Seedings UConn Bridgeport or Spokane? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seedings UConn Bridgeport or Spokane?

Reaction Score
UConn has no chance at a 1 seed. Literally none.

The 2 seed is a remote possibility, but only if they beat Tennessee.

We need to quit obsessing over the seeding. Arizona last year was a 3 seed whom absolutely no one considered a NC contender, and they were one heave away from winning it all. Just get hot at the right time.
Yep. And with a healthy Paige and Azzi I like our chances.

Reaction Score
If UCONN is placed somewhere other than Bridgeport, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter. This is not an issue. The powers to be will make sure this happens.

For me, the Tennessee game is pretty close to a pick-em. The UCONN players are good enough to beat them. It all depends on their performance.

sun

Reaction Score

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn won the championship as a #2 seed in 2004 but I wouldn’t read to much into the seeding. UConn has lost plenty of times as a #1 seed

Reaction Score
We all know that on any given day any team can beat another. Who would of thought that Auburn would beat Tennessee but they did. Looking ahead in my opinion UConn has the easiest schedule with upcoming game to the end of February. That be against Tennessee at home on 2-6. If they win that game and go undefeated the rest of the way in conference play we should move up to a #2 seed.

If we win out, I think our best bet is a 3 seed, we just don't have the schedule to get a 2 seed. Even if the teams above us beat each other up, that doesn't change anything. Now, IF any of them suffer multiple really bad losses (a la TN), that could change things.

Reaction Score
The last 3 ranked teams UConn has faced have been losses — 2 of them not close. But folks are talking about us crushing Tenn.
I guess the CBD stores are doing a booming business.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If UCONN is placed somewhere other than Bridgeport, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter.

Second Place 2021 Empire Games, Female Senior Royalty Division.

qe_vaulter.jpg

Reaction Score
I misinterpreted what I read earlier. It was that 4 times from the east coast apparently are rated higher than us and would therefore be seeded into Bridgeport. Louisville, South Carolina, Tennessee and NC State. I thought they were all SEC teams but they are not. I just became a sports fan last year after many years away from it. I didn't watch sports at all for 10-15 years. Busy doing other things.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think we have no chance at a 1 seed unless something highly improbable happens--like a top-5 team going on a 3-game losing streak. Getting a 1 seed, at a minimum, requires us running the table. That's possible. The Tennessee game, of course, is key.

Getting a 2 seed is very possible. It requires us either running the table or having only 1 loss, a close one to Tennessee. We need to take care of what we can control. Several of the teams seeded 5-10 have multiple tough games. Texas just lost to Oklahoma. They could also lose to Baylor. Indiana and Michigan can lose to Iowa and/or Maryland.

In terms of location, I believe the NCAA would move us out of Bridgeport. Most of the tickets are already sold. The stronger our resume, the more likely the NCAA keeps us in Bridgeport, I believe. Teams with the best record get the best treatment. We need to run the table, pass the eye test, and have a healthy Paige back. Or at least 2 of those 3.

Keep in mind that two #3 seeds have won the championship. Tennessee as a #3 seed had a 23-10 record going into the 1997 tourney and got their injured PG back just in time to run the table. I can see a similar scenario with UConn if Paige is back.

For me, the biggest key is avoid being a 5 seed. That would knock us out of Storrs and give us a top-16 team on the road in round 2. Winning the DePaul game was critical in that regard. If we had lost that game, lose to Tennessee, and lose one other, a 5 seed was very realistic. The key is to win out--control what we can control.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we can beat Tenn without Paige if we just take care of the basketball. The unforced errors have to be an area of emphasis with Geno and his staff right now. At some point I believe the players are going to respond and start getting a handle on it.

Yes the Tenn game of is of incredible importance now, as a win could get us back in Bridgeport as a number 4 seed. It is a home game after all, and with the Huskies having recently decided to "keep going", I really like their chances of emerging from hell a week from tomorrow in Hartford. ;)
I have a hard time believing we would be a four seed if we win out!

Reaction Score
UConn has not beaten any of the teams in the top 16 reveal. Even if you beat Tennessee, your resume is not strong enough to get a #1. The only realistic shot you had at a #1 was if the SC game wasn't cancelled, and you beat them plus Tennessee. Even then, that would still have been very much a longshot.

Not sure the seeding committee will reward a team that runs the table against a comparatively weaker slate while the other contenders are beating each other up. If you beat Tennessee, I think you'll be a solid #3. I don't see any way you get bumped up to a #2, especially with the B12 and B10 races the way they are. If a team like Maryland or Baylor wins their conference championships, they will likely get the nod over UConn winning out in the BE. My 2 cents.
I have to agree? A 1 is simply unattainable, a 2 extremely unlikely, while a four is too low if we win out. I’m thinking we’ll be a three for sure. Where? I guess we’ll see whether the money trumps the potential criticism of putting them in Bridgeport. I suppose if we absolutely stomped Tennessee and won out and a few cards fell just right, we could conceivably get a 2.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I misinterpreted what I read earlier. It was that 4 times from the east coast apparently are rated higher than us and would therefore be seeded into Bridgeport. Louisville, South Carolina, Tennessee and NC State. I thought they were all SEC teams but they are not. I just became a sports fan last year after many years away from it. I didn't watch sports at all for 10-15 years. Busy doing other things.
No need to explain. After all the conferences realigned, and with teams still moving among them, I have to look up conferences to see which is which these days.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I don’t really see UConn beating TN. Sure, it’s possible, but not likely. So, with that loss they will be a #3. Still a tough schedule ahead also. Creighton, DePaul and Marquette, as we have seen, are not easy outs for this team. Who knows what can happen. Ask Auburn.

Even with a win against TN, a number 2 may not be a lock. I really think they will be a number 3 and NOT in Bridgeport.
I think we will beat Tennessee! However, even if we do, I think a two is probably not in the cards. I’ll be happy with a three, hopefully in Bridgeport. If you know who is back by selection time, there’s going to be a lot of uncomfortable squirming in that room.:rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Any chance of another snowstorm next Sunday? UConn-Tennessee snow games are always epic.

I still have fond memories of @Nuzzi @Dove, Wonkster (RIP), and me careening up I-91 waaaay too fast over the snow covered road. The governor had closed all of the roads but the Civic Center was still standing room only. Good times.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Any chance of another snowstorm next Sunday? UConn-Tennessee snow games are always epic.

I still have fond memories of @Nuzzi @Dove, Wonkster (RIP), and me careening up I-91 waaaay too fast over the snow covered road. The governor had closed all of the roads but the Civic Center was still standing room only. Good times.
Snow predicted for Friday......none on Sunday(so far)

Reaction Score
If players had been healthy, UConn a #1. But all have not been healthy, so they will not be a #1. They will probably be a 2, maybe a 3 in Bridgeport, but who really cares. The ranking won’t matter when they get to the divisional championship game.

Reaction Score
I liked sports but just didn't want to take my time watching or following them. I'm in a different situation now. We all prioritize our lives as needed or desired. It's just a game. It really is just a game. It means next to nothing. If you want to externalize your self esteem be a sports fan and feel like you are accomplishing something. I know it's shallow but I enjoy it and it makes me feel better. I need any kind of joy in my life right now.

Reaction Score
When I read this... I see a lot of "if this" and "If that" and "I believe"... I prefer to deal with facts not opinions.... In addition to that many of you forget to add in the next month of the season. The fact that a number of teams ahead of UCONN will most likely lose one or two games because they have to play one another. The fact is UCONN is getting back to being UCONN with healthy players and some new players stepping up who will be much better in March. Someone earlier said something about 4 SEC teams, but forgot that only 1 could win the Conference tournament title. In the last two days the teams ranked 8 and 9, both ahead of UCONN lost. Could that bump UCONN to an 8? Tennessee lost earlier in the week as well and they lost one of their players for the season... could that have an impact. Tomorrow Indiana and Michigan, teams 6 and 7 go head to head... someone has to lose.

Reaction Score
Is this a real question. The NCAA does not seed it according to the S curve as much as people think they should. They take into consideration geography. They know if they put UCONN outside of Bridgeport it will be a huge money loser for the NCAA. They will look at it and make sure UCONN is in Bridgeport, and Oregon will be in Spokane.

And both teams are eligible for "key players missing but back" dispensation from the selection committee. Oregon ,who looked unranked prior to the return of Sabally, Pao Pao and Rogers has won 6 in a row. The three mentioned combined for 50 pts today.
Oregon is now AP's 19th in the country. I pity the 1 seed that gets Oregon as their S16 game.

Reaction Score
I just don't see UConn advancing very far without Paige Bueckers and it doesn't seem that Paige's father really wants her to return this season (who could blame him). I'm sure UConn, her parents, and her agent will all sit down with her and make the best decision for her health and financial future.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It IS pretty obvious, as many people have stated: UCONN is going nowhere unless Paige gets back......and, that moment of return should be what is best for her in the long run.

Reaction Score
The last 3 ranked teams UConn has faced have been losses — 2 of them not close. But folks are talking about us crushing Tenn.
I guess the CBD stores are doing a booming business.
When UCONN played Louisville, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech... they were dealing with injuries, illnesses, and short benches. Now a loss is a loss and will not try to say anything otherwise. That said... they are a different team with CW, , and hopefully PB. It has nothing to do with any drugs, but in faith in our players and a healthy team. Also didn;t Tennessee lose one of their key players?

Reaction Score
You guys remember the last time UCONN was not a #1 seed in Bridgeport... ( I do not think it was Albany, but maybe Albany)... and Louisville was the #1 and we were the #2.... remember what happened? I am sure Jeff Waltz remembers. So it does not matter what the number is....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom