Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8 | The Boneyard

Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thursday, September 8th. Officially the least productive work day for Boneyarders evah.
Husky.jpg

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We need to find out word of who else is presenting and when they are.

Reaction Score
Do people feel confident they will present our case in the best possible way? Not leave any stone unturned? Perhaps some negative campaigning on our competition?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Do people feel confident they will present our case in the best possible way? Not leave any stone unturned? Perhaps some negative campaigning on our competition?

They will not negative campaign. I don't see that being part of Susan's nature. I think she will pump us up to the best of her abilities and I would be rather surprised if the name of another candidate even was spoken.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't think so on the last part, except perhaps to tailor our presentation of strengths to highlight others weakness.

"Our football and basketball facilities are among the best the country. These facilities are already built and in use by students athletes and not mere promises of what might be built in the future."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any ideas who might be with Susan, besides an assistant or two, to help with presentation?

Also who exactly will she be presenting to from the Big 12?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Any ideas who might be with Susan, besides an assistant or two, to help with presentation?

I would think Benedict would be there, especially since he has contacts in the league and his prior experience in athletic departments comes mostly in the areas of marketing and making business deals.

I would think Bowlsby would certainly be there for the BXII and perhaps the expansion committee consisting of Gee, Boren and whoever replaced Schultz on it.

I also expect the Dude to be there live tweeting the event.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I personally love the idea of a one-two punch of Susan followed by Benedict. Each is extremely impressive and will provide different strengths when presenting our case.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
We have a head FB coach who could sell a ketchup popsicle to a rich woman in white gloves. Batshitt crazy, yes. Brilliant salesman? Also, yes.
Ok, fine. Makes sense to leave him home to beat Navy.

Reaction Score
The fact that this is all being done so openly is incredibly bizarre. I'm used to these Realignments being more like corporate raids where the losers don't find out until its over.
At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Susan brought along a few of the UConn Dairy Cows in the off chance that some Longhorns are attracted.

Reaction Score
Maybe Susan's acein the hole, she promises to start up an academic consortium in the STEM field. Full disclosure i have no ideas how those things work, but what can she present that hasn't been discussed a thousand times over that will knock the big 12 presidents socks off?

Reaction Score
We have a head FB coach who could sell a ketchup popsicle to a rich woman in white gloves. Batshitt crazy, yes. Brilliant salesman? Also, yes.
Ok, fine. Makes sense to leave him home to beat Navy.
I've come around on Diaco overall, but you're out of your mind if you'd want him within 50 miles of that conference room when the presentation is made. He's completely unpredictable.

Remember like 3 weeks ago when he randomly blurted out that conferences should be regional and no one wants to take a 4 hour flight to play a game? Yeah. We're better off if he just keeps his mouth shut until this is settled one way or the other.

Maybe Susan's acein the hole, she promises to start up an academic consortium in the STEM field. Full disclosure i have no ideas how those things work, but what can she present that hasn't been discussed a thousand times over that will knock the big 12 presidents socks off?

I think the point of these presentations is more to formally introduce our people to their people, and give them an idea of who we actually are. You're right, they know all the metrics. Now they want to see if we're someone they can see themselves working with.

It's the difference between a resume and an interview.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
They will not negative campaign. I don't see that being part of Susan's nature. I think she will pump us up to the best of her abilities and I would be rather surprised if the name of another candidate even was spoken.

It's bad enough we have someone on here with a "dude" avatar. And it's bad enough that we have someone on here with a Hathaway avatar. But when you two have a conversation on here my screen is filled with those two faces and I am surprised my laptop doesn't crash.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I've come around on Diaco overall, but you're out of your mind if you'd want him within 50 miles of that conference room when the presentation is made. He's completely unpredictable.

Remember like 3 weeks ago when he randomly blurted out that conferences should be regional and no one wants to take a 4 hour flight to play a game? Yeah. We're better off if he just keeps his mouth shut until this is settled one way or the other.

I think the point of these presentations is more to formally introduce our people to their people, and give them an idea of who we actually are. You're right, they know all the metrics. Now they want to see if we're someone they can see themselves working with.

It's the difference between a resume and an interview.
I was KIDDING

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

I can be there. My schedule is flexible that day.

Reaction Score
Don't think so on the last part, except perhaps to tailor our presentation of strengths to highlight others weakness.

"Our football and basketball facilities are among the best the country. These facilities are already built and in use by students athletes and not mere promises of might be built in the future."

Agreed. I suspect there will be a lot of "look at the ways in which we are already clearly a P5 school," because it's things like facilities and budgets and revenue where we really shine, not to mention the fact that we win a lot of trophies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I personally love the idea of a one-two punch of Susan followed by Benedict. Each is extremely impressive and will provide different strengths when presenting our case.

I think Susan knows how to speak to University Presidents and what they want to hear.

What I like about Benedict, coming from Auburn and Minnesota before that, is that he can clearly articulate where UConn is. Talk about our facilities and programs and have the background to be believed. I still think there is a lot of ignorance about UConn and the quality of our facilities and our overall investment in athletics. Benedict can set that straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom