Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know I'll get crucified for this thread, but just passing along something I heard today, because it came from a very credible source. Largest private donor at Providence, directly involved in their athletic department and knows Tranghese well (who he says UConn hired as a consultant at some point) says he's 95%+ sure that UConn will be joining the NBE in 2021. Says the school gave Herbst the authority to do it on her way out the door, football will be killed so the next President doesn't have to deal with it and we'll move to the NBE. I couldn't believe it as I've heard nothing as specific about it, but this is a credible, connected guy.

All pile on now....

From over a week ago..........

Reaction Score
Well, I wanted to sleep tonight. This is insanity... I know nothings close to being confirmed but, wow, thats a crazy thing to put out.

Reaction Score
If Chief is lying here he needs to either a) delete his account or b) call himself queen and walk to storrs in a bikini. I have faith that Chief is telling the truth and will remain Chief. Good night.

C

Chief00

Chief, where will football land?
That’s one of the reasons I have not publicize
Wouldn't surprise me. It's the kind of short sighted and disastrous decisexpect coming from our leaders.
Thank you for confirming this!

So stoked right now. Our basketball brand just went up a few notches.
Hurley is going to reel in the 2020 Northeast 5 stars dudes per my change in Paradigm comment. That’s the good part about this. Football on the other hand is why I have held back - it’s not a resolved issue at the moment that I am aware of.

C

Chief00

If Chief is lying here he needs to either a) delete his account or b) call himself queen and walk to storrs in a bikini. I have faith that Chief is telling the truth and will remain Chief. Good night.
Sleep well in regards to Chief being truthful. Confidence in Herbst getting a good overall result - no comment.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
That’s one of the reasons I have not publicize

Hurley is going to reel in the 2020 Northeast 5 stars dudes per my change in Paradigm comment. That’s the good part about this. Football on the other hand is why I have held back - it’s not a resolved issue at the moment that I am aware of.
Come on man, they wouldn’t commit to the Big East if football is “not a resolved issue”.
Lol

C

Chief00

This is just so so weird. A website that looks like it was made in 1999 may have broken one of the bigger UConn stories ever. On a Friday night.

Anyone want to tell the football board they may soon not have a team anymore?
You have to understand Big East sources don’t care about football - it’s about Fox Sports ponying up up dollars, SNY and UConn monetizing the WBB franchise and the NBE locking up MSG forever. Hurley is going to kill it on the recruiting trail.
I am going to withhold my comments on football.

Reaction Score
You have to understand Big East sources don’t care about football - it’s about Fox Sports ponying up up dollars, SNY and UConn monetizing the WBB franchise and the NBE locking up MSG forever. Hurley is going to kill it on the recruiting trail.
I am going to withhold my comments on football.
But just to be incredibly clear. You, chief are reporting that basketball is headed to the NBE? We need this on record

C

Chief00

Come on man, they wouldn’t commit to the Big East if football is “not a resolved issue”.
Lol
Herbst wants another Presidential gig and won’t get it unless she get a conference realignment win. This is her idea of a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom