Roscoe Leaving | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Roscoe Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't call them cowards or disloyal or anything, in my opinion. They get four shots at playing in the big dance, and sacrificing one of them is a lot to ask. Especially since very few of us are in our first jobs or with the first person we dated, so there have been times we've had to make decisions to move on that we thought were better for us. Same deal here - just waaaay more people on the outside are invested in the decision.

Reaction Score
Cowards is harsh based on the fact they are making a life changing decision I guess......nonetheless they are leaving a sinking ship that could be repaired with some hard work and loyalty......not going to get any good lucks from this fan.......

Reaction Score
Lack of loyalty is really bothersome. I understand not being able to play in the NCAA tourney, but when you play for a team you stick with them through ups and downs. Really not a big fan of all these guys ditching the program

Well, that's something Calhoun probably should have thought of when he benched Roscoe and other major players from our championship season in favor of freshman.

Reaction Score
Well, that's something Calhoun probably should have thought of when he benched Roscoe and other major players from our championship season in favor of freshman.

UConn won because of Kemba. End of story.

Reaction Score
junky you serious about the ball in his hands? For what to pass it or dribble it? In case you werent watching for 2 years he cant do either.......sick of people,stivking up for these cowards......no respect....f em....
Watching..Bahhh I was front row at XL and Gampel for every game Roscoe played in. Trust me when i say he was never really in a rhythm when he played. This kid came from a high school power house out of Oak Hill Academy. Hes got big time talent with NBA size. I can bet you the next time we see him play he will be a monster! He needs to find a good school where he can come in and be the #1 or #2 guy. These past 2 years he was usually the last option in the starting 5 and probably would have jumped to 4th this year. He didn't want to play power forward either,that would have messed with his chances to make to the NBA hes a 3 for crying out loud. He doesn't want to screw up his future for basically a wasted year. I don't blame him. If Roscoe puts all his talent together he could be what Wesley Johnson was to Syracuse 2 years ago for a team.

Reaction Score
[quote="...... Imagine 2 guys who proved to be lesser players than they were the prior year leaving?Hmmmmmmm........oh well[/quote]

name 2 players who proved to be better players than the year before.

Reaction Score
[quote="...... Imagine 2 guys who proved to be lesser players than they were the prior year leaving?Hmmmmmmm........oh well

name 2 players who proved to be better players than the year before.[/quote]

Shabazz and Jeremy for sure.................they couldn't have achieved what they did this past year as freshman w/o Kemba by their side. Their off season work was noticable!!

Reaction Score
name 2 players who proved to be better players than the year before.

Shabazz and Jeremy for sure.................they couldn't have achieved what they did this past year as freshman w/o Kemba by their side. Their off season work was noticable!![/quote]

Really? jeremy was preseason all-american and rated as the 6th best prospect. he is neither now. shabazz? he was better in feb/march? most people on this board wanted him benched. point is, i dont think either player from november to march improved much.

Reaction Score
Unless we've seen players get worst under JC's tutelage in the past, it's fairly obvious that Kemba was fairly integral to our NC run.......There's no doubt that Bazz, Jeremy, Alex and Scoe played important roles but it's also no doubt of those 4 players only 2 emerged with any improvements once Kemba was outta here.......The other guys thrived off of the fact teams keyed on Kemba's every move........nonetheless a little hard work early October/November 2011 would've kept their minutes in hand but that didn't happen......

Reaction Score
Shabazz and Jeremy for sure.................they couldn't have achieved what they did this past year as freshman w/o Kemba by their side. Their off season work was noticable!!

Really? jeremy was preseason all-american and rated as the 6th best prospect. he is neither now. shabazz? he was better in feb/march? most people on this board wanted him benched. point is, i dont think either player from november to march improved much.[/quote]

Really, they were the same players who played with Kemba all year as frosh in 2011?? Without Kemba Jeremy would've averaged 18 points a game?? Bazz would've run the team w/o Kemba?? No improvement? C'mon get real..............

Reaction Score
Really, they were the same players who played with Kemba all year as frosh in 2011?? Without Kemba Jeremy would've averaged 18 points a game?? Bazz would've run the team w/o Kemba?? No improvement? C'mon get real..............[/quote]

what are you talking about? jeremy's 18 points a game comes from experience and being a year older. do you really think jeremy looked better in march than novemeber? and bazz? really? bazz played just as well coming off the bench late in his freshmen year as he did most of last year. you be real.......they really improved?

Reaction Score
Really, they were the same players who played with Kemba all year as frosh in 2011?? Without Kemba Jeremy would've averaged 18 points a game?? Bazz would've run the team w/o Kemba?? No improvement? C'mon get real..............

what are you talking about? jeremy's 18 points a game comes from experience and being a year older. do you really think jeremy looked better in march than novemeber? and bazz? really? bazz played just as well coming off the bench late in his freshmen year as he did most of last year. you be real.......they really improved?[/quote]

You have it figured out....I have been misinformed as I thought they were better players than last year which is what I was talking about......and they were......guys leaving weren't......

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is exactly how I saw this all playing out from the start. It's really pretty genius if you ask me:

1. The NCAA imposes a ridiculous retroactive rule by banning us from the tournament
2. Players transfer and/or leave early for the NBA because of said rule
3. NCAA reneges on the rule and allows UConn back in the tournament once the damage has been done
4. NCAA looks like the good guy for being lenient and UConn is still the bad guy for having bad academics
5. UConn misses the tournament anyway because of a lack of talent

The worst part of all is that we can see this happening right before our very eyes and yet we can do nothing about it.
And my gut feeling is that about ten days ago a few within the NCAA were saying among themselves "damn, UConn barely lost any players so far. This ism't working out as we planned." and stared calling Roscoe's dad daily, telling him "you know that UConn has a post season ban. It would make sense if you convinced your son to transfer.".

They knbow that they've screwed Boatright too much for him to listen and that Olander (local) and Napier (JC kid) won't leave so now they will target Deandre and (once they bring someone fluent in German aboard) Giffey and Wolf.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
A day later I still have a hard time believing that Roscoe is transferring for something as arbitrary as what position he's called in the starting lineup. I also have a hard time thinking that if Roscoe said I want to play the "3" or I'm leaving, Calhoun realizing our roster was going to be depleted wouldn't have compromised and tried him out there more in practice.

I wish the above would be the easy conclusion, but Roscoe leaving really makes me think something else is going on behind the scenes that we have no idea about.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
^^^^^^

one thing about JC, he ain't changing

he won't tell a kid something he doesn't believe

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
^^^^^^

one thing about JC, he ain't changing

he won't tell a kid something he doesn't believe

That's true. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want JC to straight up lie to the kid, but as others have mentioned, on defense he would be guarding the others best 3-5 most of the time anyway (unless the C was a legit 6'10-275 lb guy).

It was really more so on the offensive end. On offense Roscoe was really just a spot up shooter who crashed the offensive boards. I don't see how he couldn't have done that as a "3" or a "4". It's not like as a 4 he was going to be expected to be Adrien in the post or as the 3 expected to be Caron Butler.

That seems like such small issue to work out if a Coach and player are seeing eye to eye on things.

Reaction Score
And my gut feeling is that about ten days ago a few within the NCAA were saying among themselves "damn, UConn barely lost any players so far. This ism't working out as we planned." and stared calling Roscoe's dad daily, telling him "you know that UConn has a post season ban. It would make sense if you convinced your son to transfer.".

They knbow that they've screwed Boatright too much for him to listen and that Olander (local) and Napier (JC kid) won't leave so now they will target Deandre and (once they bring someone fluent in German aboard) Giffey and Wolf.
I couldn't agree with you more.. there will be another transfer or 2!

Reaction Score
How do you know this, or is this a belief/guess/hunch?
Like i said on boneyard earlier in the week that Roscoe was going to transfer,and what happens he leaves 3 days later. I have more then all of that.lets just say i know inside people and hear things...

Reaction Score
Well the NCAA just wants to flaunt there power over the schools recruits. They are trying to make UCONN the scapegoat for all the BS they hand out..MR Emmert Tur$$dblossom extroardinaire. JC better get the guards to learn to shoot 3's all day cause thats about all they will have to try and win. No bigs..er going to be a loooong season.

Reaction Score
This is exactly how I saw this all playing out from the start. It's really pretty genius if you ask me:

1. The NCAA imposes a ridiculous retroactive rule by banning us from the tournament
2. Players transfer and/or leave early for the NBA because of said rule
3. NCAA reneges on the rule and allows UConn back in the tournament once the damage has been done
4. NCAA looks like the good guy for being lenient and UConn is still the bad guy for having bad academics
5. UConn misses the tournament anyway because of a lack of talent

The worst part of all is that we can see this happening right before our very eyes and yet we can do nothing about it.

Reaction Score
This a pathetic move from Emmert. He is punishing these kids for the past behavior that had nothing to do with them. they want out because of it and I don't blame them. The NCAA is a black hole of corruption IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom