Roscoe Leaving | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roscoe Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously Roscoe is a huge loss, but the problem is a domino effect that might take place. After Lamb and Drummond left I thought that there would be no more departures. Now there have been two more. They need to stop the bleeding. Need to.

Daniels will now need to be a hybrid four man. Go with Shabazz, Boat, Giffey, Daniels, and Olander, with Omar and Evans the first guards off the bench and Wolf the primary big man.

We're going to get destroyed on the glass.

Reaction Score
This feels like the end of something. An era? A dynasty?

Sad day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
We should run the nova offense from 06. 4 guards, 1 big. Lets hope that big is the next Okafor.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there have been other programs banned from post-season that have had the number of departures that UConn has had, even accounting for the kids going NBA early? We now have kids going into senior and junior years, both of whom have already won an NC, heading out. Obviously neither had stellar seasons this year and are capable players even if erratic, but if they feel mistreated, then one thing we know and they know is that this coach normally goes by what he sees during practices and then during games. The post-season is clearly the goal, but as Jamal Coombs-McDaniel can tell them, it is not the end all. We are talking, counting the BE tournament, potentially as many as 11 games, not insignificant, to as few as 1 game and everything in between. It's magnificent to be 20 years old.
If all these kids think they are getting hurt by the loss of exposure of potentially 1-2 post season games then they are hurting the apr just being on campus. Unfortunately they experienced a once in a lifetime post season run and maybe think it should happen that way every year.

Reaction Score
Wow....just wow. There has to be more to this than just the postseason ban next year.....

Reaction Score
Of course, on the other hand, loyalty, perhaps, needs to flow in two directions.
AO and RS were key components on a championship team.
They were, essentially, told 5 months later, as a junior/sophomore coming off a NC that, "you need to earn your playing time as if it was day 1." From two freshmen who weren't even on the team until late summer.
They could reasonably have seen that as a lack of loyalty to them.
In the end, neither Drummond nor DD provided more than what AO or RS would have.
So, really, to be completely fair, I won't say that RS or AO showed a lack of loyalty that was greater than what was shown to them; they were, essentially, told that this is a business in which you must constantly prove yourself if you want court time and exposure. Their decision to leave was a business decision in the same way.
This isn't the rec league.

True Prez. Tough love sometimes backfires. Further, pushing someone too hard can sometimes be seen as disrespect.

This loss hurts bad. I love Roscoe and his leaving has me viewing this situation differently. He's a hard guy not to get along with from what I see, hear and read. Maybe things in Storrs are a little different than I thought.

I can't imagine Roscoe leaving if JC begged him to stay. Maybe JC thinks he needs to clean house and bring in better players. Still, I can't see anyone letting Roscoe go easily given his defense, length and great personality.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wow....just wow. There has to be more to this than just the postseason ban next year.....

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist here either - but I thought the same exact thing.

I'm hoping for the best but preparing myself for the absolute worse case scenario.

Reaction Score
Per Jeff Goodman CBS:

Roscoe Smith gets his release from UConn, his father told CBSSports.[/quot

Shocked, just didn't think Roscoe would transfer. I can't see why missing the post season would cause him to transfer. The only things I can think of is he may feeel that he would be forced to the 4 role and really wants to focus on being a 3, or there is something else going on that is not apparent to many of us.

Reaction Score
If JC has already decided to retire then Shabazz and Boatright would've probably already decided to transfer.

Reaction Score
If JC has already decided to retire then Shabazz and Boatright would've probably already decided to transfer.

Not if they want to play for the incoming coach.....if that is the scenario

Reaction Score
I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist here either - but I thought the same exact thing.

I'm hoping for the best but preparing myself for the absolute worse case scenario.

Maybe he is retiring after all, but I doubt it. I think this is just the result of a lot of upheaval from the rough season, tourney ban and the AO transfer. All these players leaving just gets the others guys thinking and looking for greener pastures.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Shabazz, Boat and Giffey have been all on record of saying they are returning, so I agree.

When the news came out that those 3 all declared they were coming back I do have to say that it concerned me that Roscoe and Daniels weren't included in that declaration.

Reaction Score
Shabazz, Boat and Giffey have been all on record of saying they are returning, so I agree.

When the news came out that those 3 all declared they were coming back I do have to say that it concerned me that Roscoe and Daniels weren't included in that declaration.

Given the timing, I wouldn't be shocked if schools have been tampering with Roscoe.

Reaction Score
i know people complained about reporters asking recruits/players if there were still coming/coming back....at this point i would like a thorough report on every player.

This is backbreaking. The team had talent going into next year but now I am struggling to find 5 guys to even suit up. Well done NCAA, looks like your winning this battle.

Reaction Score
The plane has crashed into the mountain.

Thanks for everything Roscoe.

Enjoyed watching you in a uconn jersey.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we are officially on uncharted waters now, not sure what to expect

I'm more convinced than ever that JC will not retire now. He's simply not built to walk away from his baby with dark clouds hanging over it's head

only health can force him to choose otherwise

is the NCAA ban really that big? I guess I hope that's what it is at this point. I agree with the poster that said they appear to be giving this too much weight. But that's what kids do, make decisions for the wrong reasons. We've all been there. Well maybe a few of us are just going through the process now.

Reaction Score
What I can't understand is, if you leave UConn this year you will have to sit out of the NCAAs for a year anyway. Might as well support the program and ensure it comes back stronger than before..

Not directed at Scoe but just a general statement

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I love you Scoe, why? why you do me like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom