Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
So has everyone gone? What's the next step? Are they going to eliminate those that didn't meet standards and then pass the rest on to the Big 12 Board (presidents)? When do we hear something.

@athlete64 - get to the car wash
Flug - call BTM.
Dude - get a job or something.

I need answers, or at least some crazy fabricated tweets.
Sad, but true. And too funny, too!

Reaction Score
This is amazing how they made some of these schools spend the time and $ to travel to this stupid presentation when they clearly have no shot.

Reaction Score
So who is confirmed to have given a presentation so far?

Confirmed is a loose term but it's been reported that Air Force, Houston, UCF, Tulane and UConn have gone over the last 2 days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is amazing how they made some of these schools spend the time and $ to travel to this stupid presentation when they clearly have no shot.
There is value in being a semi-finalist. It's postioning and branding.

Reaction Score
Well this SMU student reporter who's there tweeted that UCF and Tulane officials had arrived, presented, and left. My guess is the kid knows what hotel they're at and is camped outside the room. Doesn't mean he didn't miss some group or that group entered/exited a different way.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If I had a nickel for every time I told someone I was going to/was/used to attend UConn, and they first thought I was talking about the Yukon... and we are talking about a B12 fan here... ;)

Well it is an intentional play on words, and I don't think "Huskies" as a mascot is a coincidence.

Reaction Score
It is kind of the reason that I believe the Big 12 knew going in who they were going to add. This whole presentation dog and pony show is just a smoke screen to make it appear that they did their due diligence in the selection process.

Reaction Score
You think that the Big 12 is also interviewing for 2025 and telling teams to do XYZ to be ready then?

Reaction Score
UConn should focus its presentation on three things.
  1. Who would the B12 schools consider as their peer. Does Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas etc, consider Houston, Cincinnati or Connecticut, as an athletic and academic peer?
  2. Geography is a two edged sword. UConn must show that the main reason to want UConn is exactly because of its geography. Emphasize all the positives of being in the NYC DMA and what the B12 schools can gain, and no other candidate can offer.
  3. Our top notch athletics and academics, which the B12 is probably aware of, but should be reminded in a friendly sort of way.
If UConn is not selected it will be because of geography and culture, so these are the issues that should be addressed.

#1 is interesting. Here is a map showing which schools were selected as peers on a Chronicle of Higher Education Survey. Who Does Your College Think Its Peers Are?

Observations:
1) UConn only selected one Big 12 school - Texas. 3 Big 12 schools listed UConn - Iowa State, Texas Tech and WVU.
2) Iowa State listed everyone in sight, including Cincinnati, South Florida and Houston.
3) Houston didn't list any Big 12 schools but did list Memphis and Louisville.
4) Brigham Young was only listed by 5 schools - its own satellite campus in Utah, Pepperdine and 3 branches of the University of Phoenix. If they aren't selected by the Big 12 it's going to be due to the feeling that BYU is not a compatible institution.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
#1 is interesting. Here is a map showing which schools were selected as peers on a Chronicle of Higher Education Survey. Who Does Your College Think Its Peers Are?

Observations:
1) UConn only selected one Big 12 school - Texas. 3 Big 12 schools listed UConn - Iowa State, Texas Tech and WVU.
2) Iowa State listed everyone in sight, including Cincinnati, South Florida and Houston.
4) Brigham Young was only listed by 5 schools - its own satellite campus in Utah, Pepperdine and 3 branches of the University of Phoenix. If they aren't selected by the Big 12 it's going to be due to the feeling that BYU is not a compatible institution.

I just crossed Pepperdine off my child's possible application list for 2024.

Reaction Score

Observations:

Texas only picked 11 schools, and we're talking Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan St., Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Cal, Cal-Berkeley, North Carolina, and Washington (UDub). Seriously, are they trying to get into the B1G (with a Pac-12 backup) or what?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
4) Brigham Young was only listed by 5 schools - its own satellite campus in Utah, Pepperdine and 3 branches of the University of Phoenix

I'm in Nashville. I was heading in the Uber to downtown and saw a sign for U of Phoenix, exit whatever, and turned to my wife and was like wtf didn't even know they had physical campuses.

Reaction Score
Patrick Engel (@PatrickEngel_)
9/8/16, 1:42 PM
#UCF officials have finished their Big 12 presentation in Dallas and just left to return to Orlando.

1242266845217502129.jpg

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Holy . Im dumbfounded. The whole staff cant honestly be this dumb can it?

Reaction Score
You don't have to. Clear your cookies in your web browser and you can start over with another 10.
or just open private browsing. much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom