Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread] | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wow they already erased her from the team photo? They should have moved Azzi, Evina, and Aubrey over to the right a little closer to Aaliyah. It just looks weird keeping that gap in there.
So sad. It's like they want the team to see what it looks like to jump ship.

Reaction Score
+1. Respectfully, what did her parents expect? She started a year younger than every other freshman, at a large state school halfway through the year, in the middle of a raging pandemic, during the busiest part of the basketball season when she was on the road half of every other school week, with 20 other hours of her week devoted practice. I'm shocked she didn't get to "get out and meet a lot of other people".

:confused:

That, and everyone knows you go to UConn to strictly play basketball. Isn’t that a Taurasi quote or something? :D

Reaction Score
I read the quote as basically she was bored. Storrs isn't Austin or Chapel Hill or Ann Arbor or Gainesville or Madison, so if the night life and/or social scene is a priority, UConn is definitely not the place to be.
What you read was quotes by her mother. I didn't read a single word from Saylor herself. She never said a word in this report. Am I missing something, because if I am, I apologize.

Reaction Score
That, and everyone knows you go to UConn to strictly play basketball. Isn’t that a Taurasi quote or something? :D
I may butcher this but here’s the story I remember:

A recruit was visiting was assigned to Taurasi for the weekend. The recruit was concerned about the weather and the social activities at Uconn and asked “but what do you DO here all winter?” To which Taurasi replied “We win championships.” Iconic! :)

As the story then goes, Geno asked the team what they thought of the recruit and Taurasi told him to pass since she wasn’t right for Uconn.

maybe this was in one of Gene’s books, or maybe I dreamt it. :p:D:cool:

Reaction Score
No, as Diana said, you go to UConn to win championships.

Was being a little facetious of course. But in all seriousness, based on her mother’s comments it sounds like she’s more concerned with social life and campus involvement. If academics are the main priority, well……Oregon is definitely no Stanford ;)

Reaction Score
I may butcher this but here’s the story I remember:

A recruit was visiting was assigned to Taurasi for the weekend. The recruit was concerned about the weather and the social activities at Uconn and asked “but what do you DO here all winter?” To which Taurasi replied “We win championships.” Iconic! :)

As the story then goes, Geno asked the team what they thought of the recruit and Taurasi told him to pass since she wasn’t right for Uconn.

maybe this was in one of Gene’s books, or maybe I dreamt it. :p:D:cool:

College teams need more players with this mindset. :D Legendary stuff right there.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Who is ‘they’?

Again, this is not a photo from UConn — it’s a Biff creation.
I know it's a Biffian gem. I was playing on hoopsfan22

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She certainly looked happy in the pictures from this summer, but being constantly in rehab can be very boring. Would have liked to see her play as I think she could have contributed, but ...

Nashville, Vandy, and Shea - she could certainly use her! Academics, minutes, and a vibrant social scene.

Reaction Score
What you read was quotes by her mother. I didn't read a single word from Saylor herself. She never said a word in this report. Am I missing something, because if I am, I apologize.
The quote was from Amy Poffenbarger, but I doubt those areas of concern she mentioned just fell out of the sky when the reporter called. Mom knows best.

Reaction Score
wow Saylor's mom did not hold back! Could this be what Geno means when parents are too involved in their kid's decisions and playing time when they are not getting the parents feel they deserve should get.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
When I started the photo mod I had intended to remove her and "close the ranks". But it then struck me that the gap or the "missing man" image would be more striking and illustrative to the point that, just like that, with a Thanos snap, she's gone. The missing man formation is to honor those who have left us and I'm sad she's gone.

Best wishes in your travels Saylor.

P.S. I like the back to the future fading picture reference. Good art can have many interpretations beyond what the artist intended.

P.P.S. I try very hard to include my Biff signature on any image I "work". I have made the mistake on an occasion or two of forgetting, but if you see a "Biff" sig on the pic you can feel confident it's been manipulated...overtly or subtly.
Thanks. I'm glad that leaving that gap in the lineup was an artistic decision and not a question of technical constraint... again, congrats on a very nice, communicative, piece of work.
P.S. How could a "Biff' not be at least a little tickled by a back to the future reference?
P.P.S. Maybe your cousin Giff comes up with a little fade from the original image to your edit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom