Sedona to Oregon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sedona to Oregon

Reaction Score
Because of the overall improvement of the Pac 12 and the emergence of the Oregon schools as rising basketball powers more and more players will not only be staying west, but also committing from the east as well.

I suspect this was a bigger loss for Uconn that it will be a gain for Oregon. Uconn needed the post depth.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would love to hear Kelly Graves' salespitch. It must really be something.

Kind of wild that a program that has yet to make the NC game is crushing everyone in recruiting.

To me, he comes across a big cuddly new age west coast Zen dude. For god's sake, they are "DUCKS" :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
To me, he comes across a big cuddly new age west coast Zen dude. For god's sake, they are "DUCKS" :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well those Oregon and Oregon State interior matchups should be interesting in the next few years.

Let's see if we can set a record for the quickest closed thread!! How bout it team?

I dont wanna see triaddukefan so I'll pass. :oops:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I suspect this was a bigger loss for Uconn that it will be a gain for Oregon. Uconn needed the post depth.

Prince would have been ineligible until next season and would still be just a freshmen. Now, I would've loved to have her if healthy, but UConn has grad transfer options and is still recruiting players like Cardoso. Not the outcome I wanted, but not the end of the world. And frankly, I think Oregon over Notre Dame is a bit of a relief if it wasn't going to be Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Prince would have been ineligible until next season and would still be just a freshmen. Now, I would've loved to have her if healthy, but UConn has grad transfer options and is still recruiting players like Cardoso. Not the outcome I wanted, but not the end of the world. And frankly, I think Oregon over Notre Dame is a bit of a relief if it wasn't going to be Connecticut.
Agreed.
She may well completely recover from a very serious injury, but that is still an unkown. Having her on the roster would probably have reduced our chances for signing other bigs.
There's nothing we can do about it now in any case.

Reaction Score
Congrat to Prince and Oregon. Any team that got her now can see the end of the Rainbow. I wish I was saying Congrats to Uconn.. Geno has supplied wonders so far this post season, thanks Geno.

NO NASTY TASTING GRAPES HERE---LEAVE THE THREAD RUN IT'S COURSE. Someone other than Uconn must have a shot now an then. Congrats Ducks.

Reaction Score
NO NASTY TASTING GRAPES HERE---LEAVE THE THREAD RUN IT'S COURSE. Someone other than Uconn must have a shot now an then. Congrats Ducks.
While it seems to make Oregon, formidable, I would not necessarily count UConn out at this point in time. I was surprised at how well UConn did last year with only 3 losses.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would love to hear Kelly Graves' salespitch. It must really be something.

Kind of wild that a program that has yet to make the NC game is crushing everyone in recruiting.
Just guessing, but if I was Graves, Oregon is a pretty easy sell. The Ducks have steadily progressed in WBB each and every year since he took over as HC to the point where they should be rated #1 in all the preseason polls.

Graves, along with his assistant HC are both enthusiastic pitchmen who can sell “being a part of the first WBB championship at Oregon.” To someone like Prince, who obviously is thinking about a pro career, he can also sell playing in the Pac-12, arguably the best conference in the nation, where Prince will be battling with other talented Bigs in just about every conference game.

There is all that “Nike money” that has given Oregon some of the best facilities in D1 sports. Finally, on the occasions when it’s not pouring rain in the PNW, Eugene, OR is a beautiful place.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Just guessing, but if I was Graves, Oregon is a pretty easy sell. The Ducks have steadily progressed in WBB each and every year since he took over as HC to the point where they should be rated #1 in all the preseason polls.

Totally agree. Graves kind of feels like a more hands-off, West Coast hippie version of Walz - funny and charismatic guy who's a strong tactician but not the world's most determined player development coach, but he attracts enough to talent that that alone is a reason to come, and the talent pushes each other to be better. I suspect that formula works in a world where a lot of recruits come with considerable AAU & Team USA experience and feel they are more fully formed (rightly or wrongly). I guess I kind of feel like if you like the Oregon vibe then Geno is not going to be for you, and vice versa. (You know which style I prefer. ;))

And man, somehow even with Stanford landing 3 top 5 recruits for 2019-2021 (2019-#1 Jones, 2020-#3 Brink, and 2021-#4 Demetre) plus another couple top 20 forwards (Belibi and Prechtel) and a few top 30-40 guards (Jump and Van Gytenbeek), I still feel like we're barely holding on in the recruiting war against Oregon -- which is insane, because if you took all transfers out of the equation, Stanford has indisputably recruited as strong as any school in the country, and easily the strongest since the Wiggins/Appel/Pedersen/Pohlen/Ogwumike x2 streak.

Those road trips up north are going to be brutal for the foreseeable future...

Reaction Score
Totally agree. Graves kind of feels like a more hands-off, West Coast hippie version of Walz - funny and charismatic guy who's a strong tactician but not the world's most determined player development coach, but he attracts enough to talent that that alone is a reason to come, and the talent pushes each other to be better. I suspect that formula works in a world where a lot of recruits come with considerable AAU & Team USA experience and feel they are more fully formed (rightly or wrongly). I guess I kind of feel like if you like the Oregon vibe then Geno is not going to be for you, and vice versa. (You know which style I prefer. ;))

And man, somehow even with Stanford landing 3 top 5 recruits for 2019-2021 (2019-#1 Jones, 2020-#3 Brink, and 2021-#4 Demetre) plus another couple top 20 forwards (Belibi and Prechtel) and a few top 30-40 guards (Jump and Van Gytenbeek), I still feel like we're barely holding on in the recruiting war against Oregon -- which is insane, because if you took all transfers out of the equation, Stanford has indisputably recruited as strong as any school in the country, and easily the strongest since the Wiggins/Appel/Pedersen/Pohlen/Ogwumike x2 streak.

Those road trips up north are going to be brutal for the foreseeable future...
Will not be good for any Pac-12 school who has to get the Oregon schools twice. At this point, Oregon State's recruiting is a few beats behind Stanford and Oregon's, but Rueck has a great eye for talent and does well in the player development area of things. If he can land Clark or Hailey Van Lith (and he appears to be on the outside looking in for those two), he will definitely lessen the gap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom