Saylor is coming!!! | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Saylor is coming!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I like Kevin James too, but don't get the reference within this clip. I guess as they say "Humor is Individualistic Taste" ?
Kevin James & humor had nothing to do with that reply per say. Consider @mbr33ct response (Gif) a substitute for the dislike button.

Reaction Score
Saylor will cause matchup problems for Stanford and SC. Getting a Top 5 recruit for the stretch run is huge. UConn has to be the favorites now.

Reaction Score
Everyone should just let the kid 'ease' into the program and not have all of these "high" expectations placed on her young shoulders. Remember, she is a PUP Husky and not a Mature Husky
1610840325533.png

Reaction Score
Our young Saylor, who beat all her peers into declaring her intentions, strikes out again and prepares for her maiden voyage with a strong vessel under the guiding star of Geno

View attachment 63631
I actually preferred a silent-running ship and GPS input to a ring-laser gyro-navigator to steer her by, clear deep water, with the sky being optional until at periscope depth....

Reaction Score
If we are to only use end of last season and Providence game as the measuring stick for Aubrey the question becomes, why isn't she starting? She is not starting, and even if she were the holes in her game not only leave room for improvement but room for competition for minutes from players that don't have those same holes in her game.
My idea of a serious run to the national championship is having THREE Huskies competing for the national sixth "man" of the Year award, and five of five starters in the final ten for each national position awards.
The wins by greater than 30-ish points per game will continue as the unselfish play continues whether Piage shoots as often as Geno desires or not....
Go Huskies! [...every time a game is actually played]

Reaction Score
If I didn’t know better I swear that Alexa either reads and or post on the BY. Wait a second do I “really” know better?
I Take It Back Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek
We love $hi___ Creek, and may the Huskies never be there without a paddle....

Reaction Score
Typical BoneYard thread, title says one thing but the posters latch on to a completely AND irrelevant dialogue...Head bang

Back to Saylor-she has chosen an opportunity to accelerate her collegiate choice a semester early as there were either limited or no opportunities to play in HS this year. She offers some unique skills for this team-position versatility, outside shooting and ball handling. I am dubious on even 10 min per game simply because we have 9 deep already so 7-10 average for me would be outstanding. If she can even average 2-3 3-point shots a game that would be good. She will have growing pains as all the freshman usually do (Paige is becoming an exception). There is nothing but upside here. Geno and Staff had to approve this and think it was a good idea, why anyone here is so concerned about other players minutes, obviously is not in tune with the competitive UConn spirit. Play the cards you are dealt and let the chips fall where they may. Happy to have you Saylor!
I am sure her High School coach provided ample great advice (because it is her mom & it did not blindside her either), and may Saylor have a tremendously successful 4.5 years of College eligibility, and the team be protected from the pandemic!!!

Reaction Score
I thought this was a Saylor thread. Here's what John Paul said about Sayling:

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way.

— John Paul Jones
Only one thing to add to a fast ship..... a full "quiver" of precision weapons, because harm's way tends to appear in the "twinkling of an eye."

Reaction Score
Talk about putting pressure on a kid (who is not a top 5 recruit) coming in halfway through the season.
You are correct.

Saylor is ranked #6 by Prospect Nation, who IMHO is a better evaluation service than ESPN. She will only get better with Geno & Company working with her for the rest of the season (starting for her in 10 - 14 days depending on rules in play from coming in from Maryland (today-ish?))

Reaction Score
You are correct.

Saylor is ranked #6 by Prospect Nation, who IMHO is a better evaluation service than ESPN. She will only get better with Geno & Company working with her for the rest of the season (starting for her in 10 - 14 days depending on rules in play from coming in from Maryland (today-ish?))
Are you saying Sayor has a boatload of talent?

Reaction Score
Are you saying Sayor has a boatload of talent?
Nicely played! ...and "100 PERCENT!" as Pastor Ron from Plantville, CT would say at full volume....

Hope to see Saylor to earn some playing time at DePaul on 1/31/2021 [Sunday game, so praying for all of UCONN nation to be at "100 PERCENT" for the entire run to the National Title!!]...

Reaction Score
Saylor will cause matchup problems for Stanford and SC. Getting a Top 5 recruit for the stretch run is huge. UConn has to be the favorites now.
They been the favorites to me and probably others that’s not even a Uconn fan

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both Saylor and Caroline had growth spurts of 3-4” in the past 2 or 3 years, though maybe not at the same time. Though I don’t have a Hartley Meter around, my best info is that both are 6’2”. In fact, Say told me she’s 6’2” and @RoadWarrior confirmed it with his own eyes. Those pics from 1-3 years ago are out of date. I bet Say and Caroline Ducharme will be within 1/2” of each other next year.
MH, What was the caliber of the teams you saw her play against? How about her team?Thanks
[/QUOTE]
A few things to help you assess:

Saylor was often the tallest player on the floor and usually the best (maybe tied with Mir in the Middletown v. Roland Park game). Middletown is a nice, small town outside of Frederick, MD, roughly an hour from Baltimore and a little more from D.C. The league consists of relatively small schools, so the competition is not especially high. I think there was a stud in the league a couple of years ago, but I forget who. Saylor's mother appears to be a good coach. Though their athleticism was average, the kids moved the ball well on offense and played a decent zone defense. Middletown lost 1 games last season and maybe 2-3 the year before.

Though the high school competition was limited, keep in mind that Saylor played for the Fairfax (VA) Stars on the AAU circuit. The level of competition in and around D.C. is very good. Schools such as St. John's, Paul VI, Bishop McNamara, Good Counsel, Riverdale Baptist. etc. are often nationally ranked. Recent players include Fudd, Owusu, Rice, Scott, Brown-Turner, Austin, and Matharu.

In addition, Saylor played for the USA U-16 team in 2019. Here's the loaded roster. You'll recognize the names, including DeBerry, Betts, Barker, Miles, Moore, Verhulst, Citron, Rice, et al.

roster.aspx

Though Saylor didn't start, she was 4th in minutes played. Her shooting was off, but she was a stat stuffer, finishing 6th in points, 6th in rebounds, 2nd in assists, 4th in blocks, and 2nd in steals. She showed that she clearly could play at the highest level of her age group.

Reaction Score
With Aubrey Griffin's performance last Saturday against Providence, and her performance towards the end of last season, to include her in this statement, in my humble opinion, is just not correct.
She can't run an offense! People talk about Ania and her shooting but Aubrey has hit one shot beyond 4 feet in her career. She played last year only out of necessity from the lack of good players on the team. Edwards will get better and will be on the court longer. If she can't comprehend the offense it is going to hold her back. I'm not the only one who can see this. She is fun to watch and a great athlete but with the talent that is coming in next year reminds me of the tassk force. Because of them 2 former starters were regulated to hardly any minutes in their Sr. years and next years class can do the same if they are as good as advertised.

Reaction Score
MH, What was the caliber of the teams you saw her play against? How about her team?Thanks

Saylor was often the tallest player on the floor and usually the best (maybe tied with Mir in the Middletown v. Roland Park game). Middletown is a nice, small town outside of Frederick, MD, roughly an hour from Baltimore and a little more from D.C. The league consists of relatively small schools, so the competition is not especially high. I think there was a stud in the league a couple of years ago, but I forget who. Saylor's mother appears to be a good coach. Though their athleticism was average, the kids moved the ball well on offense and played a decent zone defense. Middletown lost 1 games last season and maybe 2-3 the year before.

Though the high school competition was limited, keep in mind that Saylor played for the Fairfax (VA) Stars on the AAU circuit. The level of competition in and around D.C. is very good. Schools such as St. John's, Paul VI, Bishop McNamara, Good Counsel, Riverdale Baptist. etc. are often nationally ranked. Recent players include Fudd, Owusu, Rice, Scott, Brown-Turner, Austin, and Matharu.

In addition, Saylor played for the USA U-16 team in 2019. Here's the loaded roster. You'll recognize the names, including DeBerry, Betts, Barker, Miles, Moore, Verhulst, Citron, Rice, et al.

roster.aspx

Though Saylor didn't start, she was 4th in minutes played. Her shooting was off, but she was a stat stuffer, finishing 6th in points, 6th in rebounds, 2nd in assists, 4th in blocks, and 2nd in steals. She showed that she clearly could play at the highest level of her age group.
[/QUOTE]
This is good to hear! You last paragraph confirms to me that she is not a stiff athlete and has some flexibility to her. Usually you need athleticism to excel in so many different things. She seems to be above average in speed and quickness. Hard to tell at HS level but that is what I think at a minimum.

Reaction Score

roster.aspx

[/QUOTE]
Thank You from the videos I have seen from her HS games that's what I thought but I was limited in what I saw. I really like her game!

Reaction Score
Are you saying that Aubrey doesn't know the offense? I don't agree with that. Mir is starting to catch on to the offense as well. I'm sure Autumn knows the offense since she is supposed to be a 4.0 student.

There may be reasons that they don't play, but not knowing the offense is not going to be one of them.
I am not the only one that sees it. Being a sophmore no she doesn't know the offense like she should by know. She had a good game the other day but now she's 1 for her career beyond 4 feet.That's your opinion. I will stand by mine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom