SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This staff is so hot and cold with recruiting. We have heard this over and over. Very frustrating (please call he an if you wish)

I have no need to call you an , but your point is stupid. Coaches aren't hot with recruiting every time they sign someone, and they aren't cold every time they miss. That's no less stupid than saying a player is hot every time he makes a shot and cold every time he misses it.

You can judge recruiting once a year, based on who is signed. You can't judge it daily, or weekly, or monthly, because it's an annual process. And you can't judge it based on who turns you down because that is irrelevant. Ultimately, your class is the same whether you offered no one else or everyone else.

Reaction Score
I have no need to call you an , but your point is stupid. Coaches aren't hot with recruiting every time they sign someone, and they aren't cold every time they miss. That's no less stupid than saying a player is hot every time he makes a shot and cold every time he misses it.

I agree with your overall point about how to judge recruiting. But in fairness to 99, I don't think he's talking about being 'hot and cold' with overall success. I think he's talking about being 'hot and cold' in how aggressively we're recruiting specific players. Bonzie Colson and Devin Robinson are examples of cases where - at least publicly - we seemed to be recruiting guys hard, and then for whatever reason, we stopped calling them. I think that's what 99 was getting at.

Personally, I have no idea whether the public perception in those cases is (or ever was) accurate, and there's way too much fog of war in recruiting for me to make any judgment.

Reaction Score
What I've been told on Brown is that the staff is talking with him and waiting to hear from him about whether he will move up to 2015 or stay in 2016. At that point they will decide to either make him a major target (2015) or stay on him as a plan B to some bigger names (2016).

This was posted in February... Exactly how it's going down.

Reaction Score
I agree with your overall point about how to judge recruiting. But in fairness to 99, I don't think he's talking about being 'hot and cold' with overall success. I think he's talking about being 'hot and cold' in how aggressively we're recruiting specific players. Bonzie Colson and Devin Robinson are examples of cases where - at least publicly - we seemed to be recruiting guys hard, and then for whatever reason, we stopped calling them. I think that's what 99 was getting at.

Personally, I have no idea whether the public perception in those cases is (or ever was) accurate, and there's way too much fog of war in recruiting for me to make any judgment.
If I slepted an average of 7 consecutive hours a night I would respond like this post.. I also think I posted this before we got 4 recruits in 12 days:)

We have heard a few times that recruits have said we are in the top few and the phone stopped ringing from our staff. Of course this is what the recruits said and we can not get the staffs point of view

Reaction Score
As long as we get Alterique Gilbert and VJ King/Mario Kegler, I'll be happy. I honestly don't see Bruce Brown being a big time college player.
He dominated the EYBL against some of the best competition in the country...you're entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that your opinion is wrong

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
As long as we get Alterique Gilbert and VJ King/Mario Kegler, I'll be happy. I honestly don't see Bruce Brown being a big time college player.
King/Kegler are both long shots.

Gilbert we should close on.

I don't get our loss of interest in Brown. He's probably going to be a top 25 2016 player. He's tearing good competition up. I don't know our reasoning for stopping the recruitment of Brown, but he has a very bright future.

Reaction Score

I agree with the 1st half. But You are wrong about brown

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah your right. Still a little buzz from last night when I wrote that. It was meant to portray the schizophrenia we sometimes feel for recruits on this board. It was pretty bad.

I've had to make similar posts "the morning after" on the Football board a few times. Not fun but it shows character to do so. Well done my friend.

Reaction Score
Thought this was interesting... Seems like Brown still likes UConn but the staff is moving in a different direction
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 8.04.28 PM.png

Reaction Score
So Bruce Brown is only an impact prospect until we stop we recruiting him, then he's not a big-time college player? Such logic, much headache.

Crazy crazy.I agree. Kid is begging

Reaction Score
Just a guess but I'm thinking the staff feels a lot better about Diallo right now. Brown has been rumored a UConn lean for a long time but never pulled the trigger on commiting. Maybe the staff just moved on. It's not like we're begging elite talent to come here. Kids are commiting left and right.

Reaction Score
Pretty bizarre. Brown would be perfect as a back-up for Purv his freshman yr before stepping in. I don't buy that this is because of Diallo--losing an elite '16 because of an elite '17 seems silly and risky.

Hard to question the coaches at this point man. And I guarantee they know the details regarding Diallo's status/reclassification to 2016 better than the supposed "insiders" here do.

Reaction Score
Hard to question the coaches at this point man. And I guarantee they know the details regarding Diallo's status/reclassification to 2016 better than the supposed "insiders" here do.

I agree 100000%, the supposed "insiders" are on the outside looking in!

Reaction Score

Exactly. Matter of fact I just saw an analyst call him a 2016 guard on Twitter today. Ollie is making Diallo the priority over Brown and I certainly can't blame him. Don't get me wrong, I'd like Brown on the team but if Ollie locks up Diallo, I'd be fine with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom