Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“Lyons is a graduate of St. John’s University in New York, where he earned his degree in Sports Management. An avid fan of the St. John’s basketball team, he served on St. John’s University’s Sports Management Advisory Council for the College of Professional Studies.”

Lol yep, That’s a St John’s fanboy running the DigitalDooDooNetwork. Besides the UConn article he’s pumping is a bunch of updates on Justin Simon and Ponds.

Attachments

• C5B175EE-A524-43AF-B756-4B21557BB59B.png
    C5B175EE-A524-43AF-B756-4B21557BB59B.png
    885.5 KB · Views: 61

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Why do you assume that football will be downgraded or shutdown?

It has to be if the Big Least is allowing us to join. A couple of years ago they interviewed NBE commish Val Ackerman and asked her about us joining her league. She said we'd have to decide what to do with football, meaning shut it down or downgrade it so there's no chance we'd leave the NBE. She wants to wear a hard hat and swing the wrecking ball at PAWS-ARF.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The report is true - basketball is heading to Big East. Chief has been holding back on publicizing this news but here it is.
The Chief can actually be held back? This can't be true!! Holding back Chief ain't easy!!!

Reaction Score
NBE President Val Ackerman spoke publicly this winter after the league re-upped an extended deal to play at MSG. Ackerman made mention that the league would be active in pursuit of an 11th member for when the league went to a 20-game conference schedule. Consensus at the time was the league would look to St Louis or even south to Davidson but adding UConn is clearly a grand slam for the league. The ease in which the MSG extension was negotiated with B1G and ACC banging on the door signaled Ackerman had something in the works.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth I have a high up connect at one of the NBE schools (not St.John’s) who told me this was talked about at the last big east meetings. I didn’t believe it at the time do to the logistical questions, but combined with this report it seems likely.

How can I take this post seriously when you don't know the difference between "do" and "due"?

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
The one thing I dont understand is why the school would even chance having news like this leak before they make an official announcement. With how huge this is, you would think UConn would want to be in control of the timing.
What CT public institution is in control of anything these days?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Uh why would the ACC want our football program and not our basketball programs?

That was just wild speculation regarding about the only way I can see football being saved. Technically, the NBE wants us out of the football business as a prerequisite to joining their conference, at least as to FBS football. The last thing they'd go for is us turfing FBS football in any conference.

Reaction Score
You have to understand Big East sources don’t care about football - it’s about Fox Sports ponying up up dollars, SNY and UConn monetizing the WBB franchise and the NBE locking up MSG forever. Hurley is going to kill it on the recruiting trail.
I am going to withhold my comments on football.

We know that the Big East side doesn't care about football numbnuts. The point you are responding to is that the thought that UConn would definitively have determined it's going to the Big EAst before -- and not after -- it has made a decision on what it's doing with football is beyond idiotic.

I'm not even saying this will never happen any more. Our sports have become such a disaster I don't take anything for granted. But if we go it won't be BEFORE there is a plan for football, whatever that plan is.

C

Chief00

The Chief can actually be held back? This can't be true!! Holding back Chief ain't easy!!!
Actually it happens quite often - LOL - I try to make vague references instead sometimes but naturally I get slammed for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

We know that the Big East side doesn't care about football numbnuts. The point you are responding to is that the thought that UConn would definitively have determined it's going to the Big EAst before -- and not after -- it has made a decision on what it's doing with football is beyond idiotic.

I'm not even saying this will never happen any more. Our sports have become such a disaster I don't take anything for granted. But if we go it won't be BEFORE there is a plan for football, whatever that plan is.
Don’t know why you so often resort to name calling but it’s the BY I guess? Keep in mind UConn hasn’t announce this - it leaked. What I said was I wasn’t commenting on football. That is still being worked on and is not as far along as the BB side. The idea that both negotiations with different parties could progress at the same pace - is challenging.
Chief has always been a football guy but many UConn BB fans aren’t - so it’s a crazy battle to keep it the priority it should be - especially at 1-11.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Keep in mind UConn hasn’t announce this - it leaked. What I said was I wasn’t commenting on football. That is still being worked on and is not as far along as the BB side. The idea that both negotiations with different parties could progress at the same pace - is challenging.
are you saying it's basically a conditional move right now based on finalizing the football situation?

Reaction Score
UConn hasn't been able to compete in the AAC. We are stuck in the lower half of the conference.

Maybe taking a step backward to the Big East will give us abetter chance to be competitive.

Reaction Score
You actually think they would beat the BY?

But, it’s just... it wasn’t the BY...

It was the Lyons kid from St John’s. Lmao..

(And I get it.. The NBE got destroyed this year by Wofford and Kent State.) In it’s current state, it is reverting back to A10 status.

UConn can’t “rejoin” a league it never left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom