Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I do have a hot tip that she has a good relationship with the head Coach at Vanderbilt. She would probably start immediately and get coached by someone who has sent numerous guards to the W. And Nashville is just a short ride from Maryland. I think I'll mention it to Shea when i see her ;)

Reaction Score

Wow. Didn’t see this one coming mid-season. I will be rooting for her going forward and I wish her the best.

I’m sure she could see where is on the depth chart. She should have red shirted this year, built up her strength, and taken care of her nagging injuries.

Reaction Score
I’m sure she could see where is on the depth chart. She should have red shirted this year, built up her strength, and taken care of her nagging injuries.
She still could have redshirted this year. I'm not sure it would've mattered. And for someone who has played minimal BB for the past 2.5 years, she may not have wanted to keep waiting.

Reaction Score
Boneyard posts:

Summer: "Saylor is a sharpshooter who will be a key part of the UConn's unstoppable 3-point attack."

Now: "I can understand why Saylor transferred given the players ahead of her."
Doesn’t always take that long to contradict themselves

Reaction Score
I do have a hot tip that she has a good relationship with the head Coach at Vanderbilt. She would probably start immediately and get coached by someone who has sent numerous guards to the W. And Nashville is just a short ride from Maryland. I think I'll mention it to Shea when i see her ;)
Not if I can get to JR Payne first...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Maybe she got depressed when she looked over her shoulder at the Arkansas game and saw her replacement sitting behind her. I don't know, maybe, huh?

Reaction Score
Having watched Say play 3x in high school and spoken with her personally, I'm a little upset and disappointed. But I understand her decision. She has to be frustrated about the nagging injuries and not having an opportunity to show her skills. Best wishes to Saylor!

I think when Ice and Ayanna signed, it made the depth chart look even tougher. Perhaps her decision was an indication that Ciera Toomey is coming.

I don't know if Say considered Maryland, but I'm sure that Brenda would love her. I think Kelly Graves will take a hard look. Saylor's BF is at Oregon and he may be a future NFL QB.
Her top 6 included Maryland, Oregon, Missouri, Tennessee, Oklahoma

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Geno said she was going to see a doctor today, or yesterday maybe. Anyway, maybe it was bad news and redshirting this year was her only option. If that was the case, the decision was an easy one considering the players we already have on the roster. A girl with her talent isn't going to practice all year with not a huge possibility that she would be playing much next year. I think she made the right decision and I wish her all the luck in the world. Now the only down thing is that she will probably hook up with one of our rivals and haunt us till she graduates in 4 years.

Reaction Score
She left high school early also. I wonder if she affected the Kiki decision. You know, sometimes things just don't work out. She doesn't appear happy but she did appear to try to be positive on the bench. Look at Nika. She was in a similar situation and she just worked harder. My gut though tells me she is more of a tweener. Not a ball handling guard and not ideal as a forward. She could have succeeded in a team fashion but was never going to be a star at Uconn so she decided a better fit was available somewhere else and she's probably right. The best thing she can do is to stay positive and move on.

Reaction Score
There was a brief shot of Saylor on the bench yesterday during the game. She looked unhappy. She seems like a good kid. I hope wherever she ends up she is happy there.
I noticed the same thing and commented on it to my brother. I wish her well and hope
she finds the right situation to continue her basketball career.

Reaction Score
\
Having watched Say play 3x in high school and spoken with her personally, I'm a little upset and disappointed. But I understand her decision. She has to be frustrated about the nagging injuries and not having an opportunity to show her skills. Best wishes to Saylor!

I think when Ice and Ayanna signed, it made the depth chart look even tougher. Perhaps her decision was an indication that Ciera Toomey is coming.

I don't know if Say considered Maryland, but I'm sure that Brenda would love her. I think Kelly Graves will take a hard look. Saylor's BF is at Oregon and he may be a future NFL QB.

When I saw videos of her play in HS and how much she loves to come to Uconn, I had the idea that she was going to be my new favorite Uconn player. Sad to see I won't get to see it:(

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno said she was going to see a doctor today, or yesterday maybe. Anyway, maybe it was bad news and redshirting this year was her only option. If that was the case, the decision was an easy one considering the players we already have on the roster. A girl with her talent isn't going to practice all year with not a huge possibility that she would be playing much next year. I think she made the right decision and I wish her all the luck in the world. Now the only down thing is that she will probably hook up with one of our rivals and haunt us till she graduates in 4 years.
If I understand you correctly, I think that you are saying that since sailor would have to sit out anyway, changing schools this year allowed her to do it more efficiently. That makes sense to me.

Reaction Score
That seems awful fast. I wonder if this is true (can't know for sure myself). Makes me wonder if she somehow thinks something in the program is causing her injuries.
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds