Sandro Mamukelashvili | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sandro Mamukelashvili

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I strangely trust cheif lol...He clearly knows someone
Just to be clear, I am not predicting anything at this point - other than being in play - but coming from behind.

Reaction Score
Saw him play in hoophall 2017. A much better player then the bigs that we have so far. Underrated and could be a starter right away

Reaction Score
Also during hoophall in Springfield college. The staff was watching MAL's team playing against Mamukelashvili. Killings was sitting next to Ollie n whispering into his ear the whole game. Miller was sitting alone in the next row. This was about one wk post Diallo. I suspected that Miller was done then. Very awkward interaction between them

Reaction Score
We could really use a win here. Hopefully the kid sees that there are starter minutes to go around

Reaction Score
The Gamecocks are losing some players and had that run which could help their case. I hope he is interested enough to not have just thrown us in the race but is seriously considering. This kid looks like a basketball player who has game and understands it also. Long lefty who can bring his guy to the 3 pt line or take some off the dribble. Looks like he can pass it a little too. Besides making jumpers the most impressive little tidbit was the 2 hand overhead pass across court, that's an art and tell me who has had that as of late?

All in on this one, would love this win.

Reaction Score
The Gamecocks are losing some players and had that run which could help their case. I hope he is interested enough to not have just thrown us in the race but is seriously considering. This kid looks like a basketball player who has game and understands it also. Long lefty who can bring his guy to the 3 pt line or take some off the dribble. Looks like he can pass it a little too. Besides making jumpers the most impressive little tidbit was the 2 hand overhead pass across court, that's an art and tell me who has had that as of late?

All in on this one, would love this win.
They currently have -1 scholarships available for the 2017 class. Assuming Dozier leaves they'd have 0 available. And including the incoming class they'll have 7 bigs without him. I don't know how big a player they could be in this

C

Chief00

Also during hoophall in Springfield college. The staff was watching MAL's team playing against Mamukelashvili. Killings was sitting next to Ollie n whispering into his ear the whole game. Miller was sitting alone in the next row. This was about one wk post Diallo. I suspected that Miller was done then. Very awkward interaction between them
The KO and GM dynamic actually started to change during the 2015/2016 season, but I agree it fell off further with the Killings addition and after the Diallo fiasco it dropped off the cliff.
I don't know what the KO system is with assistants? With JC it was very structured with assistants having clear, accountable responsibilities. Assistants were empowered but they better keep him informed.
Now KO has in theory, at least, held assistants accountable in the ultimate manner - termination. It's unclear to me what the process is up to that point? The fact that apparently both guys were surprised is not a good thing unless they were in complete denial since feedback should be provided on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
The KO and GM dynamic actually started to change during the 2015/2016 season, but I agree it fell off further with the Killings addition and after the Diallo fiasco it dropped off the cliff.
I don't know what the KO system is with assistants? With JC it was very structured with assistants having clear, accountable responsibilities. Assistants were empowered but they better keep him informed.
Now KO has in theory, at least, held assistants accountable in the ultimate manner - termination. It's unclear to me what the process is up to that point? The fact that apparently both guys were surprised is not a good thing unless they were in complete denial since feedback should be provided on a regular basis.

Just curious, was the Diallo fiasco really the tipping point? I know we invested a ton of time in Diallo, but I'm sure lots of good recruiters have lost kids to Calipari, hard to blame him for that one.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
A 6' 10" guy who can lead a fast break, take it to the hole off the dribble, actually has a post game and can hit threes? Compared to the lack of offense we've gotten from our big men, I think I've died and gone to heaven. This kid's Catholic so don't sleep on Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
He's on ESPN right now according to twitter! Started at 12 so it may be getting towards the end

Reaction Score
What's the thinking here?

Is he more of a stretch-4, which would push Larrier to the 3, or can he legitimately hold down the 5 on defense and potentially post people up on offense?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
What's the thinking here?

Is he more of a stretch-4, which would push Larrier to the 3, or can he legitimately hold down the 5 on defense and potentially post people up on offense?
Larrier 3, him 4, Carlton 5

Reaction Score
Larrier 3, him 4, Carlton 5
"Stretch four" is no longer a thing.

This guy is 6'11. He's going to play the five.

I see some disagreement here. That's fine. He'd probably play either in different lineups.

We need a guy like this -- if either he or Durham could pan out (they strike me as fairly similar as tall, skilled bigs) that would provide a lot more stability to the frontcourt for the next 3 years.

What we also need is a legit college 3, a 6'4-6'6 guy who can handle and shoot. Larrier at the 3 I don't think provides enough ballhandling and shooting on the floor. The staff really screwed the pooch on Diallo.

Reaction Score
I see some disagreement here. That's fine. He'd probably play either in different lineups.

We need a guy like this -- if either he or Durham could pan out (they strike me as fairly similar as tall, skilled bigs) that would provide a lot more stability to the frontcourt for the next 3 years.

What we also need is a legit college 3, a 6'4-6'6 guy who can handle and shoot. Larrier at the 3 I don't think provides enough ballhandling and shooting on the floor. The staff really screwed the pooch on Diallo.

I'm afraid you might be a bit behind the curve with regards to Durham.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I agree with that in principle. But it's not necessarily a death knell either. You see a guy like Nick Saban operate the same way while maintaining absurd results. That said, he's Nick Saban. More analogous to K than a guy like Ollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom