifics.
35E00651-C1BD-408D-9241-1A01081E342C.jpeg

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

Oh c’mon. You’ve started to reel me in with your sweet-talking recruit knowledge ... but to claim you gave the board a heads up on this one? Outrageous even by Chief standards.

Reaction Score
Saw one of the b-ball players last night and asked him what’s the situation and he said no comment

Reaction Score
Saw one of the b-ball players last night and asked him what’s the situation and he said no comment

Aha! Sounds like a gag order to me. If there was ever a doubt that the players read The Yard.......

Reaction Score
Here is a thought...if you do not know...say so. If you know but can't say...say nothing. Almost all of us know nothing. I am not happy with this latest revelation. There are so many possibilities. Surprised someone hasn't speculated that he is a person of interest in(fill in the blank).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This infraction relates to Sid not the program in general. As i suggested this past weekend there are some roster spots i wouldn't mind being purged. Sid is disposable. Jalen is a senior. The expectations that this year is going to be some stark reversal of the past two years is flat wrong. Credit to Ollie for bringing in 'Rique because he is true blue. Bouknight and Gaffney are hard-nosed no BS Hurley guys. Our existing frontcourt guys don't know any better and seem to duck the flashing lights of being a college D1 athlete that have impaired Jalen, Sid, and i guess to a lesser extent CV. Hurley will weed people out or they will weed themselves out. Land a couple of the big guys we're after now and we start completely new 2019-2020. We will continue to get better.

O.K., but if you want roster turnover the time you want it is at the end of the season. Not at the beginning. If we've learned anything the last few years (besides KO wasn't getting it done), we should have learned that a 13 man roster is important because depth gets tested as the season wears on.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I have a feeling we won't see Sid for awhile.

The good thing is, we've got 5 guards that can play so that should enable us to play a lot of 3 guard sets. We're gonna have to at this point.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Almost chocked on my tea reading this
You spoke about surprises in context of a recruiting thread and now parlay this issue as a Chief's pick??????
Wow
Chief00 (D)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If you signed up for the Boneyard Premium Board gold membership you would have been given a heads up and automatically covered under its "disappointment insurance" policy.

I’m going to drown my sorrows at Arby’s tonight.

Reaction Score
"Game competition" makes me think it is an NCAA issue. Maybe tampering charges from St. Johns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom