Sid Wilson suspended | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If it was something very serious and academic/university protocol related, wouldn't he be suspended from school?
Is that the case?
When I was in school I was brought up on charges to the J Board at least 3 times ranging from marijuana usage/possession (the horrors!!) to destruction of school property and wasn't given more than can't have visitors for x amount of time to I wasn't invited back to same dorm. It didn't interfere with athletic involvement.
Makes me think it's basketball related -

NCAA related

Reaction Score
Whatever it is I feel like ACC schools would let this be swept under the rug. Classic UConn
But maybe they can’t since they made a big ole deal about firing Ollie for cause and this just shows they take that stuff seriously, even if it hurts.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yep, one bad, one good.

giphy.gif

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
NCAA related

Yeah, I have no inside information but I’m wondering if it’s not something like te Derrick Rose. That would explain being able to practice at least. Not criminal. Not bad enough to get kicked out of school, but clearly can’t play in games.

Reaction Score
someone may or may not have failed a drug test last year....
I never like to post second hand rumors but someone i personally know that has close ties to the school also hinted at this. Take this with a huuuugggeeee grain of salt but supposedly there was failed test last year that came with some minor discipline with the understanding that another violation would be more severe. So could it be he violated last years condition to not violate again this year? Is this even possible?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
don't forget that Some Guy and the other reporters will read this thread and then go ask Sid about all these rumors. Then it will be tweeted out and it will be great publicity for the University

Reaction Score
I never like to post second hand rumors but someone i personally know that has close ties to the school also hinted at this. Take this with a huuuugggeeee grain of salt but supposedly there was failed test last year that came with some minor discipline with the understanding that another violation would be more severe. So could it be he violated last years condition to not violate again this year? Is this even possible?

If you never like to post second hand rumors then why in hell would you make this post?

Reaction Score
This infraction relates to Sid not the program in general. As i suggested this past weekend there are some roster spots i wouldn't mind being purged. Sid is disposable. Jalen is a senior. The expectations that this year is going to be some stark reversal of the past two years is flat wrong. Credit to Ollie for bringing in 'Rique because he is true blue. Bouknight and Gaffney are hard-nosed no BS Hurley guys. Our existing frontcourt guys don't know any better and seem to duck the flashing lights of being a college D1 athlete that have impaired Jalen, Sid, and i guess to a lesser extent CV. Hurley will weed people out or they will weed themselves out. Land a couple of the big guys we're after now and we start completely new 2019-2020. We will continue to get better.

Reaction Score
Serious issue in CT, who has produced more continued dismal news General Electric or players on the MBB team?

Reaction Score
I disagree about this yr not being different. Rique and Hurley change the toughness of this team overnight imo. We wont lay down this yr. I expect a much better yr. With or without Sid

it will be better but rique cant play 1 v 5. you still have the same frontcourt guys. tarin should be an upgrade from twan. reshaped cobb is improvement but temper expectations

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Well he may or may not have continued his use and got caught again...

C

Chief00

don't forget that Some Guy and the other reporters will read this thread and then go ask Sid about all these rumors. Then it will be tweeted out and it will be great publicity for the University

Agree, just call it a bad surprise and move on. Hopefully, Sid gets back in the saddle soon but changes certain things.

Reaction Score
This is simply the year to turn the ship around. Next season is the real beginning of the Hurley era with legit Tourney expectations. A little patience is in order. This is a bump in the road, but the future is still bright.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Man if that's it that's so stupid. Find me a player who's not smoking.

I work with an ex D1 football player, their coaches used to provide the team with piss

Reaction Score
We have such a serious culture problem. It’ll be nice when some of these Ollie hold overs are on their way and we can start over fresh. We’re bad on the court and off.
I’m late to the party so I apologize if this has been addressed, but I’m pretty sure Hurley recruited Sid to URI no?

Reaction Score
I've been trying to brace people and get them to lower and have more realistic expectations. People telling me I was making excuses when I said it's totally unfair to expect something like 25-28 wins as they were predicting. The culture was incredibly bad and Hurley is doing great things in changing that but it doesn't happen overnight. He loves being at UConn but doesn't love what he inherited in terms of talent and culture (he does love the challenge of turning it around and making it great again which he knows he will.) Our frontcourt talent simply isn't anywhere close to where it needs to be at this level which makes guys like Kofi, Akok, and Mitchell so incredibly important, they would start day 1 and get as many minutes as they want. He loves everything about Alterique.

The best we can realistically hope for is sneaking into the tournament, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01