S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 17 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This. The blaming of Saxton and Fletcher I’ve seen from some in Gamecock fandom is misguided. Beal with a poor game, Boston out of rhythm due to early foul calls, late turnovers, etc., had far more to do with the loss. The Gamecocks picked a bad time to play their worst game of the season.
I'd agree that Beal's 33 minutes of missing shots and not impacting the game defensively was far more impactful than 7 minutes from Fletcher or Saxton.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm just going to put this here bc I want fellow Gamecock opinions. This is trashy to me. I'd be MORTIFIED if anyone on our WBB team did this. I'm sorry. Maybe it's just me. I thought we were trying to ADVANCE women's sports...NOT objectify them.

If one of the players on your team posed for a similar SI swimsuit pic, what would you do? Stop following the team or THAT player? We can all have an opinion. I respect yours. We all have morals and a code of ethics. Ours may not be theirs, and theirs may not be ours. It's done. Angel is hot right now, and she's cashing in on the NIL opportunites that are put before her. I'm sure she's not going to do ANYTHING her mother is not comfortable with, or that could be deemed in bad taste. If she decides to visit Myrtle Beach for the day, and dons this swimsuit in public as she enjoyed a day in the sun with family/friends, and you bumped into her, would you be still be mortified?

1683995463500.png

There numerous promotional pictures like the this one of Hip-Hop divas/performers with more clothes on and revealing more skin that looked even more provocative. She knew this would get national exposure. She knew exactly what she was doing. If she and her mom were ok with it, who are we to judge her? :rolleyes: Other athletes, movie stars, recording artists and famous models have gone down this road before her. So why can't she? Live and let live. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Saxton or particularly Amihere were ever the "key to the defense" for SC.
I try not to over-index on “hustle plays” that don’t make the stat sheet but Saxton’s rotational D was often on point and Cardoso’s…wasn’t, at least not in that game. Of course, Cardoso also put up 14/14 which wouldn’t have happened with Saxton on the court in her place, so maybe it didn’t impact the end result.

I always thought Amihere was the best defender on the team not named Beal or Boston, but her minutes were inconsistent so it wasn’t always visible to the eye.

Reaction Score
I try not to over-index on “hustle plays” that don’t make the stat sheet but Saxton’s rotational D was often on point and Cardoso’s…wasn’t, at least not in that game. Of course, Cardoso also put up 14/14 which wouldn’t have happened with Saxton on the court in her place, so maybe it didn’t impact the end result.

I always thought Amihere was the best defender on the team not named Beal or Boston, but her minutes were inconsistent so it wasn’t always visible to the eye.

Being completely helpless on the pick and roll was the most surprising thing about that game to me. I didn't think that would be a problem.

Clark going off for 40 wasn't exactly expected but was at least the "makes her legend of the biggest stage" possibility I thought was in play. I really thought she'd have to put up more shots to get a big number. Oh well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Gotta say, the LSU fans on Twitter have been merciless vs their fellow SEC fans of South Carolina. It’s not pretty.

Reaction Score
Gotta say, the LSU fans on Twitter have been merciless vs their fellow SEC fans of South Carolina. It’s not pretty.

This is one thing I dislike about fanbases in social media. There's nothing wrong with healthy rivalries but the comments go beyond that.

Also doesn't help the sport in my opinion. Both fanbases should be pushing the WNBA to increase roster sizes and expansion as it would benefit their players more than this pettiness.

Reaction Score
I’m not surprised by Alexis Morris, Ladazhia Williams or Beal being waived or anyone else for that matter. It’s only so many spots. Good college players or starters on a college team doesn’t necessarily mean skills will be translatable to the WNBA.

Reaction Score
I’m not surprised by Alexis Morris, Ladazhia Williams or Beal being waived or anyone else for that matter. It’s only so many spots. Good college players or starters on a college team doesn’t necessarily mean skills will be translatable to the WNBA.
I actually think all 3 of them could find themselves on a W roster in the future if they fine tune their games, they just need some more experience likely playing overseas. This is where is hurts the most with the lack of roster space and development.

Reaction Score
I actually think all 3 of them could find themselves on a W roster in the future if they fine tune their games, they just need some more experience likely playing overseas. This is where is hurts the most with the lack of roster space and development.
Rebeka Gardner is a great example. Unfortunate that it took a decade but she still got her opportunity.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Chloe Kitts makes the UN19 Team USA Roster. Raven makes the Americup roster for Team USA. Hopefully both come back with a ton of confidence playing at the international level with alot of success. Unfortunately Cooper did not make the U19 Team. Joyce Edwards did...

Love this for Chloe’s confidence going into next season

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is one thing I dislike about fanbases in social media. There's nothing wrong with healthy rivalries but the comments go beyond that.

Also doesn't help the sport in my opinion. Both fanbases should be pushing the WNBA to increase roster sizes and expansion as it would benefit their players more than this pettiness.
UConn fans playing peacemakers, lol

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Star Wars Whatever GIF

And she’ll reiterate when asked by the media that she has no interest in coaching men (or pros for that matter).

Hey hey... i'm just thought y'all might need some reading material this afternoon. I want her to stay in Columbia too. It will make it that much more enjoyable when we (Duke) gets a chance to cook up some chicken tenders in the future.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Every off season there’s a new NBA job that Dawn is attached to. Last season it was the trailblazers.. and I’m pretty sure there was another team the season before that.

I’m sure she’s tired of telling the world that she has no interest in coaching men.

I wish some of these jobs would start looking at Geno or Tara, since they’re so phenomenal at X’s and O’s. Or even Mulkey, heck. Leave us alone. Lol

Reaction Score
Hey hey... i'm just thought y'all might need some reading material this afternoon. I want her to stay in Columbia too. It will make it that much more enjoyable when we (Duke) gets a chance to cook up some chicken tenders in the future.
Most likely your chicken tenders meal will have to hail from Jacksonville, especially after this offseason.
Every off season there’s a new NBA job that Dawn is attached to. Last season it was the trailblazers.. and I’m pretty sure there was another team the season before that.

I’m sure she’s tired of telling the world that she has no interest in coaching men.

I wish some of these jobs would start looking at Geno or Tara, since they’re so phenomenal at X’s and O’s. Or even Mulkey, heck. Leave us alone. Lol

Believe the original NBA rumors were the last time the Sixers were coach shopping before they hired Doc.

I don’t think those 3 are seen as NBA coaches, or coaches that would intrigue NBA players. Seems like it’s Hammon and Dawn, two people who could relate to NBA players, partly because they were HOF pros in their own right,

Reaction Score
I’m anxiously waiting to see Feagin put this on the court. I don’t think anyone will be able to check her if she’s bringing this consistently. That footwork reminds me of A’ja!

Yeah, definitely. Comparing to Boston, she has more freedom in her movement. Boston always seemed very mechanical, which isn't a bad thing, but she rarely played a face up game like that. Her greatness was in getting position and finding her spots. I think Feagin will be more versatile offensively. She moves like a guard but has the body of a forward. That's a lethal combo and I can see a glimpse of why Dawn thinks Feagin is the most offensively talented player on last year's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom