SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, this kid will be an absolute force in the NVL, the NVL always has some talented players but not sure why he would take the step down in competition. Wherever he's playing I think UConn will be al over him.

The pattern here will unfortunately end up being dad wanting his kid with Coach Cal or Billy D, after all he looked around the state to see where he would land him for hoops not for school - hmmmm West Haven to Waterbury? ........funny thing is with Florida, if he played with the AAU team which Jay Murphy expected him to he would maybe have even been steered there but the day he was supposed to show up at Maloney HS to work out with a RI team, he never showed........there are seious question marks flying here! One question mark will NOT be if he ends up at UConn I am sure - will not happen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Crosby at Sacred Heart is Tuesday night for anyone interested in watching a damn good basketball game .

Reaction Score
Is Crosby supposed to be any good this year? Graduated from there, but moved to Indiana and can't keep up with them that much.

Reaction Score
Is Crosby supposed to be any good this year? Graduated from there, but moved to Indiana and can't keep up with them that much.

NVL Champs from last season return their top 2 scorers including NVL leading scorer Tyshon Rogers......preseason number 5 in the state

caw

Reaction Score
His dad's whacked! Moved him from Meriden originally to get "away" to play better basketball or whatever....he's in a great situation in Wilbraham and now that they moved to West Haven he's going to school in Waterbury? Watch the twists and turns to this as time moves on.......

Come now, can't blame his dad for wanting him out of Meriden. Not sure why he moved out of Wilbraham though. Heck didn't Boatright go to 3-4 high schools? Pretty sure Daniel Hamilton has been to 2-3. Lubin has been to 2. I'm not saying his father isn't a headache, but I don't think that the transfers alone will stop UConn from recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Come now, can't blame his dad for wanting him out of Meriden. Not sure why he moved out of Wilbraham though. Heck didn't Boatright go to 3-4 high schools? Pretty sure Daniel Hamilton has been to 2-3. Lubin has been to 2. I'm not saying his father isn't a headache, but I don't think that the transfers alone will stop UConn from recruiting him.

Maybe he didn't like the prep school?

Reaction Score
I read he was originally going to enroll at Sacred Heart before his freshman year but wound up at W&M, don't know why he left.

Reaction Score

Yeah because Waterbury is so sweet lol.........

At Meriden he would have gone to Maloney and played for a very good but very tough coach, not sure he thought that was bets for his kid!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
There is a really good bake shop in Waterbury. Sometimes its the little things that attract us places...

Reaction Score
Say wha? WOW. That's just absolutely crazy.

Thinking of Charles Smith and Harold Pressley now.

BAD DECISION.

Reaction Score
Wow. His recruitment was quiet. Didn't see that one coming.

It'll be interesting to see how it ends up.

Reaction Score
Let's hope this doesn't apply to everyone.
If your referring to Prince Ali, I don't think it's a real early decision. 2015ers are committing on a regular basis right now. 9 of the top 60 recruits in 2015 according to ESPN have already committed.

Reaction Score
Let's hope this doesn't apply to everyone.
Mostly to players who commit while they're underclassmen in highschool. see the recruiting headaches in Indiana and Louisville this year. It would not surprise me if he opened his recruiting up later, most players like to be courted during the summer eval periods

Reaction Score
Mostly to players who commit while they're underclassmen in highschool. see the recruiting headaches in Indiana and Louisville this year. It would not surprise me if he opened his recruiting up later, most players like to be courted during the summer eval periods
Exactly. A lot can change at schools on 3, 4, or 5 years. Leron Black, Quentin Snider, Trey Lyles, and James Blackmon Jr. are four big names that did this in 2014.

Reaction Score
Eh, I'm sure many coaches will start focusing elsewhere, and this kid may become the next great NBA guard/wing to come out of the Pitt program, just like that last great Pitt NBA guard/wing. You know, that kid.

caw

Reaction Score
Pitt is a good program in a good conference and Dixon is a good college coach but I thought Heron was either Florida bound or UNC/UK/KU/etc. if not UConn. Seems like a rash decision for a high school sophomore to commit to his first unoficial visit.

Reaction Score
Eh, I'm sure many coaches will start focusing elsewhere, and this kid may become the next great NBA guard/wing to come out of the Pitt program, just like that last great Pitt NBA guard/wing. You know, that kid.
Ugh. He's still pump faking as we speak and we're still falling for it ....

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Would have liked him for our all name team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom