Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saddened but not surprised. Depending on the nature and severity of her injuries I would not be surprised if she doesn't play until next season.

I wouldn't be shocked if she went to a mid major or D2 program that has the academic program she is looking for if there is concern with long term injury issues.

Reaction Score
"In Division I sports, student-athletes may transfer once to another four-year NCAA school and are eligible to compete immediately, provided they are academically eligible and the previous school does not object, without sitting out a year in residence."

THIS FROM THE INTERNET! I believe this to be the actual rule. As long as it's their FIRST transfer.

Reaction Score
I believe Saylor was giving the high fives along the bench when a teammate made a three yesterday. Hope her experience at UCONN was positive and that this was a personal decision. God bless Saylor, have a fantastic career.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the rule is now. I would think Jan, but not sure. Also, if she's injured she might wanna rest/rehab and be 100% next fall.

Since she didn't play this year, I am fairly sure she will be eligible to play second semester. As you say, she might not want to do that. Other than rest/rehab, she might also choose to sit second semester, so as not to burn a whole season of eligibility while playing only half of one.

Reaction Score
Saddened but not surprised. Depending on the nature and severity of her injuries I would not be surprised if she doesn't play until next season.

I wouldn't be shocked if she went to a mid major or D2 program that has the academic program she is looking for if there is concern with long term injury issues.
I'd be stunned if she went D2. If healthy, she can certainly see playing time at almost any D1 in the country.

Reaction Score
Saw it coming she hasn’t been healthy and fell behind she would’ve been catching up her whole career. Wish her the best!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not that this is a clear indicator but in one of the shots of her on the bench yesterday, it sure looked like she had a "script" tat on her right forearm/wrist. I was kinda surprised/shocked. I plan to watch the replay and look a lot closer.
I am a little surprised by this especially seeing how Paige welcomed her last season and kept passing the ball to her so that Saylor could get some points. But alas, there was writing on the wall I guess.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not surprised at all. I wish her all the best. Talented young lady, when healthy, with skills that could help another program right away. Best of luck, Saylor. You are going to do well wherever you end up. Best wishes.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Not that this is a clear indicator but in one of the shots of her on the bench yesterday, it sure looked like she had a "script" tat on her right forearm/wrist. I was kinda surprised/shocked. I plan to watch the replay and look a lot closer.
Yes. She's had that for a while.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Saylor. Wish we could’ve seen her at full strength.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I saw Saylor doing the 3pt bench cheer?.

Maybe Paige decided no 3 pt shots so she would have less to do? :oops:

Reaction Score
"In Division I sports, student-athletes may transfer once to another four-year NCAA school and are eligible to compete immediately, provided they are academically eligible and the previous school does not object, without sitting out a year in residence."

THIS FROM THE INTERNET! I believe this to be the actual rule. As long as it's their FIRST transfer.

That is generally correct, although there is one more provision. That is that the player hasn't played at all that season prior to transferring. Saylor obviously meets that criterion as well.

Reaction Score
She looked quite sad during the warmups yesterday. I wish her well, but classes of more than three are hard to sustain for four years.

I saw the same thing. Then again I said last season that changes were still going to be made. Sadly, I did not see her getting a bunch of playing time with what we have now. Maybe a player for Shea to grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom