Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can we have the wisdom we have as "Older" folks and go back to our twenties?
That would be sweet....
Ahh, that eternal wish, “If I only knew then what I know now......”

Reaction Score
It may not ha e been pretty. It wasn't dominating, but these kids faced some real adversity and came through for the win. I am well pleased and I think it bodes well for a successful season and a good run in the NCAA tournament. Odds are they won't be undefeated heading into March but so what?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think Coach Dailey told Geno it was time to release the Kraken on Seton Hall. He said "you're right...we don't have a Kraken right now but I'm going to unleash a very young "Griffin" on them." Wiki states "by the Middle Ages the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature." She was all of that last night and more.

Geno to Aubrey as he subbed her into the game last night for the first time: "Don't worry about the plays, just go out there and play. Do what you do. And don't look over here at me if you make a mistake or two, just play." :D

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Ah, Forbes Field, with the batting cage in center field......

Forbes Field (Pittsburgh) where fly balls hit to center field went to die. 457' to dead center.

1575653999573.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey — sometimes those middle-school escapees can be good! Like really, really good!!!

View attachment 48912
As I said to my wife last night...Moriah always looked young. But not THAT young.

Hey, the SH guard was tough, good and smart. All the power to her, as she could be a force in the BE. I love small guards in both the mens and women's game who are quick and create havoc.

I remember the first time they combined the men and women for a scrimmage on First Night in Storrs; Brianna was a freshman. Obviously the men had a different level of physicality and athletic ability. But Moriah with her speed turned a couple of men into pretzels. It was fun to watch.

Reaction Score
As I said to my wife last night...Moriah always looked young. But not THAT young.

Hey, the SH guard was tough, good and smart. All the power to her, as she could be a force in the BE. I love small guards in both the mens and women's game who are quick and create havoc.

I remember the first time they combined the men and women for a scrimmage on First Night in Storrs; Brianna was a freshman. Obviously the men had a different level of physicality and athletic ability. But Moriah with her speed turned a couple of men into pretzels. It was fun to watch.
Seriously - she looks about 10. What a cutie...

1575656967229.png

Reaction Score
No way in hell she's 18.

I am sure this player is 17 or 18 -- and to me it is entirely irrelevant anyway. But it got me thinking: Is there an age restriction on D1 College athletics? If a 14-year genius gets into college on merit because of his/her mathematics skills, could they perform on an athletic team?

Could a 14-year-old golf prodigy play at the collegiate level if they academically qualified?

Reaction Score
I am sure this player is 17 or 18 -- and to me it is entirely irrelevant anyway. But it got me thinking: Is there an age restriction on D1 College athletics? If a 14-year genius gets into college on merit because of his/her mathematics skills, could they perform on an athletic team?

Could a 14-year-old golf prodigy play at the collegiate level if they academically qualified?
You wouldn't have to worry about her leaving early to go to the WNBA

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
In response to @my2cents questions: As a wise man once said, "Good and bad, I defined these terms quite clear, no doubt ,somehow. Ah ,but I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now. "
You can't go back, so be glad of all you've learned. Oh, and take Geritol or something for the rheumatiz! ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

There is no minimum age for college athletes. The only restriction is that a D1 athlete has to enroll within one year of graduating from HS, and then has 5 years to complete their eligibility, unless they receive a waiver due to injury. So, in effect, there is a maximum age for college athletes at the D1 level.

Reaction Score
There is no minimum age for college athletes. The only restriction is that a D1 athlete has to enroll within one year of graduating from HS, and then has 5 years to complete their eligibility, unless they receive a waiver due to injury. So, in effect, there is a maximum age for college athletes at the D1 level.

Thanks Oldude.

Bama fan

Reaction Score

I am sure there are no age limitations for NCAA sports, but there is a five year eligibility maximum. Of course there are medical hardship exceptions, but age is not a factor. Golf has a diiferent set of rules as to how long after high school one must enroll though.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Did you know that military veterans are still eligible to play college sports after they transition out of the military? The NCAA says that your eligibility to play is put on hold while you are serving your country, this means that when your service is over you can still play all 4 years at college. The NCAA also is not the only college sports organization with this rule, many other such as NJCAA, JUCO, and NAIA all allow veterans to play.

Coaches are also very eager to recruit athletes out of the military. These military athletes have life experience and leadership qualities that are unheard of in an average 18 year old freshmen. Not to mention, during 4 or 6 years in the military you have had more time to condition and get into much better shape than you were in when you enlisted. The fact that these athletes do not usually require financial aid because of the Post 9/11 GI Bill makes them even better recruits. However, coaches are often unsure of where to find these athletes to recruit them and people transitioning out of the military don't know how to put themselves in front of these coaches to get the process started.

[Remainder of article]

Looking for challenges, military members find home in college football as walk ons

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Chris Weinke was 28 when he won the Heisman, but he played baseball before college. Not sure how that works though. :confused:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Did you know that military veterans are still eligible to play college sports after they transition out of the military? The NCAA says that your eligibility to play is put on hold while you are serving your country, this means that when your service is over you can still play all 4 years at college. The NCAA also is not the only college sports organization with this rule, many other such as NJCAA, JUCO, and NAIA all allow veterans to play.

Coaches are also very eager to recruit athletes out of the military. These military athletes have life experience and leadership qualities that are unheard of in an average 18 year old freshmen. Not to mention, during 4 or 6 years in the military you have had more time to condition and get into much better shape than you were in when you enlisted. The fact that these athletes do not usually require financial aid because of the Post 9/11 GI Bill makes them even better recruits. However, coaches are often unsure of where to find these athletes to recruit them and people transitioning out of the military don't know how to put themselves in front of these coaches to get the process started.

[Remainder of article]
Yes, I did know that. Through the years there have been several examples where vets coming off active duty ended up on college teams. Most of those examples involved college football.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Chris Weinke was 28 when he won the Heisman, but he played baseball before college. Not sure how that works though. :confused:
Yes, I remember. Weinke was the oldest player to ever win the Heisman Trophy. I don’t know exactly how he was eligible. Perhaps the rules were changed afterwards. I do know there are some exceptions carved out. For instance, Mormans who go on missions receive exceptions, which is one of the reasons you see a lot of athletes in their mid-20’s at Brigham Young.

Reaction Score

[Remainder of article]

Looking for challenges, military members find home in college football as walk ons

Back in the Dom Perno 80s, mbb had a military veteran. He was nicknamed "Sargeant Eddie," or something like that. He was 25-26 or so. Was a role player and fan favorite.

Reaction Score
CW is one of the best on the team at creating her own shot. Also, some of you need to lay off Kyla. She, like every other player, contributed tonight. Some on here think every player every game should be living up to the standards they have placed on them. They look for any little negative thing they can find to say about a player's performance. CW is going to be a star.

yes kyla should take a few shots from the key there to keep the defense honest but possession after possession for her take that entry pass and look for cutting teammates and make an accurate and often times difficult pass is not easy. That’s got to be a stressful role that the player has zero experience performing. She’s used to 90 seconds of play at the end of blowout victories. Give her a break.

Reaction Score
Back in the Dom Perno 80s, mbb had a military veteran. He was nicknamed "Sargeant Eddie," or something like that. He was 25-26 or so. Was a role player and fan favorite.
Thought his name was earl Williams?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom