Shifting in AP top 25: Does Tennessee drop out? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shifting in AP top 25: Does Tennessee drop out?

Reaction Score
NC State is still suspect but they should survive another couple of weeks with Clemson at home and @Ga Tech, @Wake and UNC before a deadly 3 of FSU, ND, Syracuse will expose them.

Dont write off surprising Clemson. They're probably better than the VT team that just took NCS to OT.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Talk about redundant-here's some more "Sky is blue, Pope is Catholic, South Carolina fan upset his team dropped in standings".

This is for discussion and while I find it odd that SC dropped after a "good loss" to MSU, they do have 5 losses and while playing better, who have they beaten to warrant a higher ranking?

To me, ASU still under-ranked, Maryland finally dropping but still over-ranked. They play @tOSU, @Indiana next so we can see how they really are.

Utah is in for a rude awakening as they play "real teams" Cal/Stanford/Oregon/OSU in the next four games.

NC State is still suspect but they should survive another couple of weeks with Clemson at home and @Ga Tech, @Wake and UNC before a deadly 3 of FSU, ND, Syracuse will expose them.

This is all appetizers for tonight's duel surf and turf dishes of Tenn/Ark and SC/Mizzou....can't wait!!! :cool:

I wouldn't be counting on FSU to expose anyone :p

That game at Tech will be troublesome.... the jackets have a couple of freshman who will be wreaking havoc on the ACC for years to come.

Reaction Score
I'm wouldn't be so quick to write off SC's chances of hosting. Right now they have 4 wins over the RPI top 50. Only seven teams have more than that.

The CLA is a hosting site for the men’s tourney this year so the women can’t host.

Reaction Score
Thankfully the SC/Mizzou game is on the same time as TN/AR. I actually want the <shall not be n amed> to win as a 5 game losing streak and beatdown by ND really could lead to their coach's departure.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
they wont be hosting because Columbia is hosting the first rounds of the Men's tournament. Not sure if baby carolina looked at (or is looking) alternate venue's in the state.
Oh that's right, I read an article about that. There's gonna be a lucky 5 or 6 seed out there that gets to host.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thankfully the SC/Mizzou game is on the same time as TN/AR. I actually want the <shall not be n amed> to win as a 5 game losing streak and beatdown by ND really could lead to their coach's departure.
Agreed. This will be the first time in history that I'll be cheering hard for that team.
Come on Holly!

Reaction Score
As an RU fan I am even surprised by #14, but here are the teams they passed:

SC--their drop is ridiculous, considering Syracuse only dropped 1 even though they lost to an unranked team and KY moved up (see below)
KY--somehow they moved up one even though they lose to Ole Miss during this past week.
Mich St--weird week, lost to Ohio St and RU on road, beat MD at home.
Iowa St--2 loss week (Texas, unranked WVU) so deserved to drop
Arizona St-going 1-1 on a road drip through Oregon is a. huge win, and they did rise 3 spots in rankings.

RU will go to Iowa on Wed, so that will be sorted out then.

Didn’t mean Rutgers I actually meant Gonzaga. I think the Scarlet Knights actually are playing very well considering the loss of Scaife! I was impressed with Syracuse earlier in the year but not so much now, especially after the GT loss.

Good luck Wednesday!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The CLA is a hosting site for the men’s tourney this year so the women can’t host.

Goes to show you how time flies...... i remember a discussion we were having a few years ago about this....and discussing alternate venues in the state like Charleston..... someone brought up Florence.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn’t mean Rutgers I actually meant Gonzaga. I think the Scarlet Knights actually are playing very well considering the loss of Scaife! I was impressed with Syracuse earlier in the year but not so much now, especially after the GT loss.

Good luck Wednesday!

Dont sleep on GaTech..... mess around and get stung.

Reaction Score
Goes to show you how time flies. i remember a discussion we were having a few years ago about this....and discussing alternate venues in the state like Charleston..... someone brought up Florence.

It feels like yesterday we were having that discussion lol. So glad we’re getting more hosting venues in the south. Greenville will be hosting the women’s tournament next year as well. I would like to see them move to places like Atlanta, Jacksonville, Charlotte or Nashville in the future.

Reaction Score
Dont sleep on GaTech..... mess around and get stung.

They have promising young talent in Balogun, Dixon and Cubaj. But there’s no way GT should beat a deep and talented Cuse team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It feels like yesterday we were having that discussion lol. So glad we’re getting more hosting venues in the south. Greenville will be hosting the women’s tournament next year as well. I would like to see them move to places like Atlanta, Jacksonville, Charlotte or Nashville in the future.

I think Atlanta is too big for a women's regional. It would get swallowed up there. Those places... Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte.... should be hosting Final 4's. Greenville will be an excellent place for a regional..... not too big of a city... not too small. Great location for an arena...

Reaction Score
someone brought up Florence.

The people of Florence have always appreciated folks with good shots.

1548101491697.png

Reaction Score
Talk about redundant-here's some more "Sky is blue, Pope is Catholic, South Carolina fan upset his team dropped in standings".

This is for discussion and while I find it odd that SC dropped after a "good loss" to MSU, they do have 5 losses and while playing better, who have they beaten to warrant a higher ranking?

To me, ASU still under-ranked, Maryland finally dropping but still over-ranked. They play @tOSU, @Indiana next so we can see how they really are.

Utah is in for a rude awakening as they play "real teams" Cal/Stanford/Oregon/OSU in the next four games.

This is all appetizers for tonight's duel surf and turf dishes of Tenn/Ark and SC/Mizzou....can't wait!!! :cool:
"To me, ASU still under-ranked, Maryland finally dropping but still over-ranked."

I sat courtside at the OSU vs ASU game yesterday. Let me tell you, ASU is menacing. Every player on that roster plays fantastic defense, and, while not an offensive juggernaut, ASU can now count on more than Ibis. Reili Richardson, a sophomore, runs their team with precision, and, can't say enough about Richardson's defense. Fantastic. ASU is the real deal. Remember, ASU was down by only 1 point with 17 seconds at UO Friday night. Watching from courtside, ASU is a physical team, and I left the OSU vs ASU game thinking ASU's confidence is building, and ASU could finish as high as 3rd in the PAC-12.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score

Good luck Wednesday!

Zags dropped a ton, though they did beat RU earlier in year (a quality win no doubt, but RU was far from gel-ing at that point). Also, their win against Stanford is going to continue to hold up well.

Reaction Score
How is SC down to 19??

Glad to see Tennessee out of the top 25. The only reason they were highly ranked at all this year is based off preseason rankings. You can't lose 4 in a row and get crushed by 21 to a 9-8 team and still be ranked.
Well, Arkansas isn't. Word is they were looking forward to having the opportunity of beating a ranked team tonight. :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Dont write off surprising Clemson. They're probably better than the VT team that just took NCS to OT.
I did take a look and Amanda has done a great job with this week giving us a real chance to assess as they have NC St, ND, and Louisville next. Great observation by you!

Plebe

Reaction Score
"To me, ASU still under-ranked, Maryland finally dropping but still over-ranked."

I sat courtside at the OSU vs ASU game yesterday. Let me tell you, ASU is menacing. Every player on that roster plays fantastic defense, and, while not an offensive juggernaut, ASU can now count on more than Ibis. Reili Richardson, a sophomore, runs their team with precision, and, can't say enough about Richardson's defense. Fantastic. ASU is the real deal. Remember, ASU was down by only 1 point with 17 seconds at UO Friday night. Watching from courtside, ASU is a physical team, and I left the OSU vs ASU game thinking ASU's confidence is building, and ASU could finish as high as 3rd in the PAC-12.
One very minor fact check: Richardson is a junior, not a sophomore. But agreed on all your other points.

One might argue they could be the 3rd-best team in the Pac-12, but due to the unbalanced schedule it will be extremely hard for them to finish 3rd. ASU has to play Stanford and both of the Oregon teams twice each. Contrast that to Utah, which only plays each of those three teams once each. Recall as well that Utah led ASU by 6 with 1:30 to play, and it took two 3-pointers by Ibis and the last-second prayer shot by Richardson to escape with a win.

Reaction Score
Here's the change in point totals from last week. Note almost no change in top 9, and that SoCar had a relatively small drop (-28) but it came in a tight part of the chart. TX & Syr had much point drops but were in a soft spot so they only fell by 1.

Gonzaga's loss to BYU was the killer -- they had the 2nd largest point loss (after a certain Orange school).

1548107899028.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How is SC down to 19??

Glad to see Tennessee out of the top 25. The only reason they were highly ranked at all this year is based off preseason rankings. You can't lose 4 in a row and get crushed by 21 to a 9-8 team and still be ranked.
I’m not sure if I should sympathize with you or feel glad for you that this might push Holly closer to the door

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I’m not sure if I should sympathize with you or feel glad for you that this might push Holly closer to the door

Glad at this point. I'd rather sacrifice this year and force the AD to get a new coach than continue being a mediocre and underachieving program for years to come.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom