Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

are you saying it's basically a conditional move right now based on finalizing the football situation?
I don’t have as good a handle on football at the moment - this would have all been better if it stayed private - I don’t know the impact now of it going public prematurely.

Reaction Score
I don’t have as good a handle on football at the moment - this would have all been better if it stayed private - I don’t know the impact now of it going public prematurely.
I have to think that FOX is helping out somehow with football if this is true. and they have to just be dropping off bags for it to make financial sense.

Reaction Score
If true and football is downgraded tells mr they are pretty sure we weren't going to get P5 invite anytime soon. Would have been smarter to announce before season ticket sales

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
But, it’s just... it wasn’t the BY...

It was the Lyons kid from St John’s. Lmao..

(And I get it.. The NBE got destroyed this year by Wofford and Kent State.) In it’s current state, it is reverting back to A10 status.

UConn can’t “rejoin” a league it never left.
Wofford was good.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He could be sourced on the Big East side, which is why no CT guys have it. But there is nothing of substance in that report whatsoever. Weird timing too, did he meet someone at the bar or something?
Urinal. That's where all the bball news is acquired this year. Car wash is being phased out. Pizza place is dead. No-one exchanges info at the pizza place any more. Bar? only in the men's room at the bar.
This s why there's no info LEAKED on women's basketball. No unrinals.

Reaction Score

Only it didn’t really go public prematurely...

A St John’s fan with a “news” twitter hit send.

If you’re that worried about it Chief, why even give the guy the time of day.

Reaction Score
I have been against this move back for a while (I was a student post big East so maybe I was missing the nostalgia element) but it is now hitting me how accessible games will be living in NYC. St John's and Seton Hall road games and the big East tournament should be pretty fun.

Reaction Score
Yes, unless this premature announcement screws things up. Don’t forget people have until 6/28 to keep their MBB seats. The plan was to announce in July and roid up new seat donations.

Well this is Chief's out to save his credibility FYI everyone. Man certainly is a politician, I'll give him credit there.

Reaction Score
Yeah but he also puts his reputation on the line by sourcing that website...lots of smoke...

Nah... go back to the beginning of the thread (see the College Baseball Daily tweet)... anyone that is referencing this "story" is attaching the link so they have plausible deniability if it falls apart or inaccurate.

Reaction Score
I'd imagine this boils down to a bargaining chip to keep SNY in the picture. But holy hell would this be a great move for the university.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It has to be if the Big Least is allowing us to join. A couple of years ago they interviewed NBE commish Val Ackerman and asked her about us joining her league. She said we'd have to decide what to do with football, meaning shut it down or downgrade it so there's no chance we'd leave the NBE. She wants to wear a hard hat and swing the wrecking ball at PAWS-ARF.
True, but the rumor specifically suggests that plans have to be made about football. Until I hear otherwise, I am going to assume that we are staying an FBS team. Worst case scenario, and it is pretty bad, is that we will become an independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom