Sedona to Oregon | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sedona to Oregon

Reaction Score
When we didn't get Hanna Gusters (Baylor). SMH. I'm trying very hard to stay positive, but....... :confused:

How hard is UConn looking at/pursuing 6'6" Kamilla Cardoso (Dowling Catholic H.S. IA) who is yet uncommitted?

Someone posted a link to a game featuring Mir McLean, Angel Reese and Cardoso (and other notables) last week and I fast forwarded through it and Cardoso sure didn't inspire thoughts of Lobo, Wolters, Charles or Dolson. Seemed to drift around, couldn't guard Reese, and hardly had any points or rebounds. Size doesn't always translate to great play.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Someone posted a link to a game featuring Mir McLean, Angel Reese and Cardoso (and other notables) last week and I fast forwarded through it and Cardoso sure didn't inspire thoughts of Lobo, Wolters, Charles or Dolson. Seemed to drift around, couldn't guard Reese, and hardly had any points or rebounds. Size doesn't always translate to great play.

Thanks. Admittedly I don't know anything about Cardoso. But at 6'6", you know someone will offer her. Perhaps she's waiting for a better offer than those she already has. :rolleyes:

Can UConn afford to wait until 2021 to land a 6'5"+ post player? Quite a few 6-3 post players in this class.
6'5" Amari DeBerry is listed as a forward. I find it interesting that Oregon has 5 players on its 2019-2020 roster 6'4" or above. Head coach Kelly Graves and his staff have found something that works to lure BIGS to their program.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Prince and the Ducks. I’ll still take the Huskies.

With the anticipated "sophomore leap" we expect her to make, and the recent additions, I agree. I'd like to read more "positive" posts from UConn fans commenting on the potential of ONO, and the things she CAN do; instead of the things they think she can't do. Thank goodness for ONO. What would UConn's immediate future look like without her? As long as she stays healthy, we'll be fine.

Reaction Score
With the anticipated "sophomore leap" we expect her to make, and the recent additions, I agree. I'd like to read more "positive" posts from UConn fans commenting on the potential of ONO, and the things she CAN do; instead of the things they think she can't do. Thank goodness for ONO. What would UConn's immediate future look like without her? As long as she stays healthy, we'll be fine.

I'm one of ONO's biggest supporters..........................I think she may very will end up being one of UConn's best posts however she can't handle the rebounding and inside scoring load by herself nor can she guard more then one big body at a time............if she gets in foul trouble or injured there's not a whole lot of proven front court talent to spell her at this time...............

Reaction Score
I'm one of ONO's biggest supporters......I think she may very will end up being one of UConn's best posts however she can't handle the rebounding and inside scoring load by herself nor can she guard more then one big body at a time..if she gets in foul trouble or injured there's not a whole lot of proven front court talent to spell her at this time.....
Allow me to refer you to 3/4th of the ND game. ONO often had 2 or more bigs to contend with and did exceptionally well for her grade and game time. I thank @Carnac for his requesting positve words on Uconn kids. @Charliebball I respect your opinions and regularly request them, so this is not a DISS. I too am an ONO fan, but I'm also a CW, Megan, DANGER, Bent, Irwin fan. Those kids have a way of creeping to the heart.
Your admonition of not fouling is good for ALL as is the injury/health issues. I'm taking my most positive approach of any year with this group. With the current additions, and accepting GENO does not recruit duds, I think Evelyn and/or or along with Touly I think it's fair to say Uconn is OK. I still believe (first time ever) Uconn will get to the NC and beyond With out a Prince Charming.

Reaction Score
Thanks 300,000,000 times

Reaction Score
I don't know much about Cardoso but I'm fairly familiar with the group coaching at Uconn. Should she come aboard this jet stream to the NC she will be coached in the finer points and more rugged points of being an exceptional post. I refer you to Tina Charles as a Freshman/Soph. CD and staff were doing their magic and look at her now. If Cardoso is the least bit energized to play post--that crew will make it happen. Stef was a project, Jessica Moore, was a project---need I say more??

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Good luck to her. Next case.

Reaction Score
Allow me to refer you to 3/4th of the ND game. ONO often had 2 or more bigs to contend with and did exceptionally well for her grade and game time. I thank @Carnac for his requesting positve words on Uconn kids. @Charliebball I respect your opinions and regularly request them, so this is not a DISS. I too am an ONO fan, but I'm also a CW, Megan, DANGER, Bent, Irwin fan. Those kids have a way of creeping to the heart.
Your admonition of not fouling is good for ALL as is the injury/health issues. I'm taking my most positive approach of any year with this group. With the current additions, and accepting GENO does not recruit duds, I think Evelyn and/or or along with Touly I think it's fair to say Uconn is OK. I still believe (first time ever) Uconn will get to the NC and beyond With out a Prince Charming.

I think the starting line up will be just fine.....................hopefully even better then fine.........................the jury is out on EA and BC for the upcoming season........................nothing would make me happier then watching the two of them spell ONO on occasion and add some nastiness and strength to the front court..................

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm one of ONO's biggest supporters......I think she may very will end up being one of UConn's best posts however she can't handle the rebounding and inside scoring load by herself nor can she guard more then one big body at a time..if she gets in foul trouble or injured there's not a whole lot of proven front court talent to spell her at this time.....

Charlie, I meant that in a general sense. I wasn't directing that comment to any one individual, but the yard as a whole. Bummer. A six page thread with 136 posts, most of which were positive. I really thought we had a better than average chance of getting Prince. To quote Belichick: "It's on to Cincinnati."

Reaction Score
Charlie, I meant that in a general sense. I wasn't directing that comment to any one individual, but the yard as a whole. Bummer. A six page thread with 136 posts, most of which were positive. I really thought we had a better than average chance of getting Prince. To quote Belichick: "It's on to Cincinnati."

yes it seemed like a great fit for both parties but apparently if you're 6'3" or taller UConn has less appeal then it does for the vertically challenged ........... ;)

Reaction Score
Totally agree. Graves kind of feels like a more hands-off, West Coast hippie version of Walz - funny and charismatic guy who's a strong tactician but not the world's most determined player development coach, but he attracts enough to talent that that alone is a reason to come, and the talent pushes each other to be better. I suspect that formula works in a world where a lot of recruits come with considerable AAU & Team USA experience and feel they are more fully formed (rightly or wrongly). I guess I kind of feel like if you like the Oregon vibe then Geno is not going to be for you, and vice versa. (You know which style I prefer. ;))

And man, somehow even with Stanford landing 3 top 5 recruits for 2019-2021 (2019-#1 Jones, 2020-#3 Brink, and 2021-#4 Demetre) plus another couple top 20 forwards (Belibi and Prechtel) and a few top 30-40 guards (Jump and Van Gytenbeek), I still feel like we're barely holding on in the recruiting war against Oregon -- which is insane, because if you took all transfers out of the equation, Stanford has indisputably recruited as strong as any school in the country, and easily the strongest since the Wiggins/Appel/Pedersen/Pohlen/Ogwumike x2 streak.

Those road trips up north are going to be brutal for the foreseeable future...
I think Belibi will be better than any big at Oregon. Wish we had a chance, but the child of 2 doctors wasn’t going anywhere but Stanford.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“I’ll be pushing for that waiver," she said in a phone interview. "I’ve heard from a few people that there’s a good chance that I’ll get it. They know the full story and know what’s been going on... If I do get that waiver, watch out, national championship here we come."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This part I do not understand though. If Prince has to sit out this year due to her transfer she should only have three years of eligibility remaining. Unless I'm missing something.

Regardless of when she plays her first minutes in Eugene, Prince will have four years to play at Oregon. She enrolled last year at Texas and used a medical redshirt.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This part I do not understand though. If Prince has to sit out this year due to her transfer she should only have three years of eligibility remaining. Unless I'm missing something.

Regardless of when she plays her first minutes in Eugene, Prince will have four years to play at Oregon. She enrolled last year at Texas and used a medical redshirt.
Prince will get a medical redshirt for her freshman year, regardless of whether or not it occurs next year or the year after. She will either have 5 or 6 years to complete 4 years of eligibility, if she chooses to stay in college that long.

Reaction Score
problematic in the sense that UConn has failed to successfully recruit a quality big forward for a while now...

So? They've consistently been in final fours and have had 2 seasons in which they were undefeated in which they lost in the last seconds, and this past year it is arguable but if Stevens stayed . . .

How "problematic" has it been and how "problematic" is it? UCONN will be top 4 this year too, won't they?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Prince will get a medical redshirt for her freshman year, regardless of whether or not it occurs next year or the year after. She will either have 5 or 6 years to complete 4 years of eligibility, if she chooses to stay in college that long.
I believe she’d have to petition the NCAA for a 6th year of eligibility, but I think those are pretty routinely granted in these circumstances. See Ali Patberg of Indiana.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Maybe too abstract? ;)

sedona_to_oregon.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe she’d have to petition the NCAA for a 6th year of eligibility, but I think those are pretty routinely granted in these circumstances. See Ali Patberg of Indiana.
Yes, that was my assumption.

Reaction Score
So? They've consistently been in final fours and have had 2 seasons in which they were undefeated in which they lost in the last seconds, and this past year it is arguable but if Stevens stayed . . .

How "problematic" has it been and how "problematic" is it? UCONN will be top 4 this year too, won't they?

I simply have no idea if UConn will finish in the final four this coming season...................they certainly have that potential but so much depends on the growth of the underclass women and the ability of EA, AM and AG to make a meaningful contribution (not counting on the NCAA giving Westbrook getting a free pass for this year)..................UConn had a "pretty good" rebounding forward in NC the past four years but who's taking her spot going forward? I'm really talking about the past couple of recruiting classes leading up to the 2020 class where it's very possible UConn gets shut out again in the search for another big body...................2021 is looking pretty positive but who knows...............

Reaction Score
I simply have no idea if UConn will finish in the final four this coming season....they certainly have that potential but so much depends on the growth of the underclass women and the ability of EA, AM and AG to make a meaningful contribution (not counting on the NCAA giving Westbrook getting a free pass for this year)...UConn had a "pretty good" rebounding forward in NC the past four years but who's taking her spot going forward? I'm really talking about the past couple of recruiting classes leading up to the 2020 class where it's very possible UConn gets shut out again in the search for another big body....2021 is looking pretty positive but who knows.....

Who are you talking about? Tuck? Collier?

Reaction Score
Prince going to Oregon sends what message to all the other bigs on the Oregon roster?????????????

It says they better learn to love the bench as much as Giomi does already :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom