Saylor is coming!!! | The Boneyard

Saylor is coming!!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
When Poffenbarger drives up to Storrs, Connecticut, along with Amy and her father, Bill, on Saturday, she’ll soon enter a world that will have that structure. She’ll take 12 credits of college courses, with all of her education being administered online. And after she quarantines in Storrs for 10 days, she’ll be allowed to participate in practices and games with the Huskies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I just find this fascinating!

Some Dixville Notch [i.e. waaay too early] speculation:

Practice with the team starting in late January.
Geno sees how she fits in...in terms of ability/attitude/effort.
Come early and mid-February: maybe play her in a few blow-out games and see what happens.
We have a ton of games in February so there may well be opportunities for PT.

Come the conference and NCAA tourneys maybe Saylor shows enough to really help us against any team. My sense is that she is a versatile player at 6'2" or so....a combo 2/3/4 player? I anticipated her having a realistic shot at being in the rotation next year. Maybe this is a late Christmas present for this year.

I find this development potentially wonderful...for the team and for Saylor.
Go Saylor!

Reaction Score
Sounds great. With the extra year of eligibility she will sustain her normal four years, she gets a head start on learning the uconn system, an early start with the training staff in the weight room, and exposure to D1 basketball. Whether or not she impacts this season, it will make her that much more prepared for her freshman season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Great decision by Saylor and her family. With no HS ball in MD, it gives her the opportunity to play and practice with one of the top teams in WBB under the best coaching staff in college basketball. At the same time, with the NCAA decision to effectively grant anyone who plays this season another year of eligibility, Saylor will not lose any eligibility by starting her UConn career early.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think this is a great move not just in a basketball sense but in getting Paige and Saylor together so they can get to know each other on a personal level better. I was a little concerned that Paige, Azzi, Caroline and DeBerry were already very close and Saylor seemed to be on the outside which might lead to some issues so imho, this is just perfect.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
HOLY GUACAMOLI! Well, we know she's a coach's kid so hopefully she gets up to speed at an accelerated pace. This is pretty incredible news. Where's Geno's comments...inquiring minds want to know...
Happy Will Ferrell GIF

Reaction Score
I think this is a great move not just in a basketball sense but in getting Paige and Saylor together so they can get to know each other on a personal level better. I was a little concerned that Paige, Azzi, Caroline and DeBerry were already very close and Saylor seemed to be on the outside which might lead to some issues so imho, this is just perfect.
Caroline is very close to Saylor

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Awesome! From what I’ve read, Saylor appears to be a player with Paige’s mentality and work ethic. Not to mention her 3 point shooting!
If Saylor has Paige's cool demenor in games and not the usual deer in the headlights freshman look, then all is good! It would appear she has the intellect the grasp UCONN's system at least as well as KLS did as a freshman ... now where is the three point line, set hands for quick smooth release and swish! 1610718517189.png

As Amy Poffenbarger said, “It’s a no-lose situation."

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Plus, let's not overlook that getting a 12 credit head start will take a lot of pressure off of her.
well, 12 credits is the minimum you must take a semester to be eligible. Plus add in 6 credits over the summer that many of the players take so she will have 18 credits under her belt before next fall...

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Sounds great. With the extra year of eligibility she will sustain her normal four years, she gets a head start on learning ...
Her "normal four years" will probably be graduates in 3 years of eligibility. Then finishes her final two years of eligibility with a graduate degree. In addition to a high basketball IQ she apparently has a high IQ as in Stanford–Binet.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good idea. Without BB in MD, she might as well move on. And since it's not gonna count against her NCAA eligibility, pretty much no brainer.

Welcome aboard Saylor. (see what I did there?)

So is she gonna be listed as a Pre-Freshman????

Last edited:

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if Saylor can get significant minutes this year since she is way behind in practice and learning the schemes etc.
Any normal season I would totally agree with you, but the way things have been going, she may have plenty of time to catch up with the other players on learning the schemes... and it doesn't hurt that she's 6'2, in shape, and has shooting range even deeper than Dangerfield.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom