SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From asking around it seems we have made zero to limited effort with him. It seems like his recruiting and family is very connected to slice and aau/ sneaker company's. I have pieced together that there is a ton of baggage that comes along with signing him

I would also like to add that he is a honor student. Has a program called books for bags where he donates bags and sneakers when the kids read x amount of books. He is always coaching and working with the younger kids. Taking pictures with strangers well after all of his games. He doesnt get in trouble. Spends hours a day workign in the gym by passing things many of his friends get to in order to get better. There is a lot of good baggage that comes along with this kid as well.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Adams looks like a better player to me not sure why you would say that. At least as good although a different type of guard.

Going back Corny, McKay, Donyell, Rip, Caron, Kemba, Ben and a few others I am sure who have his abilities. I want this kid if there's any shot he and Jalen would be wonderful in the backcourt, perfect mix it would seem!
I'm shaking my head here.

Do you want me to list the guys with Heron's level of talent (and better) that have come to UConn?
6'5 shooting guard with a nice handle, tossing up threes from 25 ft with a feathery stroke? That leaves one
and he's a HOFer.

Reaction Score
6'5 shooting guard with a nice handle, tossing up threes from 25 ft with a feathery stroke? That leaves one
and he's a HOFer.

In High School.

Oh my god.

I mean, do i really need to list them?

Reactions: caw

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
In High School.

Oh my god.

I mean, do i really need to list them?

I am talking about UConn kids who came on to campus with a set three point stroke, a clear position(shooting guard), an ability to get the the rim with either hand and has the overall athleticism to be a big time player. This kid seems to have everything needed to play his position at the highest levels.
You can't measure character, work ethic or heart from a video. But he is really impressive as he doesn't even appear to be breaking a sweat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am talking about UConn kids who came on to campus with a set three point stroke, a clear position(shooting guard), an ability to get the the rim with either hand and has the overall athleticism to be a big time player. This kid seems to have everything needed to play his position at the highest levels.
You can't measure character, work ethic or heart from a video. But he is really impressive as he doesn't even appear to be breaking a sweat.

Well, you didn't say this in your post, but still there are players like Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon, Ray Allen, Jerome Dyson, Caron Butler, etc. And, the truth is, we also thought we had kids just like this in Omar Calhoun and Denham Brown. Sometimes these 3 point strokers with multiple ways of scoring and with impressive athleticism don't pan out as we imagined.

Regardless, we've had a bunch of talented kids who can drive and shoot come to UConn.

Reaction Score
Also you mentioned Bynum and Drummond in that first post, suggesting you were only discussing overall talent, not skill sets. Basically, you seemed to be suggesting that Heron would be the 3rd best prospect the school ever had if he committed.

Reaction Score
Down to 6...no UConn.

That's a very weak set of schools for this kid. And, I'm sorry, but 4 of them have a tradition of doling out $$$. I know we're not supposed to say that but Auburn, SMU, Mississippi St., Alabama?

Reaction Score
That's a very weak set of schools for this kid. And, I'm sorry, but 4 of them have a tradition of doling out $$$. I know we're not supposed to say that but Auburn, SMU, Mississippi St., Alabama?

I'm surprised Oregon isn't on his list.

Reaction Score
He is a great player but seriously why does his list suck so much? It looks like a list for a top football recruit, not a top basketball kid.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Go join Newman. I could respect that, trying to get that school on the map.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Go join Newman. I could respect that, trying to get that school on the map.
Malik Newman will be long gone by the time Heron would be there.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Malik Newman will be long gone by the time Heron would be there.
I meant in committing there. They play the same position and Newman is a one and done though, like you alluded. But getting back to back McD AA CGs would be huge for them.

Kegler may end up there too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99