Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They've been asleep since 8pm last night and haven't taken their Geritol yet this morning. Most of them are trying to remember how to unlock their phones or open an app.
Lol your crazy

Reaction Score
The one thing I dont understand is why the school would even chance having news like this leak before they make an official announcement. With how huge this is, you would think UConn would want to be in control of the timing.

Reaction Score
The one thing I dont understand is why the school would even chance having news like this leak before they make an official announcement. With how huge this is, you would think UConn would want to be in control of the timing.
I’m not saying this story is true or not. But it usually somehow gets out before it should.

Reaction Score
Because it's not true. Might happen but it's nowhere near decided yet

Reaction Score
Because it's not true. Might happen but it's nowhere near decided yet
Yeah if it's true I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those "everything is done but the signature" type deals. Maybe it was leaked on purpose to gauge fan base reaction

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
"We can still play them as an Independent!" - signed the basketball-only crowd

Yeah, really, as if they'd want to. We are currently in the best G5 football league in the country. P5 schools have no problem playing AAC teams. As an Independent they'll hang up the phone when we call to schedule games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don’t get how they could do it
1. This quickly
2. With a lame duck President
3. With Seemingly no input from the BOT

The KMart post is exactly how this stuff usually leaks - remember it was Toni Terzi of all people who had Louisville to the ACC because he got it from a referee at an SHU game....

Reaction Score
Nothing abut this in the Courant this morning.

No legit source confirms any of this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great news if true. Maybe the school can’t afford to lose anymore money on a bad football program. The state is bleeding money right now.
Why do you assume that football will be downgraded or shutdown?

Reaction Score
Nothing abut this in the Courant this morning.

No legit source confirms any of this.
I keep refreshing Twitter every 30 seconds just waiting to see if anybody from the horde has confirmed or denied the report. With this story breaking last night, and with this thread, you would think at least some guy is on this by now...

Reaction Score
Yeah if it's true I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those "everything is done but the signature" type deals. Maybe it was leaked on purpose to gauge fan base reaction
That makes sense but there was no leak about what would happen to football. That’s kind of a big point.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth I have a high up connect at one of the NBE schools (not St.John’s) who told me this was talked about at the last big east meetings. I didn’t believe it at the time due to the logistical questions, but combined with this report it seems likely.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

@Kmart beat @Chief00 to the punch.
My first post on this was an IM to a handful of posters Tuesday morning. My sources weren’t anyone connected with St John’s. But it doesn’t surprise me that’s one source that came out since I heard some time ago Herbst had contacted every Big East President except the one at Butler who is the current Chairman of Big East Presidents. She probably contacted him soon after I heard that around Easter. I don’t see her taking on this level of effort without high level authorization - these were not casual conversations over coattails with a few peers - she called every single one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's what scares me about it. Suzy has never been smart about the athletics program. If this is for real and not some half assed negotiating ploy to keep the SNY deal, then it's a long term disaster for athletics at UConn, unless the deal includes admission to the ACC for football only. Even our new president said football will not be killed. This would kill it.
Uh why would the ACC want our football program and not our basketball programs?

Reaction Score
My first post on this was an IM to a handful of posters Tuesday morning. My sources werent anyone connected with St John’s. But it doesn’t surprise me that’s one source that cane out since I heard some time ago Herbst had contacted every Bog East President except the guy at Butler and he was the current Chairman of Big East Presidents. She probably contacted him soon after I heard that around Easter. I don’t see her taking on this level of effort without high level authorization - these were not casual conversations over coattails with a few peers - she called every single one.
Chief. How do I get on the IM mailing list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom