Remember Anna Makurat? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Remember Anna Makurat?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who is rated the better prospect. nika Muhl is Anna?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Does anyone know who is rated the better prospect. nika Muhl is Anna?

I don't think we'll get an answer to that. Anna is older and plays without pay in a pro league. She is bigger and more physical. I hope she now can get an official visit and make a decision if offered.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They are different heights and play somewhat different positions. I think both are in the top 10 overall in Europe for their respective age groups. Both have outstanding potential.

Reaction Score
Anna’s team lost the game and series. Unless (god forbid) the league has teams play for 3rd place her season is over.

Tip helped eliminate them with 21 and 7:
https://basketligakobiet.pl/mecz/82359/arka-gdynia---ccc-polkowice.html

I believe that there will be a best of five series for third place since there has been in recent years, but don't sue me if there isn't.

They are different heights and play somewhat different positions. I think both are in the top 10 overall in Europe for their respective age groups. Both have outstanding potential.

Yeah, it's hard to compare since Makurat plays at such a significantly higher level and has much better teammates. If she were not going to college, I would have her as an end of the second round or early third round pick (possibly the top true international) in the 2020 Draft if her shot recovers a bit. Muhl probably has a higher ceiling and I think that she will demonstrate that when she plays with other talented teammates. I've been trying to think of a fair comparison for her since seeing her live for the first time, but it has been hard. I can't think of a player that young who naturally makes secondary reads on the pick and roll the way that she does. When the ball is in her hands, she's an instant away from making any of her teammates on the court a scoring threat because of the way she sees openings.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tip helped eliminate them with 21 and 7:
https://basketligakobiet.pl/mecz/82359/arka-gdynia---ccc-polkowice.html

I believe that there will be a best of five series for third place since there has been in recent years, but don't sue me if there isn't.

Yeah, it's hard to compare since Makurat plays at such a significantly higher level and has much better teammates. If she were not going to college, I would have her as an end of the second round or early third round pick (possibly the top true international) in the 2020 Draft if her shot recovers a bit. Muhl probably has a higher ceiling and I think that she will demonstrate that when she plays with other talented teammates. I've been trying to think of a fair comparison for her since seeing her live for the first time, but it has been hard. I can't think of a player that young who naturally makes secondary reads on the pick and roll the way that she does. When the ball is in her hands, she's an instant away from making any of her teammates on the court a scoring threat because of the way she sees openings.

Oh there will be a best of 5 for third place. I didn't think leagues did that any more but I guess they do in Poland. Next series starts next week so Makurat's season will go on for another week or two.

Reaction Score
For 2019's this upcoming signing period would be the regular period. The early period was in November. And if I'm not mistaken, she can sign anytime before enrolling for her first classes. So Auriemma could give her the thumbs up anytime between now and the start of school.

Almost. The late signing period began yesterday (Apil 17th) and ends May 15th. However not signing does not preclude a player from still committing and doesn't preclude the school from offering a scholarship. Just no letter of intent. Occasionally the school and player opt to use a separate contract drawn up to protect both sides. However if both parties trust the other, then it may just be a verbal agreement on both sides.

Reaction Score
Almost. The late signing period began yesterday (Apil 17th) and ends May 15th. However not signing does not preclude a player from still committing and doesn't preclude the school from offering a scholarship. Just no letter of intent. Occasionally the school and player opt to use a separate contract drawn up to protect both sides. However if both parties trust the other, then it may just be a verbal agreement on both sides.
Thanks for the clarification.

Reaction Score
Oh there will be a best of 5 for third place. I didn't think leagues did that any more but I guess they do in Poland. Next series starts next week so Makurat's season will go on for another week or two.

Looks like it will be a best of three ending on either the 26th and 29th. The championship is a best of five series instead of a best of seven this year, which may be a good thing since Polkowice looks to be massive favorites again.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I remember her. I've heard that she's so vain that she probably thinks this thread is about her.

Because dragging these sorts of threads back on topic is one of my favorite things to do, you can watch her first semifinal game here at 1pm ET on Saturday:

She is a good passer, has very good basketball awareness/positioning, consistently boxes out then pursues rebounds an d plays with toughness

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I know we talked a little bit about Nika's younger sister, Hana, but I don't remember seeing anything about Anna's younger sister, Agata. She's fun to watch! Even at 14...

Am I hallucinating or are the baskets located at the corners of the Gym?? :eek:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Am I hallucinating or are the baskets located at the corners of the Gym?? :eek:

Things are a little different in Poland, obviously. They're allowed to score in any of the six 10-foot baskets, but only get one point for the eight foot baskets. ;)

It looked like they had a few eight foot baskets against the wall for the little ballers and the ones that run the opposite direction seem pretty far back.

Reaction Score
Was checking out a box score for Makurat and saw a familiar name, Nia Coffey, 2017 grad of Northwestern. So I looked her up and I discover she went to Bueckers' high school. She is no slouch, the 5th pick in the 2017 WNBA draft. What is nice about that is Makurat is getting great experience playing with elite level players. If she were to sign with UConn she would arrive better prepared than most any freshman.
Gotta wonder if Bueckers knows Coffey well enough to ask her about Makurat.

Reaction Score
I know we talked a little bit about Nika's younger sister, Hana, but I don't remember seeing anything about Anna's younger sister, Agata. She's fun to watch! Even at 14...

Makes very long range shots, off-hand layups, boxes out, gets rebounding position, handles pretty well..........all at 14! Get her sister and line this girl up for three years from now.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

I can't do Hartley units but a web page said 184 cm is just under 6 feet and a half inch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom