SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Which if it's true I don't understand. He's a legit top 40 player and is in our backyard. We've always been hellbent on keeping our talent at home, and he is for sure a great talent.

King (SF) is very highly rated. Gilbert and Brown seem similar. I like Gilbert better (though I don't know much.)
I forget what other perimeter players may be in the mix. 2016 looks good for us, but as we know, recruiting can be very frustrating.
I think judging our coaches on recruiting will be decided with 2016 and Gibbs.

Reaction Score
King (SF) is very highly rated. Gilbert and Brown seem similar. I like Gilbert better (though I don't know much.)
I forget what other perimeter players may be in the mix. 2016 looks good for us, but as we know, recruiting can be very frustrating.
I think judging our coaches on recruiting will be decided with 2016 and Gibbs.
Gilbert and Brown aren't at all similar. Gilbert is a pure point and a great outside shooter, Brown is an athletic shooting guard with a suspect jump shot.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Gilbert and Brown aren't at all similar. Gilbert is a pure point and a great outside shooter, Brown is an athletic shooting guard with a suspect jump shot.

I meant their rating (50s)
I think Gilbert is just what we need.

Reaction Score
A UConn fan/lean/offer acknowledging that UConn was not among the schools recruiting him hard.
Someone posted that someone in his camp said UConn wasn't recruiting him as hard as he would have liked in the spring(before KO was literally at everyone of his games over the summer), that isn't the same as Brown telling a recruiting guy what schools are recruiting him the hardest.

Reaction Score
A UConn fan/lean/offer acknowledging that UConn was not among the schools recruiting him hard.
If I had to guess we aren't prioritizing him right now since he's staying in '16, you never know with recruiting though. Anyways I think we will get our share of players in '16.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Don't spread too thin but make sure you are pursuing every recruit the hardest. Kind of a double message.
I would think they pursued Brown hard for 2015 and he is is less of a priority for 2016. At least for now.
This

Reaction Score
From 247:

There had been talk during the high school season that Brown would reclassify to 2015 and join his relative Jalen Adams at Connecticut. That option is no longer on the table. Brown told 247Sports that he is staying 2016 and that he hasn't been hearing from UConn lately.

Reaction Score
So the staff wanted Brown if he would play from 2015-19, but not 2016-20.

That's...bizarre.

Reaction Score
What's the downside to staying in touch? Seems like we would be a favorite if bigger fish don't pan out. If u miss on those fish, u could end up with Trice types! Kind of suspected ship sailed when he didn't reclassify.

Especially with the way the staff closes on wings ;)

Reaction Score
So the staff wanted Brown if he would play from 2015-19, but not 2016-20.

That's...bizarre.
Bigger fish to fry in this class, he was better than anyone left last year after they whiffed on so many wings.

Reaction Score
He just picked up an offer from SMU. Hopefully Larry Brown can land him if we don't

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I hope this means we're all-in on Heron, and that the staff feels they have a really good shot.

Reaction Score
Bigger fish to fry in this class, he was better than anyone left last year after they whiffed on so many wings.
I understand prioritizing the bigger targets for 2016. But if you think Brown is good enough to play for your program, wouldn't you at least try to keep tabs on him just in case (like you said) Plan A, B, and C don't work out?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I understand prioritizing the bigger targets for 2016. But if you think Brown is good enough to play for your program, wouldn't you at least try to keep tabs on him just in case (like you said) Plan A, B, and C don't work out?
If you read the posts in this thread it's obvious that the staff has taken the advice of the Boneyarders and decided not to spread themselves too thin.

Reaction Score

You must have missed my post above the one you linked. I agree with you. I said this...

"What's the downside to staying in touch? Seems like we would be a favorite if bigger fish don't pan out. If u miss on those fish, u could end up with Trice types! (Had Kind of suspected ship sailed when he didn't reclassify.)

Especially with the way the staff closes on wings ;)"

Reaction Score
This staff is so hot and cold with recruiting. We have heard this over and over. Very frustrating (please call he an if you wish)

Reaction Score
Not to many players playing better than Brown this summer. Check his EYBL numbers he is playing at an Elite level. Top scorer this summer.

Id like to know what bigger fish we are going after? seems to me that the formula on the yard is praise the player when we're close then downplay their abilities when things seem like they won't work out.

Reaction Score
Not to many players playing better than Brown this summer. Check his EYBL numbers he is playing at an Elite level. Top scorer this summer.

Id like to know what bigger fish we are going after? seems to me that the formula on the yard is praise the player when we're close then downplay their abilities when things seem like they won't work out.
Agree with u & 99. While we all love KO, seems like we need a strong recruiter to do some of the heavy lifting that seems to all be on KO. When's the last time we read an update that a recruit talked up their relationship w Ricky or Miller??? It used to happen regularly with Tom Moore and even with LaFleur a bunch, although I thought he didn't seem to have same spunk near the end.

The hot and Cold 99 mentioned really seems like an accurate depiction of how they are. That's how u could end up scrambling and have to take a Jamaal Trice. If ur big fish pick Kentucky & Louisville and then a guy like Brown who u were at worst top 3 (more likely a favorite or co-favorite), is gone by then and u could be sunk!

Reaction Score
It seems like we offer 90% of the top 200 . Just seem like the staff spreads them selves to thin

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think they spread themselves too thin - they may throw a lot of offers out, but they don't actively pursue most of them.

On Brown, it takes nothing to keep in contact with a kid.

Either they're not interested, they're confident in another player, or they're just not working very hard.

We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69