Roscoe Leaving | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Roscoe Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
NIT? No.

This is a non-tourney team. Pitt went 5-13 in the BE and won the CBI tourney against Wofford.
Yes, a date with Wofford is in this team's future.

Reaction Score
I shrugged the thread off when I originally saw it, but maybe it is time to redshirt our backcourt stars, recruit some JUCO's for next year, and start fresh in 2 years.

Reaction Score
Time to start over. Hire a new coach and start from scratch after the ban. This program is dead.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why he'd stick around. This is going to be like IU and take years to rebuild.

your a bit too doom and gloom for me this morning. it is too nice out to think an additional player transferring during a season that is in all senses meaningless due to the ban has effectively killed the program

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why he'd stick around. This is going to be like IU and take years to rebuild.

i think we need to be realistic on where coach is. he has a year or two left at best. that being said, it may in the best interest of the program for coach to step away. if this was ten years ago, no one on this board would argue that coach calhoun would be the absolute best fit to get us through this. but that is not today's reality. with his age, health, state of the program, etc.....other coaches are having a field day with negative recruiting. i am not sure this current staff can even land the top recruit anymore. this whole thing sucks, but the best solution may not be the easiest one to accept.

Reaction Score
your a bit too doom and gloom for me this morning. it is too nice out to think an additional player transferring during a season that is in all senses meaningless due to the ban has effectively killed the program

We've lost our 4 key players from a team that already wasn't very good and have added 1 recruit who projects as a role player and a transfer who is probably slightly better than our walk-ons. The ship is sinking...

Reaction Score
Time to start over. Hire a new coach and start from scratch after the ban. This program is dead.

Your a little too adamant about getting rid of calhoun...I'm starting to think your real name starts with a "G"...

Reaction Score
This is the first time I've ever said he should leave. This has become to big a rebuilding project for a guy who probably has a year or two left.

Reaction Score
Actually, the possibility is still there where we could be a top 20 team in 2013-14. If we keep Napier, Boatright, O. Calhoun, Daniels and Giffey, that's a very good five-man perimeter rotation with some veteran guys. Then you just need to find one stud big man (with the promise of oodles of playing time) and a serviceable back-up to go with Tyler up front. And some scholarships would be freed up to replenish depth with some young talent to replace Napier, Giffey and Olander the following year.

Reaction Score
Wow.
Is it bad that my first thought was, "crap. Guy had major heart."
And my second thought was, "I hope this doesn't negatively affect the APR."

I can't blame him or anybody else on the team for leaving. Fact is, if they stay, they're being punished for bad grades that they didn't get. Also, missing the tourni just sucks.

Can't say I'm shocked. He was benched early in the year in favor of a freshman who ended up being far inferior to him. That can't have sat well with him. He also lost time to Olander, who was cupcake dominator but otherwise so-so. It would not be unfair of RS to think that he didn't get a fair shake last year.

I wonder if this was more - no touri or unhappy with JC?

Roscoe - thank you for your contribution to the team. You exemplified UConn Ball, and you were a critical component of the 2011 NC. Thank you and good luck.

I agree. There were 3 returning starters (AO, Roscoe and Lamb) and another that played starters minutes (Shabazz). Start those 4 and either go big with Drummond or small with Boatright, start Giffey even. For whatever reason AO and Roscoe were punished. AO really never got it together and Roscoe only did at the very end of the season.

It is the end fellas.

Reaction Score
I love you Scoe, why? why you do me like this?
Honestly, I think it has a lot to do with spring weekend being shut down - after all, players were promised four years of it during their recruitment.

duck* the police!

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I don't see how we're avoiding the real catalyst for all the movements here: this is Edsall's fault.

If he doesn't leave last year and set the precedent, none of this happens. I blame Edsall

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Actually, the possibility is still there where we could be a top 20 team in 2013-14. .

Not impossible but a stretch. Land 2 decent players this Summer, 2 in the Fall, and 2 in the Spring.

Reaction Score
I don't see how we're avoiding the real catalyst for all the movements here: this is Edsall's fault.

If he doesn't leave last year and set the precedent, none of this happens. I blame Edsall
Dyson.

Reaction Score
So our mens basketball program has been completely destroyed. Anyone want to step in and do anything about it? Anyone?

And here's a question, shouldn't someone be fired for allowing this to happen? We can whine about how the NCAA is unfair and out to get us and all but the simple fact is our APR was so low it allowed our program to be literally blown up. That's a problem someone should be held accountable for. It should have never been allowed to happen.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So our mens basketball program has been completely destroyed. Anyone want to step in and do anything about it? Anyone?

And here's a question, shouldn't someone be fired for allowing this to happen? We can whine about how the NCAA is unfair and out to get us and all but the simple fact is our APR was so low it allowed our program to be literally blown up. That's a problem someone should be held accountable for. It should have never been allowed to happen.

Who do you want to fire for this? Kids can't be forced to do their homework, or go to class after the season is over. The AD from that time period is gone, so is the president. Do you want to fire Calhoun?

Reaction Score

As the last two years indicate, the problem has been identified and fixed.

Sure, you could question why it took so long, but at this point I'm not sure what else you want UConn to do.

Reaction Score

Someone was already fired. Hathaway the penney pinching sob.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Roscoe leaving really stings. He was my favorite player the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom