Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Wow they already erased her from the team photo? They should have moved Azzi, Evina, and Aubrey over to the right a little closer to Aaliyah. It just looks weird keeping that gap in there.
I don't know if anybody was thinking this way but I like the gap. It's like a missing man formation; a way of remembering her through the cancellation. "Gone but not forgotten" if you will.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boneyard posts:

Summer: "Saylor is a sharpshooter who will be a key part of the UConn's unstoppable 3-point attack."

Now: "I can understand why Saylor transferred given the players ahead of her."
How bout
“She hardly played, I’m really gonna miss her and her sharpshooting”

Reaction Score

Wow. Didn’t see this one coming mid-season. I will be rooting for her going forward and I wish her the best.

Didn't see it coming, but not a surprise. She just see very. little chance of fulfilling her dream ( starting ). I think she gave up a bit early, in that she hasn't even had the good health this season to show what she can do. I thought it was great of her to show up early last year. So this is a disappointment. But there are lots of schools who would adore her and her game. I ope she says in Big East so we can see her play.

Reaction Score
Boneyard posts:

Summer: "Saylor is a sharpshooter who will be a key part of the UConn's unstoppable 3-point attack."

Now: "I can understand why Saylor transferred given the players ahead of her."
THIS. I was absolutely crucified in the offseason for pointing out that Autumn Chassion had more of an impact during her minutes last year than Saylor. I know, I know, she was a high schooler and she was coming off of injury. But given her continued injuries, I just didn't see any clear path for her to play this year. I would have predicted less than 2 mpg. And it wouldn't get any easier with next year's recruits. Unfortunate it didn't work out the way she planned, but I'll root for her success elsewhere.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Wow they already erased her from the team photo? They should have moved Azzi, Evina, and Aubrey over to the right a little closer to Aaliyah. It just looks weird keeping that gap in there.
It is kind of like the first Back to the Future

Reaction Score
The speculation about Saylor to Oregon seems a stretch if you peruse the current Duck roster and the incoming class. The Ducks are loaded for the next couple of years. Anything can happen, I guess, (boyfriend, etc) but seems unlikely.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Should've seen the writing on the wall when it was reported she was practicing as part of the front court player group. While a tweener, she's still more guard than forward. Probably realized she might be further down the totem pole than she expected to be.

Reaction Score
I do have a hot tip that she has a good relationship with the head Coach at Vanderbilt. She would probably start immediately and get coached by someone who has sent numerous guards to the W. And Nashville is just a short ride from Maryland. I think I'll mention it to Shea when i see her ;)

A mere 665 mile drive from her home to Nashville. Almost twice as far as the distance to Storrs.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
A mere 665 mile drive from her home to Nashville. Almost twice as far as the distance to Storrs.
I'm wondering if she is going to take I-270 and the Capital Beltway to College Park, MD if Brenda doesn't have a logjam of guards :eek::rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don’t know what KJH is thinking, but right now on VolNation, as TN is trailing USF at home in the 4th qtr, there are several LV fans who are clamoring for TN to sign Saylor.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'm not at all surprised. UConn has three consensus #1 recruits, presently has 3 more consensus top 5 recruits, and has two more top 5 recruits coming next year. Unless satisfying a really specific need, I just don't see where a mere top 30 underclassman finds playing time any time soon. What a lovely problem to have!

Best wishes to her and I'm sure she'll land somewhere great.

Reaction Score
Did Shea Ralph have anything to do with her recruitment and is Vandy a possible landing place or even keeping within the Gino coaching tree and going to Wisconsin where she would make an immediate impact. Really sad to see a kid leave a place she probably dreamed about playing. I can only hope the best for her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not at all surprised. UConn has three consensus #1 recruits, presently has 3 more consensus top 5 recruits, and has two more top 5 recruits coming next year. Unless satisfying a really specific need, I just don't see where a mere top 30 underclassman finds playing time any time soon. What a lovely problem to have!

Best wishes to her and I'm sure she'll land somewhere great.
Though HG placed her at about #30 in their latest rankings, other services have her at about #10, which is where HG had her prior to injury. I viewed her as comparable to Caroline.

She may wind up in the Pac-12.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Though HG placed her at about #30 in their latest rankings, other services have her at about #10, which is where HG had her prior to injury. I viewed her as comparable to Caroline.

She may wind up in the Pac-12.
PN @ #6 and BlueStar @ #11

Reaction Score
Don’t know what KJH is thinking, but right now on VolNation, as TN is trailing USF at home in the 4th qtr, there are several LV fans who are clamoring for TN to sign Saylor.
They won the game so this did not age well

Reaction Score
If I understand you correctly, I think that you are saying that since sailor would have to sit out anyway, changing schools this year allowed her to do it more efficiently. That makes sense to me.
I'm sorry, but her name is Saylor, not 'sailor'.

Reaction Score
Wow. Didn’t see this one coming mid-season. I will be rooting for her going forward and I wish her the best.
No attack @rollskies but mid-season for UConn is usually around 15 to 17 games. ;)

This was inevitable and easily predictable with such a loaded roster. May not be the only one but early for sure. I wish SP nothing but a good future on the court and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom