SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ugh. He's still pump faking as we speak and we're still falling for it ....

I was joking. I have no idea who you are talking about. I can't think of a Pitt NBA guard. As a matter of fact, I believe they have never had one. I know Knight was a good Pitt player, but he never made it in the NBA.

caw

Reaction Score
I was joking. I have no idea who you are talking about. I can't think of a Pitt NBA guard. As a matter of fact, I believe they have never had one. I know Knight was a good Pitt player, but he never made it in the NBA.

He's talking about Rudy Gays backup when Rudy was on the Grizzlies, forgot his name. Was on the same team as Blair.

Reaction Score
Sam Young torched us in 2009 ....

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
At the age of 36. He seriously looked to be in his 30's in college.
ncb_g_young_200.jpg

Reaction Score
Especially surprised since this was not going to be his only major suitor. The kid is on all the lists as being a top 25 kid in his class....Dixon must have wowed him or he did this to reduce the amount of communciations from other coaches.....

Don't think this story is finished with this news.....

Reaction Score
Pitt fan here... Pitts assistant coach "Slice" has a relationship with his dad. They played together in Poland. You never know with kids who commit this early. They did answer that question in an article though.

Heron said they watched film and Pitt live and that he feels he is a great fit in the offense. I believe Pitt sold him on him basically being a point forward like Patterson plays now for Pitt. They told him he could bring the ball up at times, play off the ball, and even post up.

He said he committed early because he really liked the coaches, players, and how he fit in the offense. He also said he did not want to deal with the daily calls etc that go with his recruiting. His dad also said he wanted his son playing for someone he knew because then he knew he would be taken care of.

Reaction Score

Knight torched us worse, many Pitt players torched us, but the fact stands, no Pitt guards did anything in the NBA. Knight didn't even score a point. Young was a 6-7 small forward who isn't even in the NBA anymore.

Reaction Score
Pitt fan here... Pitts assistant coach "Slice" has a relationship with his dad. They played together in Poland. You never know with kids who commit this early. They did answer that question in an article though.

Heron said they watched film and Pitt live and that he feels he is a great fit in the offense. I believe Pitt sold him on him basically being a point forward like Patterson plays now for Pitt. They told him he could bring the ball up at times, play off the ball, and even post up.

He said he committed early because he really liked the coaches, players, and how he fit in the offense. He also said he did not want to deal with the daily calls etc that go with his recruiting. His dad also said he wanted his son playing for someone he knew because then he knew he would be taken care of.

Good for him. It's not always about basketball but more important to be comfortable where you are and with those you trust. Very similar to Daniel Hamilton.

Reaction Score
Heron has been to 3 high schools in one year and a half. He is currently at Sacred Heart HS, in WTBY, CT. , after transfering in middle of school year, from a prep school in Mass. Next year, his junior year, he will transfer to Brewster Academy, in New Hampshire. I doubt very much he will stay committed to Pitt.

Reaction Score
I'll say it again his dad's whacked…..this one ain't over check his transcript for towns/cities lived in, HS's, Preps etc etc……funny stuff!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Knight torched us worse, many Pitt players torched us, but the fact stands, no Pitt guards did anything in the NBA. Knight didn't even score a point. Young was a 6-7 small forward who isn't even in the NBA anymore.

Remember Carl Krauser? Tough sob. Pain in the . Seemed like he played 10 years at Pitt.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Pitt had some great players. Krauser, Knight, Taft, Paige, Troutman, Blair, and Lane did their fair share of damage to uconn. Never really panned out professionally though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He will reopen his commitment by late summer.

Reaction Score
Pitt had some great players. Krauser, Knight, Taft, Paige, Troutman, Blair, and Lane did their fair share of damage to uconn. Never really panned out professionally though.

Man I hate every guy on that list. All were great college players but man Pitt has had some very hateable players. Except for maybe Julius page. He was ok. But Chevy troutman and Carl krouser were insufferable. Easiest to hate ever

Reaction Score
Pitt_Fan_755 said:
Pitt fan here... Pitts assistant coach "Slice" has a relationship with his dad. They played together in Poland. You never know with kids who commit this early. They did answer that question in an article though. Heron said they watched film and Pitt live and that he feels he is a great fit in the offense. I believe Pitt sold him on him basically being a point forward like Patterson plays now for Pitt. They told him he could bring the ball up at times, play off the ball, and even post up. He said he committed early because he really liked the coaches, players, and how he fit in the offense. He also said he did not want to deal with the daily calls etc that go with his recruiting. His dad also said he wanted his son playing for someone he knew because then he knew he would be taken care of.

Assistant coach "slice"......... ..... Seems legit. Is he the study hall coordinator too?

Reaction Score
Man I hate every guy on that list. All were great college players but man Pitt has had some very hateable players. Except for maybe Julius page. He was ok. But Chevy troutman and Carl krouser were insufferable. Easiest to hate ever

What about Clyde Vaughn?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Assistant coach "slice"......... ..... Seems legit. Is he the study hall coordinator too?
Barry Rohrssen is Slice.

He was Pitt's pipeline to NYC for quite a few years, left to become HC at Manhattan ~ 7-8 years ago, didn't pan out there and evidently (did not know this until the Pitt fan's post) is back as a Pitt assistant.

Reaction Score
Barry Rohrssen is Slice.

He was Pitt's pipeline to NYC for quite a few years, left to become HC at Manhattan ~ 7-8 years ago, didn't pan out there and evidently (did not know this until the Pitt fan's post) is back as a Pitt assistant.

Doesn't Barry have a swindling background from what I remember or am I thinking someone else?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doesn't Barry have a swindling background from what I remember or am I thinking someone else?

Ma, you are likely thinking of Slice. He has a bit of a sketchy past and has been accused of a few things. To date he has been smart enough to avoid having anything stick to him.

Reaction Score
Ma, you are likely thinking of Slice. He has a bit of a sketchy past and has been accused of a few things. To date he has been smart enough to avoid having anything stick to him.

So maybe he should be called "Teflon Slice" huh Ffld?

Reaction Score

It's amazing to me that there has not been even the smallest amount of talk between Uconn and Mustapha. Originally committed to Pitt, but looking to decommit and go elsewhere. Ranked 25th overall by ESPN in the class of 2016. He's a big physical guard at 6'5 200lbs and has a college ready body at the age of 17. Uconn has missed instate guys before (Tim Abromaitis-ND, Ryan Gomes- Prov, Kris Dunn- Prov) just to name a few, all turned out to be pretty damn good players. It would surprise me if Uconn made no attempt to keep him at home.

Reaction Score
Live in Waterbury. Betting he never enrolls at Pitt. HOWEVER article in Tuesday's paper said Pitt was his Dream school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom