Seedings UConn Bridgeport or Spokane? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Seedings UConn Bridgeport or Spokane?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Spokane is a nice place in late March. Pack the bags UConn!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I have a feeling UConn will be a 2 and maybe a 1 seed in Bridgeport. UConn should run the table right through the BE tourney. Alot depends on the teams ranked above them. One thing is for sure. When Paige gets back UConn will be a very strong team and nobody will want to face a healthy UConn team.
I understand you and Uconn don't want another season down the drain. I would prefer an accurate assessment by Geno of the probability of Uconn getting past the elite 8 with and without a fully functional Paige--AND then an assessment of how fully functional Paige will be when she returns.
I would be willing to forgo post season this year for an NC next year if that's what it takes to have a fully well, fully healthy, Paige, Azzi, Dorka, Muhl, Caroline, Edwards etc. Get fully recovered. There will always be another title to seek. The freshmen/sophs have never run this hard and this long. Maybe some non running physical training during the off time will do them well.

Reaction Score
UConn has no chance at a 1 seed. Literally none.

The 2 seed is a remote possibility, but only if they beat Tennessee.

We need to quit obsessing over the seeding. Arizona last year was a 3 seed whom absolutely no one considered a NC contender, and they were one heave away from winning it all. Just get hot at the right time.
Reality is seeping into this conversation. Even with a win against Tenn does that guarantee 1 seed in Bridgeport? Which wins for Uconn put them in contention for the Elite 8? Questions, not arguments.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Spokane is a nice place in late March. Pack the bags UConn!! :rolleyes:
1643670721714.jpeg
Bad air quality!

Reaction Score
I guess maybe I just don’t understand what factors take priority. I didn’t think geography was as high as rank
The NCAA is all about MONEY. Bodies in seats.

Reaction Score
I’m not buying the argument that UCONN is not in the top 8 by the end of the year. There is a big drop off in talent and execution outside the top 2/3 teams. Just watched the 1st half of Michigan/Indiana game- two of these “good” teams. They are very flawed groups- both of whom must be missing the starting point guards. Michigan had something like 22 TOs and 4 assists. Yuck.

Reaction Score
I’m not buying the argument that UCONN is not in the top 8 by the end of the year. There is a big drop off in talent and execution outside the top 2/3 teams. Just watched the 1st half of Michigan/Indiana game- two of these “good” teams. They are very flawed groups- both of whom must be missing the starting epoint guards. Michigan had something like 22 TOs and 4 assists. Yuck.
Well, they’re going to have to beat Tennessee.
They don’t do that, their stock plummets.
After that Oregon debacle, they need a win over a QUALITY opponent.
Sweeping BE and winning BE Tourney ain’t gonna give them the “lift” they need
( for ranking, and more importantly, seeding).
Lose to Tennessee- stick a fork in any post season aspirations.

Reaction Score
It would be nice if we were on the East coast at least. It’s tough dealing with the time change for sports teams, even with evening start times.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I’m not buying the argument that UCONN is not in the top 8 by the end of the year. There is a big drop off in talent and execution outside the top 2/3 teams. Just watched the 1st half of Michigan/Indiana game- two of these “good” teams. They are very flawed groups- both of whom must be missing the starting point guards. Michigan had something like 22 TOs and 4 assists. Yuck.
Nether missing guards

Reaction Score
UConn as a 3 seed - probable.

UConn as a 2 seed - improbable but possible.

In my opinion UConn must beat Tennessee to have a shot at a two seed. By beating them, you increase your power and decrease theirs. This game is critical!

There are 5 teams that are almost locks to be in the top 8: SCar, Stanford, NC State, Louisville and Michigan.

That leaves 3 spots: you would, by beating Tennessee, make yourself a contender for one of those three slots. Assume SCar beats Tennessee in regular season and Tennessee loses a game in the SEC tourney. You would have equal records, head-to-head and they would have the worst loss (Auburn)

That still leaves a slew of contenders for the 3 open slots and one of them will more than likely be the top team from the Big 12-whoever that may be. Down to two slots. So it means you have to hope the cards fall right to surpass four out of Arizona, Oregon, Notre Dame, Indiana, and the Number 2 Big 12 team.

Beat Tennessee! Win out. Lose a game and you are out of the two seed contention.

Just my opinion based on how things stand now.

Reaction Score
And don’t forget the major heat down by Oregon.
Slim chance for #2 now.
Don’t win out, virtually zilch.

Reaction Score

In my opinion UConn must beat Tennessee to have a shot at a two seed. By beating them, you increase your power and decrease theirs. This game is critical!

There are 5 teams that are almost locks to be in the top 8: SCar, Stanford, NC State, Louisville and Michigan.

That leaves 3 spots: you would, by beating Tennessee, make yourself a contender for one of those three slots. Assume SCar beats Tennessee in regular season and Tennessee loses a game in the SEC tourney. You would have equal records, head-to-head and they would have the worst loss (Auburn)

That still leaves a slew of contenders for the 3 open slots and one of them will more than likely be the top team from the Big 12-whoever that may be. Down to two slots. So it means you have to hope the cards fall right to surpass four out of Arizona, Oregon, Notre Dame, Indiana, and the Number 2 Big 12 team.

Beat Tennessee! Win out. Lose a game and you are out of the two seed contention.

Same Records but different SOS ....

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Say what? That's gotta be from fire smoke. You can't really blame Spokane's air quality when most of the Western U.S. (and Canada) has been on fire just about every summer recently. But fire season doesn't start until well after March (maybe in California it does, but not up north).

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I don't see a whole lot of difference between a 2 seed and a 3. Getting the first weekend at home
is nice. Being in Bridgeport for the second weekend would be really nice. Getting healthy would be the max nicest.
2 would play 3 in a sweet sixteen game anyway if they get that far. #2 would get a home uniform...whoop-de-doo.

Reaction Score
It seems to me losses to top teams will not be killers. One loss to an unranked team, hey every team can have an off night, or the opponent had a great night. Wins against top teams matter big time. So last night ND beats NC State, and they are 17-4. Georgia tech is 17-4 and they beat us. Our best wins were against ND and then non top 25 DePaul. I think we need to beat Tenn to get another top 25 win. When was the last time we had only two top 25 wins???? If we lose to Tenn and win out after that I can see a 4 seed, unless when Paige comes back we get back to our 102-38 blowouts of past years. If we keep winning BE games by under 20, or worse under 10, we are not going to look like we deserve a 2 or even a 3 seed. You can win a few close ones, but we need some blowouts to show we have our moxie back. I hope Dorka is back fast. And Paige not a lot longer after that. But if Dorka is still in a boot tonight and Paige is still in a brace, I am not optimistic. Remember in the past you looked at the NCAA team statistics and UConn was in the top 10 in most, and often the top. Take a look this year at margin of victory, turnovers, assist to turnover ratio, shooting percentages, you name it. Seems like we only lost Anna from a final 4 team, we picked up Azzi, Caroline, AD and Dorka we should be much better, even with Aubrey injured. Even with Paige in the early games we did not seem as good as last year. Not sure what has happened.

Reaction Score
As mentioned in a previous post in this thread there will be a domino effect. That started with NC State taking a hit against Notre Dame. For now that should push them into the #4 One seed. Louisville lucked out. UConn has to win out. That means beating Tennessee on Sunday. Two good games tonight to keep an eye out on. #25 Kansas State is at #11 Iowa State and then #18 Oklahoma is #9 Baylor. Tomorrow most of the Top-25 teams are in action. But they play lower conference teams. Will we have a couple of upsets? I hope so. To Florida State at NC State; to Florida hosting Tennessee; to Minnesota at Indiana; to Vandy at Georgia; I'm wishing you my best. Good luck.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we can beat Tenn without Paige if we just take care of the basketball. The unforced errors have to be an area of emphasis with Geno and his staff right now. At some point I believe the players are going to respond and start getting a handle on it.

Yes the Tenn game of is of incredible importance now, as a win could get us back in Bridgeport as a number 4 seed. It is a home game after all, and with the Huskies having recently decided to "keep going", I really like their chances of emerging from hell a week from tomorrow in Hartford. ;)
To beat Tenn UCONN must improve rebounding. Tenn is a really good rebounding team. However, they appear to be susceptible to defensive pressure. Question is does UCONN guards have the quickness to exploited Tenn pressure weakness.

Reaction Score
As mentioned in a previous post in this thread there will be a domino effect. That started with NC State taking a hit against Notre Dame. For now that should push them into the #4 One seed. Louisville lucked out. UConn has to win out. That means beating Tennessee on Sunday. Two good games tonight to keep an eye out on. #25 Kansas State is at #11 Iowa State and then #18 Oklahoma is #9 Baylor. Tomorrow most of the Top-25 teams are in action. But they play lower conference teams. Will we have a couple of upsets? I hope so. To Florida State at NC State; to Florida hosting Tennessee; to Minnesota at Indiana; to Vandy at Georgia; I'm wishing you my best. Good luck.
Well another domino fell last night while we UConn survived. Oklahoma pulls off an upset on the road to defeat Baylor. So #9 Seed Baylor gets hit and they will move down in the rankings. Now we need to take care of business on Sunday and throughout the rest of the regular season. Then UC will wind up being the #2 Seed in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score

Agree with this assessment!!!

Reaction Score
I am less concerned with their as I am their bracket/location :)

Reaction Score
Well another domino fell last night while we UConn survived. Oklahoma pulls off an upset on the road to defeat Baylor. So #9 Seed Baylor gets hit and they will move down in the rankings. Now we need to take care of business on Sunday and throughout the rest of the regular season. Then UC will wind up being the #2 Seed in Bridgeport.
That’s not how it works.

And it’s not a day to day thing.
Whole resume.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44