September UConn recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

September UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I scanned the Fiba stats for Clara Sofia Vieitas Ferreira DaSilva. Clara is 198 cm 6'6".
During August 2022 at U16 Fiba Clara's stats incluce : 7 games, 28.6 mpg, 10.6 ppg,
10 rbg, 2.1 apg, 1.6 blocked shots pg, efficiency 16.3, no 3 point attempts, fg % is the same as her 2 point shot percentage 36.7 Free throw % 84.2%. I wonder if Ines gave Morgan V a heads
up on this young lady? Clara played in the FIBA U16 tournament in both 2021 and 2022. Clara made
great strides in all statics : pts, rebounds, assists, and efficiency. Some of the photos
of Clara on the FIBA/ Portugal web page have Poland, Lativa, Belgium opponents grabbing
at her and being ( rather ) physical with her. I believe it will be interesting to see how this lady
grows into her maturing game. "You can't teach 'heigh ' " , and she has that.
Go Portugal, Go Ines, Go Clara!
Plays for Unicaja Malaga, which is a traditionally strong team on the men's side, in Spain's third division, averaging 4.6ppg and 5.1rpg in 19.5mpg last season:

Reaction Score
Jana Elalfy: is this just normal Boneyard silliness or is it too beyond the pale?

She wants to graduate early from high school? We hear about a verbal soon and then
she enters UConn for the second semester,,,starts right after the MLK weekend [I believe]. Come to campus a couple of weeks before second semester classes start...as soon as she graduates.
She joins the team and gets a running head start on the 2023-2024 season with nutrition program/weights
program and practicing with high intensity with and against the 2022-2023 roster. Come game one in November of 2024 she is ready to contribute in a big way... immediately.

Out of extreme left field: As she practices this season it becomes at least possible that Geno and Jana see that she could help this team. Her skills/effort demonstrate this to both. They both realize that playing in the second half this year would blow one year of eligibility...leaving her with 3 years after this season is over. We play a lot of conference team the second semester....there should be amply opportuntiy for her to get on the court and get adjusted to actual games...her to to her teammates....them to her. By tourney time she is realistically able to help this team go far...very far.
I’m picking up what you’re laying down! I’m liking what you’re saying! I’m grooving to your beat! I can dig it! From your lips to God’s ears! I approve! Make it so, Number one! Let it be! D’ya follow? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Plays for Unicaja Malaga, which is a traditionally strong team on the men's side, in Spain's third division, averaging 4.6ppg and 5.1rpg in 19.5mpg last season:
Still, not bad for a young lady born on May 31, 2006. I did not look up her " club"
stats... so I thank you for the Spanish League information. I was quoting the FIBA
stats from her TEAM PORTUGAL participaton, ie. U 16 Women's European Championships
for the year 2021 and this year. Clearly different leagues, different teammates and competitions,
and.. different stats. In the same vein... I never looked up the various stats for Juste Jocyte between her
play in France ( club competition ) and her stats for the LIthuania Women's National team.
The FIBA National Team stats come broken down with the various age brackets... before the "senior team" level = the Olympic team rosters). I suspect that if we looked the information for various
players and leagues we would find something similiar to what you and I discovered??? The more information the better!
Thanks, Z

Reaction Score
Not the point but Fran "out of Canada" ? News to me....Was born in Kansas then moved to Colorado where she played at Regis Jesuit.

Fournier's instagram only follows seven basketball teams. Arizona, UConn, Stanford, UCLA, Duke, Lafayette, and Maryland. So, that may be a starting point for where Fournier is interested in going.
If Toby is a target for UConn, I’m hoping we get a little help from Kia and Aaliyah.

Reaction Score
She’s better than Morgan?

Looking like

In that video her low post moves reminded me of Tuck and how she was so skilled at establishing position that made her defender helpless. Strong made it look easy and she's taller and bigger and stronger. 2.0 Released 12 years after the original.

Reaction Score

Athena Tomlinson (5’5 PG, #50 2024) reports interest from UConn, not sure if this is new?

Reaction Score
Still, not bad for a young lady born on May 31, 2006. I did not look up her " club"
stats... so I thank you for the Spanish League information. I was quoting the FIBA
stats from her TEAM PORTUGAL participaton, ie. U 16 Women's European Championships
for the year 2021 and this year. Clearly different leagues, different teammates and competitions,
and.. different stats. In the same vein... I never looked up the various stats for Juste Jocyte between her
play in France ( club competition ) and her stats for the LIthuania Women's National team.
The FIBA National Team stats come broken down with the various age brackets... before the "senior team" level = the Olympic team rosters). I suspect that if we looked the information for various
players and leagues we would find something similiar to what you and I discovered??? The more information the better!
Thanks, Z

The French league keeps pretty detailed stats on players including games played outside of the competition:

She only averaged 11 minutes per game in league play, but they were the losing finalists in what could this season be the second strongest professional league in the world behind the WNBA.

She got injured early in the only senior national team game she played in so I guess we have to wait until November for more.

UConn is becoming the USF of the Northeast........... ;)

Maybe, but I want to know when South Florida became the USF of Central Florida. ;)

Reaction Score
Maybe, but I want to know when South Florida became the USF of Central Florida. ;)
November 14th 2000 when Jose Fernandez became head coach.......

"Fernandez has been masterful with international recruiting, bringing aboard players from 18 different countries. He has also sprinkled in players from different regions of the United States, including a sampling of junior-college All-Americans, giving USF women’s basketball a formidable recruiting presence in every potential circle."

Reaction Score
November 14th 2000 when Jose Fernandez became head coach.......

"Fernandez has been masterful with international recruiting, bringing aboard players from 18 different countries. He has also sprinkled in players from different regions of the United States, including a sampling of junior-college All-Americans, giving USF women’s basketball a formidable recruiting presence in every potential circle."

That's also why USF is largely ignored by the media who, for the most part are very regionally oriented.

"No players from my state? Sorry, no interest."

Reaction Score
I'm curious, how much interest does any Florida women's basketball program get from the media? I would guess not much.

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong has been getting the full court press from Auriemma and the staff as there are not many highly regarded "bigs"in the next few classes. All the more reason, of the importance of signing the young lady from Egypt.
How do you know there is a “full court press”. I mean I hope so.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm curious, how much interest does any Florida women's basketball program get from the media? I would guess not much.
It’s covered pretty well in the local media

Reaction Score
How do I know there is a full court press for Strong? Auriemma has been to either an AAU or Allstar game of hers and I think I saw that another coach watched her in person also.

Reaction Score
How do I know there is a full court press for Strong? Auriemma has been to either an AAU or Allstar game of hers and I think I saw that another coach watched her in person also.
I am a Sarah Strong fan. Come to Storrs, Sarah. I hear your Mom works
in Boston! Z Bring Jana along with you!!

Reaction Score
This wouldn't be considered a full court press. Auriemma and the majority of all D1 coaches do that to see all their recruits during all contact periods, especially in the summer. Just standard, everyday recruiting. But yes, Strong is a priority recruit for many schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom