Sid Wilson Commits to UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The game has changed 4's don't play underneath. He's a 3/4. Could play alongside Larrier giving u two versatile forwards.
Husky429, Posters want to look at mix tapes and hear about a recruit's play to gain some expectations about that player. All the dunks in Sid's mixtape and the fact that he is 6'7 gave one poster, (Coach J), the view he was a thicker Deandre Daniels type player. In fact he is even skinnier I think. A second poster, (noeynox), responded to the Daniels comparison saying he had viewed Sid more as a Daniel Hamilton type with more athleticism and a less polished outside game. I agreed with the second poster that Sid is more like Daniel Hamilton, but I elaborated numerous differences, so I clearly did not imply that they are the same player. I swore to myself I wasn't going to get drawn into a dialogue about this, but he is absolutely not a 4, and plays nothing like Roscoe Smith. You could attend multiple games where he scored 15-20 pts and not see any dunks in traffic like are in the mixtape. What you will see is a poor man's Hamidou Diallo in that he makes things happen offensively and defensively with quickness, and athleticism, yet has a bit better mid range shooting. As a 'slasher', he gets to the line often like Diallo, and misses a lot of foul shots but probably less misses than Diallo. Whenever I saw Wilson he was playing from the backcourt, and wings, not underneath as a 4. He's like 175lbs. AND, I'm not saying he is Diallo. I'm just trying to give people an image as to how I have seen him play and people can take it for what it is worth. If you have seen him enough to disagree that is fine, I'll concede to your opinion.

My response is basically the same as @Burnsbros23. Were both hs coaches, so it may impact our opinions on kids for better or worse.

I realize he will never be a banger down low. And yes ive seen him play. I think hes likely going to be a perimeter stretch 3/4 for us. He doesnt have the ball skills to play 2 at all. I hope he learns those skills in his year off!

Edit: ive seen him play 3 or 4 times, i believe.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yes it is. But I don't mind it. I embraced JC's willingness to muck it up. I will embrace KO's.

It's the only way to stay on a level playing field in a sport full of shady.

You can maintain your plausible deniability but I don't have to.

I don't know what you're talking about.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If Adams and Larrier return in 2018-19 and we add another piece up front...look out for a Final4 season. Just try to make the tourney this year and build on it.

Welcome Sid!!!!!!
Can we just get back on the road towards some level of relevancy again first? Lol
And the chance of Adams AND Larrier coming back in 2018 is about 1%.

But I like the optimism.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Husky429, Posters want to look at mix tapes and hear about a recruit's play to gain some expectations about that player. All the dunks in Sid's mixtape and the fact that he is 6'7 gave one poster, (Coach J), the view he was a thicker Deandre Daniels type player. In fact he is even skinnier I think. A second poster, (noeynox), responded to the Daniels comparison saying he had viewed Sid more as a Daniel Hamilton type with more athleticism and a less polished outside game. I agreed with the second poster that Sid is more like Daniel Hamilton, but I elaborated numerous differences, so I clearly did not imply that they are the same player. I swore to myself I wasn't going to get drawn into a dialogue about this, but he is absolutely not a 4, and plays nothing like Roscoe Smith. You could attend multiple games where he scored 15-20 pts and not see any dunks in traffic like are in the mixtape. What you will see is a poor man's Hamidou Diallo in that he makes things happen offensively and defensively with quickness, and athleticism, yet has a bit better mid range shooting. As a 'slasher', he gets to the line often like Diallo, and misses a lot of foul shots but probably less misses than Diallo. Whenever I saw Wilson he was playing from the backcourt, and wings, not underneath as a 4. He's like 175lbs. AND, I'm not saying he is Diallo. I'm just trying to give people an image as to how I have seen him play and people can take it for what it is worth. If you have seen him enough to disagree that is fine, I'll concede to your opinion.
So far we have commentary that he is a top notch defender (1-4). Now we also have commentary he could well be a 2 offensively (and with that height probably a 3). It is amazing when someone is highly athletic, long and has a good motor. Really looking forward to some of the players (Diarra, Wilson, Anderson) labeled "good motor" (which translates aggressive and motivated) on the court for Uconn. When you have guys that won't quit or whine it brings back memories of teams from the past at Uconn.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Is it still possible Sid could suit up for us this year? Read Dom Amore's article on him and it sounded like his Dad was optimistic that the NCAA my grant a waiver...

I suppose it's possible but i wouldn't get your hopes up... Especially if it's coming from UConn's athletic department, I believe there's a trash can in the NCAA offices specifically for any UConn appeals.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It is amazing when someone is highly athletic, long and has a good motor. Really looking forward to some of the players (Diarra, Wilson, Anderson) labeled "good motor" (which translates aggressive and motivated) on the court for Uconn. When you have guys that won't quit or whine it brings back memories of teams from the past at Uconn.

Can't have just that tho. Amida had a good motor, and was absolutely savaged on this board. Taliek too. Dyson. etc etc

Reaction Score
My hopes are Adams and Larrier have phenomenal seasons, get drafted in the first round, and have impactful NBA careers.

Of course! My apologies my friend! I was just contemplating a scenario where the odds of us cutting down the nets were more realistic PLUS the mojo of winning it in Minneapolis the home city of KEA. We would come full circle and win it in the city of the PG that led us to our first title. There is something romantic about that. Not sure if I am overthinking this. That is a distinct possibility :( :(. BDH ducks another water balloon per the usual. :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Of course! My apologies my friend! I was just contemplating a scenario where the odds of us cutting down the nets were more realistic PLUS the mojo of winning it in Minneapolis the home city of KEA. We would come full circle and win it in the city of the PG that led us to our first title. There is something romantic about that. Not sure if I am overthinking this. That is a distinct possibility :( :(. BDH ducks another water balloon per the usual. :)
It's obvious I missed you on the first toss!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't have just that tho. Amida had a good motor, and was absolutely savaged on this board. Taliek too. Dyson. etc etc
Yes, I agree, AB had a good motor, but unfortunately, the options that are needed to make a complete race car were missing.....................
Best of luck to AB in the future - he does bleed Husky blue

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yes, I agree, AB had a good motor, but unfortunately, the options that are needed to make a complete race car were missing......
Best of luck to AB in the future - he does bleed Husky blue
And let's not forget his monumental contribution to our most recent national championship!

Reaction Score
My friend be careful using "we" because you might not know what everyone in the "we" group knows.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I still contend that you amuse despite yourself, but I'm entertained either way, so who's to argue?

Reaction Score
His handle is better than I anticipated. Much more fluid than stix or DD

I wasnt sure if you young guns knew who stix was ;)

Much better. Could end up being a lot like Larrier

I hope Sid is watching everything he can on Paul george. Thats where i see his ceiling.

Reaction Score
How bout a lineup of Gilbert, Adams, Larrier, Wilson and Williams holy !!! Regardless Wilson will improve so much just going head to head with Larrier and Williams everyday if not eligible.

Reaction Score

The move at :26 isnt something i saw from him even a few months ago. Obviously just pick up, but it looked pretty smooth. Keep grinding, Sid

I'm out for dead presidents to represent me.

Reaction Score

The move at :26 isnt something i saw from him even a few months ago. Obviously just pick up, but it looked pretty smooth. Keep grinding, Sid

Haha, that a pick up game with the alums and local. The whole thing is fun, no defense. You can carry or palm the ball in those games as long as you look good taking the shot. I don't remember an opponent ever call a carry on me in a pick-up game. His handles does look a lot better then before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom