Sandro Mamukelashvili | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sandro Mamukelashvili

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think it'll play out like dominos. Getting one will get us the other. If we can generate some real excitement players are going to want to come. Jalen got it started with the "we have unfinshed business" quote. That sent chills down my spine. It was so "this is what happens when you ban us", "we're gonna shock the world", "I TOLD YOU". It gave me that feeling. Call me a lunatic or unrealistic but i think next yr will be special :)

I got no problem with enthusiasm, as long as you promise not to be the first in line on the Hate Parade if it isn't.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I want this kid badly. I can't believe the handle he has. And the motor. And the shot.
He has a soft touch on his shot. Even his shots off the rim drop. He's no bricklayer. That's huge. He also seems great at following his and others' shots.

Reaction Score
Confirmed. But, also not good to miss after putting so much work into him. In recruiting terms though the "work" was easy due to the geographic proximity. Glen could be recruiting Diallo and live a "normal life", maybe that's where that "lazy" talk comes from?

We need to put this to bed. It wasn't anyone being lazy, it wasn't like anyone was wrong he probably WAS coming here, instead it's pretty obvious to anyone who knows the landscape of college basketball. John Cal hypnotizes kids who are easily drawn in to the pyscho BS which is the best way to the NBA. Combine that with what I am sure was Cal's negative UConn recruiting during a horrific year, suddenly he was gone. No one's fault just a kid listening to what he wanted to hear and playing in a game which UConn can't. The promises I am sure were out of control and while some probably make sense others will be empty but he's gone and who cares. The staff had him, he slipped away because he's a kid and like many others decided Cal knows best.

NEXT, NEXT, NEXT,......

Reaction Score
I think it'll play out like dominos. Getting one will get us the other. If we can generate some real excitement players are going to want to come. Jalen got it started with the "we have unfinshed business" quote. That sent chills down my spine. It was so "this is what happens when you ban us", "we're gonna shock the world", "I TOLD YOU". It gave me that feeling. Call me a lunatic or unrealistic but i think next yr will be special :)

You're an unrealistic Lunatic!

Happy? ;)

C

Chief00

We need to put this to bed. It wasn't anyone being lazy, it wasn't like anyone was wrong he probably WAS coming here, instead it's pretty obvious to anyone who knows the landscape of college basketball. John Cal hypnotizes kids who are easily drawn in to the pyscho BS which is the best way to the NBA. Combine that with what I am sure was Cal's negative UConn recruiting during a horrific year, suddenly he was gone. No one's fault just a kid listening to what he wanted to hear and playing in a game which UConn can't. The promises I am sure were out of control and while some probably make sense others will be empty but he's gone and who cares. The staff had him, he slipped away because he's a kid and like many others decided Cal knows best.

NEXT, NEXT, NEXT,.

I agree, other than I don't believe we ever had Diallo locked up and when we where arguably leading you don't allow that to go on for years without a commitment. Much could have been done more effectively and timely.
As far as the Oz narrative that Miller was "lazy" - I don't agree. If he had closed the deal I don't think we would be hearing that. The fact that there weren't the long flights involved as associated with other recruitments - does mean less personal sacrifice. So maybe there was some resentment? While some of letting Miller go involved a salary/job slot for Chillious - there was definitely more to it.

Reaction Score
This kid won't end up at UConn. I am not sure I even believe we are recruiting him. Need more evidence.

Reaction Score
KO doesn't recruit white kids though.

This seems to be true - but makes little sense given the results he got with Giffey, just look at both teams playing for the NC tomorrow night, that is a silly philosophy for KO to have.

Reaction Score
KO doesnt decide who he recruits on whether they are white or black. This conversation is soooooo dumb
-
You would be exactly right, except if you look until this kid (if he's really recruiting him) he has recruited exactly zero kids that happen to be white since he became Head Coach - if the lists of targets on 247Sports are true, and he has no targets that fit that criteria for 2017, and 2018, and for 2019 the only one is Balsa Koprivica and he just popped up there the last week or so. It's not a secret, and while on the surface it may seem to be sooooooo dumb - it is actually pretty close to fact.

This program has had a lot of success with foreign players thru the years - why not revisit that now? I would love that 6'5" French PG, people are raving about on another thread and he's not white - but the other point here is why not look overseas again?

Reaction Score
-
You would be exactly right, except if you look until this kid (if he's really recruiting him) he has recruited exactly zero kids that happen to be white since he became Head Coach - if the lists of targets on 247Sports are true, and he has no targets that fit that criteria for 2017, and 2018, and for 2019 the only one is Balsa Koprivica and he just popped up there the last week or so. It's not a secret, and while on the surface it may seem to be sooooooo dumb - it is actually pretty close to fact.

This program has had a lot of success with foreign players thru the years - why not revisit that now? I would love that 6'5" French PG, people are raving about on another thread and he's not white - but the other point here is why not look overseas again?
Moritz Wagner is white KO was recruiting him so there goes that theory

Reaction Score
I would think he is recruiting best available and with some interest in coming here. Bringing race into this is just nonsense.

I don't see race here just stating maybe go overseas again? Whether a fact or not on who he has recruited I think we know KO enough to know if there's a white kid, an Indian kid or a Chinese kid good enough he will recruit him this is not even a discussion. Sandro was on their radar I do believe earlier but how much no one knows.

No matter, just give us some good news soon so we can get off the stupid threads!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
KO doesnt decide who he recruits on wether they are white or black. This conversation is soooooo dumb
I love when I post something facetiously and some one responds agreeing with it.

Reaction Score
@Paesano is barely even trying at this point.
You are right, I'm not. What little effort I put in showed me nothing from the kid directly that said we are seriously recruiting him. Zagoria (next to useless) said it in his article in February but it wasn't a quote. Clearly he had some information on which to base that claim but we don't know what it was or how reliable it was. Then we heard nothing. Now we get the same old article because Chillious started "following him". Maybe I don't get the massive implication of a "follow" but that seems like weak sauce to me. All we heard from the kid since February was his pic showing five schools that aren't us. At the very least, we weren't recruiting him hard enough to get a mention along with those 5. Maybe we are now. I would like to hear it from the kid. Until then, it never happened.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I don't see race here just stating maybe go overseas again?

Love you Mau but you're wrong here.

"Doesn't recruit white kids" and "let's look overseas again" is not the same thing.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Mayan Kiir just decommitted from VCU. Could be worth a look, 6-10 PF ranked around 150.
Ranked 95th on ESPN

uCJQpjz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member