Roscoe Leaving | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Roscoe Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, let me start by saying this is a real kick to the groin. I was optimistic heading into next season but now that we've lost our only big man who could play a lick of defense, I'm not so hopeful. Tyler Olander better turn into a different player this summer or the frontcourt is in trouble.

Secondly, stuff like this is exactly why the program is in this position in the first place. The days of kids who are willing to jump in front of a bus for Calhoun are over. Kids these days turn and look for an easy escape at every sign of hardship. We have one kid on the roster right now who I am 100% convinced is loyal to Calhoun, and that is Shabazz. It's evidenced by his comments calling out his teammates last year, it is evidenced by his play when Calhoun returned, and it's evidenced by the fact that he was the one kid who never took a play off last year.

Bohoo, Roscoe and Oriakhi had to work for their playing time last season. Yeah, they were a big part in winning the National Championship. But as Calhoun reiterated all season, "last year is last year, this year is this year". He was going to put the players on the court that put the program in the best position to succeed. Don't act like Calhoun took the knife to Oriakhi and Roscoe's back in the middle of the night without any reason for doing so. Both of them played a lot of minutes at the beginning of the season, and both of them started for the first few games. Do we need to again review Oriakhi's numbers during the first few games of the season for the apologists out there? He didn't show up, he got his starting spot revoked, it's not hard to imagine. Roscoe Smith wasn't f'in Carmello Anthony. If he knew how to dribble, hit a mid-range jump shot, or help the offense in any way whatsoever, he would have played his 30 minutes a game. Do I need to remind you how many times during the beginning of the season we found ourselves saying, "This team is playing 4 on 5 offensively with Roscoe on the court".

How about sticking it out with the coach and teammates that provided you with likely the most enjoyable year of your life? How about sticking it out with the fanbase that would have been happy to do your calculus homework for you if you asked? Jim Calhoun stayed with the program through cancer, death in the family, you name it. The man lost his father at age twelve, never had any special gifts but a desire unmatched by his peers. But hey, if you guys want to side with the kids who are unwilling to work for success, and the kids who flee for greener grass any times things get rough, be my guest. Just know that Jim Calhoun is the guy I want to go to war with.

Reaction Score
He wants to play the 3, Calhoun probably told him his minutes will be mainly at the 4. Accept it or transfer. He decided to transfer. Most of this minutes on the NC team was also at the 4. He shoots 42% and 24 from 3 and 65 from the line. Roscoe is just not a 3. Uconn needs more scoring from that position.

Reaction Score
So our mens basketball program has been completely destroyed. Anyone want to step in and do anything about it? Anyone?

And here's a question, shouldn't someone be fired for allowing this to happen? We can whine about how the NCAA is unfair and out to get us and all but the simple fact is our APR was so low it allowed our program to be literally blown up. That's a problem someone should be held accountable for. It should have never been allowed to happen.

Why not?

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Besides the obvious JC and APR issues, it comes to down the fact that almost every one of these kids thinks they have the ability to play in the NBA (including Dove, see CNN video). If they're not getting the PT and national exposure at UConn and someone else is offering that, then they'll set sail for greener pastures. I have tons of respect for Bazz, Boat, Omar, and Daniels if they all end up staying because the guys that unselfishly stick it out through tough times are the guys I want on my team.

Reaction Score
I said this earlier in the week,I knew Roscoe was going to leave the program. I said this in the "Roster Questions" forum and everyone kept saying i was crazy and didn't know what i was talking about.(please look) I seen the writing on the wall long ago before the ban for him. Roscoe is too good of a player not to have the ball in his hands way more then what he gets at Uconn. It was just a matter of time before he made this official.

P.S BEWARE OF MORE TRANSFERS!!!

Reaction Score
congrats to omar calhoun for being my new favorite player before he even plays... assuming he stays

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
WHAT DID I SAY!!!! I KNEW ROSCOE WAS GOING TO LEAVE!!!
Considering using the follow function to keep track of things you predict. That way I will always know the future before it happens.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Discouraging news. I'm not sure what to make of it as it relates to the season just past or what the implications are going forward.

Reaction Score
Your kidding me right? Shabazz Napier had that title as soon as Lamb declared for the NBA!

Well Drummond gave it his best shot during the tourney last year. This must have really ruffled some feathers, and set this all in motion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks for your part in th NC 'Scoe. We'll miss you.

caw

Reaction Score
Your kidding me right? Shabazz Napier had that title as soon as Lamb declared for the NBA!

He is referring to the half-court heaves Roscoe is known for throwing up with tons of time on the clock. This really shouldn't need to be explained.

Reaction Score
He is referring to the half-court heaves Roscoe is known for throwing up with tons of time on the clock. This really shouldn't need to be explained.
i get it now!! funny!!!!

Reaction Score
After the NC, AO and RS were emblamatic, to me, of the classic UConn hoopster. So at this point, duckk them.

I retain the right to ammend should further evidence of BS at UConn hoops beome available

Reaction Score
next year was going to be a disaster with or witout Roscoe so it is what it is.. 1 good recruiting class and this will all be a memory..

Reaction Score
This one stings for me. Can't be upset with him though. This one I'll always root for no matter where he ends up. Good luck and thank you Roscoe.

Reaction Score
It sounds a little crazy, but I was perhaps most bummed out when Bradley left. Seemed like a terrific kid (not that he isn't now, but he's not our terrific kid). Obviously showed he was a program guy, and he really hadn't had his chance to get out there and make an on-court impact. Bummed about Roscoe, and AO, but they at least had some moments on the court to remember them by.

Reaction Score
Keep living the ”national title” from 2 years ago with people who no longer want to be here and I'll elect to be loyal to the guys who want to stick it out and be tough. Imagine 2 guys who proved to be lesser players than they were the prior year leaving?Hmmmmmmm........oh well

Reaction Score
I said this earlier in the week,I knew Roscoe was going to leave the program. I said this in the "Roster Questions" forum and everyone kept saying i was crazy and didn't know what i was talking about.(please look) I seen the writing on the wall long ago before the ban for him. Roscoe is too good of a player not to have the ball in his hands way more then what he gets at Uconn. It was just a matter of time before he made this official.

P.S BEWARE OF MORE TRANSFERS!!!

junky you serious about the ball in his hands? For what to pass it or dribble it? In case you werent watching for 2 years he cant do either.......sick of people,stivking up for these cowards......no respect....f em....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom