Sid Wilson Commits to UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My second son was born 9 months after the 99 championship..

^I hope you're not implying you were active before the first championship because that would make you a bad fan.

C

Chief00

Or, Sid didn't really plan on reclassifying. St John's offered bank, so he reclassifies, collects that bank, then decommits to go to his first choice. Enrolls in school and plays in 2018 based on his preferred schedule. Bonus extra year of development under his belt. Sid made the slickest move in history. Ultimate cash grab. Emerging trend?

for the morons yes i'm joking

Interesting Theory - don't know if the whole odyssey was as well thought out as you indicate?

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the rule that applies here? Because he hasn't practiced or played one second for anyone and the academic year just started.
Two issues. If he signed an LOI then it's pretty cut and dry that he will have to sit out a year. And I think he did because SJU issued a press release on him coming to SJU.

If he didn't sign an LOI but he registered for classes at SJU then he'll also need to sit out a year. There is conflicting information on whether he registered for classes at SJU.

I think we should all expect that he won't be eligible until 2018.

Reaction Score
Well the good news is that with our new athletic trainer the skinny kid gets to become a beast by this time next year. Can he practice with the team?

Reaction Score
Well the good news is that with our new athletic trainer the skinny kid gets to become a beast by this time next year. Can he practice with the team?
You should see Larrier now, he looks like Lou Ferrigno.

Reaction Score
Two issues. If he signed an LOI then it's pretty cut and dry that he will have to sit out a year. And I think he did because SJU issued a press release on him coming to SJU.

If he didn't sign an LOI but he registered for classes at SJU then he'll also need to sit out a year. There is conflicting information on whether he registered for classes at SJU.

You can play somewhere else if you are given a full release from your LOI, which SJU has stated they did.

The only issue is the situation with registered student and took classes.

Reaction Score

Don't think signing a NLOI makes you ineligible when MAL signed one to play here and is eligible for Prov this year. Think it will more depend on classes.

Reaction Score
Don't think signing a NLOI makes you ineligible when MAL signed one to play here and is eligible for Prov this year. Think it will more depend on classes.
Good point by both of you. So I guess it's now just a question of whether he did or didn't register for classes at SJU.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He enrolled at St. John's.

A waiver would be a surprise and I have no idea what they would base it on.

Very similar to when Kia Wright enrolled at UConn and then transferred to St. John's - there was never a thought that she would somehow be able to play as a freshman.

Reaction Score
No idea, but it's a bloody weird thing to post if SW wasn't approved.

Based on the timing, it seems like 1 (or 2) of 2 things:

A. Sid Wilson can play the 2017-2018 season

B. UCONN can sue the shiitake mushroom out of USF for cancelling tomorrow's game.

Gentlemen, place your bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69