Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Herbst wants another Presidential gig and won’t get it unless she get a conference realignment win. This is her idea of a win
Then she shouldn't have retired from this one. If this does happen it will be purely economic factors: new BE contract with Fox for more $ and reduced travel for Olympic sports (somewhat). I thought the new AAC/ESPN contract was for better money than what the NBE is getting currently?

C

Chief00

Then she shouldn't have retired from this one. If this does happen it will be purely economic factors: new BE contract with Fox for more $ and reduced travel for Olympic sports (somewhat). I thought the new AAC/ESPN contract was for better money than what the NBE is getting currently?
Another factor I am told is production costs for digital is on schools. Aresco took credit for increased revenues but was silent on the cost side. When that’s factored in the new contract doesn’t look as appealing.

Reaction Score
The report is true - basketball is heading to Big East. Chief has been holding back on publicizing this news but here it is.
Thank you Chief. Appreciate you keeping this under wraps for competitive purposes. Weaker men would have already released this news.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why did I choose to check in now? Sleep? Who needs sleep?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This seems to be one of those rumors where everyone sourced it from one place. Every time I hear it, it has the same odd reference to Herbst trying to seal her legacy or set up some future gig and that's just not the way this works.

And it always ignores some pretty big logistics, like, you know, money. Going to the Big East would require a $10,000,000 check to the American, renegotiating all licensing and media deals downward, accepting a lower total payout from the BE vs the American and, ah, what do we do with our football program?

Unless someone tells me there's a magical provision that lets programs leave the American for free between television contracts, I think this one will run out of air just as quickly as it has in the past.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This seems to be one of those rumors where everyone sourced it from one place. Every time I hear it, it has the same odd reference to Herbst trying to seal her legacy or set up some future gig and that's just not the way this works.

And it always ignores some pretty big logistics, like, you know, money. Going to the Big East would require a $10,000,000 check to the American, renegotiating all licensing and media deals downward, accepting a lower total payout from the BE vs the American and, ah, what do we do with our football program?

Unless someone tells me there's a magical provision that lets programs leave the American for free between television contracts, I think this one will run out of air just as quickly as it has in the past.

Thank you. Reading from Belgium, that is was what went through my head. I think going to Big East would be a major step backwards even for basketball. I don’t see it happening and if it does it’s another in a long line of short sighted mistakes. The American, as it is right now, is a better basketball conference next season than the Big East. I expect it to keep getting better and the Big East to lose ground.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Does anyone actually like our longer term football outlook? Even if we did become good would any P5 conference want us? Conference realignment happened right after we made a BCS bowl. I think it makes sense to look elsewhere I don’t want to be stuck in this conference if UCF, Houston, or Cinci leaves during the next realignment that I doubt we’ll be a part of. We should go back into the big east become kind of a retro regional school, our basketball brand was destroyed when we left the big east(or should I say the big east left us?). The only sport that it significantly hurts is football. We lose tens of millions on football and we were one of the worst D1 football teams in history last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And kill me in advance for taking chief seriously.

Honestly I’m actually tempted to ‘unignore’ Chief atm cause it seems like he actually has something of substance to say rather than his typical self involved look at me routine. This is quite the conundrum as this board has been exponentially more enjoyable since I rid myself of that clown. Could someone just inform me if hes actually bringing info I wouldn’t wanna miss or is it his same old try to take credit and look connected nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom