Shifting in AP top 25: Does Tennessee drop out? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shifting in AP top 25: Does Tennessee drop out?

Reaction Score
Addressing some of the questions raised in the OP:

#21 Utah, #22 Florida State, #24 Texas A&M, and #25 Missouri join the top 25 after being unranked last week.

Tennessee, DePaul, Minnesota, and Indiana all drop out.

Oregon State rises to #9. Maryland drops to #11. Marquette up to #10. Kentucky up 1 to #15. South Carolina down 4 to #19

Is South Carolina not eligible to be unranked?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Someone who has tweeter please ask LaChina Robinson why she does not have FSU ranked? For the record this is the least experienced FSU team in years, and has been playing without a true point guard all season, so I do not know how much longer they will be ranked.
Maybe because they have losses at home to LSU and Clemson?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How is SC down to 19??

Glad to see Tennessee out of the top 25. The only reason they were highly ranked at all this year is based off preseason rankings. You can't lose 4 in a row and get crushed by 21 to a 9-8 team and still be ranked.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Addressing some of the questions raised in the OP:

#21 Utah, #22 Florida State, #24 Texas A&M, and #25 Missouri join the top 25 after being unranked last week.

Tennessee, DePaul, Minnesota, and Indiana all drop out.

Oregon State rises to #9. Maryland drops to #11. Marquette up to #10. Kentucky up 1 to #15. South Carolina down 4 to #19
Lots of oddities here. What I don't get is why SC moves down just for losing on the road to a higher-ranked team in a game that was close until the final minutes.

Reaction Score
Why should SC be unranked? They loss to the #7 team on their homecourt and dropped 4 spots.

I should amend my post, I think they should be ranked, but with 5 losses the 20-25 range seems appropriate, if they get on a winning streak then they will steadily rise.

Reaction Score
AP Pollsters giving Oregon State lots of support after an OSU home court loss. I thought ASU would have risen a few spots higher? At least they are in the top 16.

Plebe

Reaction Score
*only losses
Which have to be weighed against a general dearth of quality wins, except for the neutral-court win over Iowa, a team which itself has very mixed results.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I should amend my post, I think they should be ranked, but with 5 losses the 20-25 range seems appropriate, if they get on a winning streak then they will steadily rise.
But 4 of those 5 losses are to top 10 teams. Can't punish a team for playing a tough schedule (unlike Florida State).

Reaction Score
Which have to be weighed against a general dearth of quality wins, except for the neutral-court win over Iowa, a team which itself has very mixed results.

Very true. With our roster, playing without a point guard I ll take whatever wins we can get this year!

Reaction Score
But 4 of those 5 losses are to top 10 teams. Can't punish a team for playing a tough schedule (unlike Florida State).

Lol, who is comparing FSU and USCe?

Reaction Score
Looking at the ballots, Tennessee received one 15th place vote that makes up most of their total points. Clearly that voter does not actually follow this sport. I really think a straw poll of people on this board would do a better job of ranking teams than the people who are paid to do it.

Reaction Score
At this point the polls are meaningless. I would argue that SC is the best 5 loss team in the country. I would take SC, Iowa, Iowa St, and Arizona St before Syracuse, Texas, Rutgers and Kentucky but what do I know?

SC won’t be hosting so I’m hoping our girls get a good seed in a not so far region(not likely).

Plebe

Reaction Score
At this point the polls are meaningless. I would argue that SC is the best 5 loss team in the country. I would take SC, Iowa, Iowa St, and Arizona St before Syracuse, Texas, Rutgers and Kentucky but what do I know?

SC won’t be hosting so I’m hoping our girls get a good seed in a not so far region(not likely).
I'm wouldn't be so quick to write off SC's chances of hosting. Right now they have 4 wins over the RPI top 50. Only seven teams have more than that.

Reaction Score

Yeah not sure they wont be hosting. But can also see them as the #5 seed in the Greensboro region, so if they win in R2 they end up close to home.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score

As an RU fan I am even surprised by #14, but here are the teams they passed:

SC--their drop is ridiculous, considering Syracuse only dropped 1 even though they lost to an unranked team and KY moved up (see below)
KY--somehow they moved up one even though they lose to Ole Miss during this past week.
Mich St--weird week, lost to Ohio St and RU on road, beat MD at home.
Iowa St--2 loss week (Texas, unranked WVU) so deserved to drop
Arizona St-going 1-1 on a road drip through Oregon is a. huge win, and they did rise 3 spots in rankings.

RU will go to Iowa on Wed, so that will be sorted out then.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm wouldn't be so quick to write off SC's chances of hosting. Right now they have 4 wins over the RPI top 50. Only seven teams have more than that.

they wont be hosting because Columbia is hosting the first rounds of the Men's tournament. Not sure if baby carolina looked at (or is looking) alternate venue's in the state.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Talk about redundant-here's some more "Sky is blue, Pope is Catholic, South Carolina fan upset his team dropped in standings".

This is for discussion and while I find it odd that SC dropped after a "good loss" to MSU, they do have 5 losses and while playing better, who have they beaten to warrant a higher ranking?

To me, ASU still under-ranked, Maryland finally dropping but still over-ranked. They play @tOSU, @Indiana next so we can see how they really are.

Utah is in for a rude awakening as they play "real teams" Cal/Stanford/Oregon/OSU in the next four games.

NC State is still suspect but they should survive another couple of weeks with Clemson at home and @Ga Tech, @Wake and UNC before a deadly 3 of FSU, ND, Syracuse will expose them.

This is all appetizers for tonight's duel surf and turf dishes of Tenn/Ark and SC/Mizzou....can't wait!!! :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom