Sandro Mamukelashvili | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sandro Mamukelashvili

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm afraid you might be a bit behind the curve with regards to Durham.

In terms of what? Him staying? As far as skill goes, I'd agree. I hope/anticipate that Durham makes a 'double jump' this year. Second year after ACL is always a huge improvement on the first for anyone not named Adrian Peterson. And year after freshman season is also a big improvement on the growth curve for a player.

Reaction Score
Just curious, was the Diallo fiasco really the tipping point? I know we invested a ton of time in Diallo, but I'm sure lots of good recruiters have lost kids to Calipari, hard to blame him for that one.

Missing Diallo wasn't the problem. Being positive that we were getting Diallo was. Decent shot Bruce Brown and that combo guard out of Philly would be part of the team if Hamadou wasn't treated as a lock.

Reaction Score
In terms of what? Him staying? As far as skill goes, I'd agree. I hope/anticipate that Durham makes a 'double jump' this year. Second year after ACL is always a huge improvement on the first for anyone not named Adrian Peterson. And year after freshman season is also a big improvement on the growth curve for a player.

There were a few guys in the other thread making it sound like it's a done deal & is just a matter of it being announced.

I really hope it isn't true because he's such a gifted player.

Reaction Score
Missing Diallo wasn't the problem. Being positive that we were getting Diallo was. Decent shot Bruce Brown and that combo guard out of Philly would be part of the team if Hamadou wasn't treated as a lock.
Not to mention possibly sticking by Diarra despite a chronic knee issue to increase chances of getting Diallo and leaving a team with two unfilled scholarships even thinner.

Reaction Score
Even for you this is dumb, and that's saying something. Troll harder.

We need to keep an eye out for a bald, 50+ year old, cross-eyed man talking to himself and a small cardboard cutout of Andre Drummond. At uconn events, high school games, back alleys... Chief has to be somewhere...

Reaction Score
I'm afraid you might be a bit behind the curve with regards to Durham.
There were a few guys in the other thread making it sound like it's a done deal & is just a matter of it being announced.

I really hope it isn't true because he's such a gifted player.

I saw the rumors in the other thread. Like Enoch, I have no idea why he'd want to leave now, with playing time now wide open at the 4/5.

We'll see. But, for now, I'll comment as if he's going to be here.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

But that's all on KO too. I mean, I'm sure he was intimately involved in the Diallo recruitment. It's not like this falls all on Glen.

Reaction Score
Think he would play the 5. He's still growing. Look how much height and muscle he's put on since this pic in late 2015

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not to mention possibly sticking by Diarra despite a chronic knee issue to increase chances of getting Diallo and leaving a team with two unfilled scholarships even thinner.

Not sure they knew much if anything about Diarra's injury. He played through it, and I doubt disclosed it to any programs. I remember something about them being surprised? I could be wrong there..

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If the kid comes here and is that talented he will play whatever postition

Reaction Score
I thought Oz shot that down?

The ones from Friday? I knew he said earlier nobody was transferring but I assumed that with the Joe D stuff and all the speculation in the other thread it was as good as done. Hopefully I'm mistaken.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I thought Oz shot that down?

Track record wise, I'm a little worried. I mean, even KO seems to get blindsided on a few of these. I could totally be wrong as I'm no part of the inner circle even by Kevin Bacon standards.

I'm hoping hard you and he are right.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The ones from Friday? I knew he said earlier nobody was transferring but I assumed that with the Joe D stuff and all the speculation in the other thread it was as good as done. Hopefully I'm mistaken.

I'm personally wouldn't hang my hat on anything Joe D says, but I'd be stone cold lying if I said I wasn't worried.

Reaction Score
Yea I thought after Vance was announced he said no one else would be transferring but at this point I don't know what to expect. After the MAL announcement I dread coming to board to see the latest news.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Good handle for his size. Moves in heavy traffic without mishandling or charging. decent form on his jumper, and looks like he has a good motor. Great tip-in instincts. Not afraid to dish, but I would have liked to see some outlet passes to start the break. Only downside I noticed was that there were only two blocks in two highlight reels, and both were clearly goal tends. Still want this guy more than any of the other bigs we're recruiting.

Reaction Score
I see some disagreement here. That's fine. He'd probably play either in different lineups.

We need a guy like this -- if either he or Durham could pan out (they strike me as fairly similar as tall, skilled bigs) that would provide a lot more stability to the frontcourt for the next 3 years.

What we also need is a legit college 3, a 6'4-6'6 guy who can handle and shoot. Larrier at the 3 I don't think provides enough ballhandling and shooting on the floor. The staff really screwed the pooch on Diallo.
I don't think Diallo is the guy to reference here. While he isn't a terrible shooter it's not his strong suit. We could use a wing shooter but I don't think Diallo would have been that guy.

Reaction Score
Yea I thought after Vance was announced he said no one else would be transferring but at this point I don't know what to expect. After the MAL announcement I dread coming to board to see the latest news.

There have been contrary reports since then by other posters. TBD

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just to touch on the Durham thing, I asked around and the consensus was that they didn't expect anyone else to transfer. Nothing is set in stone though. Now back to Sandro!

Kemba, may you have the same fortune as @SirHypeAlot

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If we could reel in jusiton, cam, and sandro. I'd run to storrs and give chillious the biggest kiss ever!

Jesus, talk about packing your Christmas wishlist. At this point, I'd be ecstatic with retaining Durham and nabbing ONE of those guys.

Reaction Score
Jesus, talk about packing your Christmas wishlist. At this point, I'd be ecstatic with retaining Durham and nabbing ONE of those guys.
I think it'll play out like dominos. Getting one will get us the other. If we can generate some real excitement players are going to want to come. Jalen got it started with the "we have unfinshed business" quote. That sent chills down my spine. It was so "this is what happens when you ban us", "we're gonna shock the world", "I TOLD YOU". It gave me that feeling. Call me a lunatic or unrealistic but i think next yr will be special :)

C

Chief00

Confirmed. But, also not good to miss after putting so much work into him. In recruiting terms though the "work" was easy due to the geographic proximity. Glen could be recruiting Diallo and live a "normal life", maybe that's where that "lazy" talk comes from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom