SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Diallo is the priority whether he reclassifies or not. Our coaches have made that obvious and recent ratings back that up. I would think Diarra's recruitment was partially based on this strategy.
The only question is why they aren't showing Brown more love. Could be they are worried about having too many wings. they saw something that turned them off, they feel they have plenty of time to catch-up, they are stupid or lazy.

Some posters keep bringing up the last 2 options every time they get nervous. But that is silly.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Agreed dont think we end up with Brown, really wanted this kid solely for the entertainment factor... Kids athletic as hell but teams are pushing way harder for him like IU which I am sure is mentioned somewhere in this thread already... I will definitely follow him through college though to see what he becomes..

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he's almost certainly going to Indiana - they've been recruiting him the longest and the hardest.

I'll be curious how he does there....he's had an odd recruiting experience relative to his ranking. Indiana is a top program, but it seems like he didn't really attract the interest that a top-30 kid would ordinarily get. There are no grade or character issues either.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think he's almost certainly going to Indiana - they've been recruiting him the longest and the hardest.

I'll be curious how he does there....he's had an odd recruiting experience relative to his ranking. Indiana is a top program, but it seems like he didn't really attract the interest that a top-30 kid would ordinarily get. There are no grade or character issues either.
It's weird.

It's also worth noting the only real PG on Indiana's roster is Yogi, and he's gone after this season. And they don't appear to be recruiting anybody else.

So Brown & Pitt transfer Josh Newkirk will likely be the primary ball handlers, which is what the kid wants. Maybe Indiana & the U were the only two "big" schools that promised him as much?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Perhaps he just really likes Indiana. Indiana is a good spot for a top recruit to land. Perhaps other schools knew they didn't have a shot, so didn't bother trying.

Reaction Score
Indiana is absolutely a top program but with Crean's seat as hot as it is I wonder if there's a little more reserve than usual with 2016 kids.

Reaction Score
Indiana is absolutely a top program but with Crean's seat as hot as it is I wonder if there's a little more reserve than usual with 2016 kids.

he just got Deron Davis last week

Matrim55

Reaction Score
he just got Deron Davis last week
And he's got a highly ranked 2017 PG commit as well.

Unless he screws this season up entirely, he'll be sticking around at least another 3 or 4 years.

Reaction Score
And he's got a highly ranked 2017 PG commit as well.

Unless he screws this season up entirely, he'll be sticking around at least another 3 or 4 years.

You think so? He gets players but I don't know if his classes are good enough on their own to keep him around if he can't crack the second weekend this year.

Granted a lot of this is probably contingent on who IU feels they can hire as a replacement - the Stevens dream seems unlikely with the way things are trending in Boston.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Indiana has made the Elite Eight ONCE since 1993. To me, that is not a top program. In that same span UConn has made FIVE final fours.
Yet they're still capable of going into our back yard and taking guys like Vonleh.

Clearly their results haven't been great, but they're still one of the 10 best programs out there on the recruiting trail.

You think so? He gets players but I don't know if his classes are good enough on their own to keep him around if he can't crack the second weekend this year.
We'll see. His buyout is gigantic, he's now got 3 really good classes in a row, and he's supposedly in good with the two local 5-stars from Indianapolis (Wilkes & Scruggs) who are in the class of '17.

Plus he's "clean." There's been "kids will be kids" nonsense on-campus, but absolutely no whispers about recruiting malfeasance. That's important given the program's history.

As long as they make the tourney he'll get another year, I think.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Indiana has made the Elite Eight ONCE since 1993. To me, that is not a top program. In that same span UConn has made FIVE final fours.
One title game since 1993, no need to make it sound even worse than it already is.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They have 1 more national championship than us. I'm not arguing they've been poor recently. But ask Troy Williams, de'ron Davis, James Blackmon, yogi Ferrell , etc. why they went to Indiana.

Reaction Score
One title game since 1993, no need to make it sound even worse than it already is.

The point is that outside of 2002, they haven't advanced beyond the Sweet Sixteen in the past 22 seasons. That is simply not a top program.

Historically, they were a top program back in the days of Bobby Knight, but that was a long time ago.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think there has to be a problem with Brown. Everyone (almost) backed off around the same time. I would not be surprised to see something down the road. Selfish player, unrealistic expectations, criminal tendencies...something.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We all know whats in Miami. Lets not pretend to not understand why he went there. Not to mention JL has built a decent program down there.

Reaction Score
We all know whats in Miami. Lets not pretend to not understand why he went there. Not to mention JL has built a decent program down there.

Interestingly enough, I actually go to University of Miami for law school. I have to say, I really doubt that they're engaging in any shady stuff right now, they're still on probation. I could be wrong, but I just don't get that feeling.

Also, basketball doesn't really seem to be much of a priority here. I realize Miami will probably always have that stigma though, and perhaps rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom