Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread] | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t know what KJH is thinking, but right now on VolNation, as TN is trailing USF at home in the 4th qtr, there are several LV fans who are clamoring for TN to sign Saylor.

They won the game so this did not age well

So, TN won the game. I guess this means that they would have no use for Saylor? Why not?

Reaction Score
I do have a hot tip that she has a good relationship with the head Coach at Vanderbilt. She would probably start immediately and get coached by someone who has sent numerous guards to the W. And Nashville is just a short ride from Maryland. I think I'll mention it to Shea when i see her ;)
Vanderbilt would be such a great match. Saylor and the likely chip on her shoulder would be a perfect fit with Shea.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
They won the game so this did not age well
Yes they won, but it wasn’t pretty, and LV fans still want Saylor to transfer to Knoxville.

Reaction Score
Should've seen the writing on the wall when it was reported she was practicing as part of the front court player group. While a tweener, she's still more guard than forward. Probably realized she might be further down the totem pole than she expected to be.
I agree about the timing and circumstance but I never believed that she was ever going to play guard at UConn.

Reaction Score
I don't know if anybody was thinking this way but I like the gap. It's like a missing man formation; a way of remembering her through the cancellation. "Gone but not forgotten" if you will.

Uhh folks the picture was from Biff. Aka photo shop extraordinaire Biff.
I'm pretty sure that @RedStickHusky has seen the original and knows that it was photoshopped. Loved his comment, and the "missing man" reference.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
And...? I still like it and I still don't know if it was done with any symbolic intent. Nice job by Biff though.
When I started the photo mod I had intended to remove her and "close the ranks". But it then struck me that the gap or the "missing man" image would be more striking and illustrative to the point that, just like that, with a Thanos snap, she's gone. The missing man formation is to honor those who have left us and I'm sad she's gone.

Best wishes in your travels Saylor.

P.S. I like the back to the future fading picture reference. Good art can have many interpretations beyond what the artist intended.

P.P.S. I try very hard to include my Biff signature on any image I "work". I have made the mistake on an occasion or two of forgetting, but if you see a "Biff" sig on the pic you can feel confident it's been manipulated...overtly or subtly.

Reaction Score
Don’t really mean this to be a dig at her, but why would Oregon be interested? They already have Parrish for two (maybe 3) more years and rosters will also be loaded with the classes they have coming in.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Don’t really mean this to be a dig at her, but why would Oregon be interested? They already have Parrish for two (maybe 3) more years and rosters will also be loaded with the classes they have coming in.
As Corvallis is only 47 miles from Eugene, perhaps Saylor could look at the Beavers as they could definitely use her shooting.

Reaction Score
As Corvallis is only 47 miles from Eugene, perhaps Saylor could look at the Beavers as they could definitely use her shooting.

Of her finalists, I can see her fitting nicely with Missouri since her mom played there. I think Oregon and Maryland were in her final four, but I see similar depth problems there. Oregon State is also an interesting landing spot, both teams could use her. As someone mentioned, she’s followed Oregon and Arkansas on social media so who knows.

Reaction Score

not just basketball

Having a parent bash a school’s academics and campus life isn’t necessarily the best look, good luck to her though. Hopefully where she lands next is the right place for her.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
So this is why she wasn't as engaged during the game. Makes sense now.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Having a parent bash a school’s academics and campus life isn’t necessarily the best look, good luck to her though. Hopefully where she lands next is the right place for her.
+1. Respectfully, what did her parents expect? She started a year younger than every other freshman, at a large state school halfway through the year, in the middle of a raging pandemic, during the busiest part of the basketball season when she was on the road half of every other school week, with 20 other hours of her week devoted practice. I'm shocked she didn't get to "get out and meet a lot of other people".

:confused:

Reaction Score

not just basketball
Other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?
98761A5A-8BD4-4914-859A-D5E2178EDEBE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

not just basketball
Wow. Pretty classless statement. Say it wasn't a good fit and it wasn't just basketball and be done with it.

Reaction Score
+1. Respectfully, what did her parents expect? She started a year younger than every other freshman, at a large state school halfway through the year, in the middle of a raging pandemic, during the busiest part of the basketball season when she was on the road half of every other school week, with 20 other hours of her week devoted practice. I'm shocked she didn't get to "get out and meet a lot of other people".

:confused:
I read the quote as basically she was bored. Storrs isn't Austin or Chapel Hill or Ann Arbor or Gainesville or Madison, so if the night life and/or social scene is a priority, UConn is definitely not the place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom