Remember Anna Makurat? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Remember Anna Makurat?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Wow, this girl is crazy good and her shot . she hits from 30 feet frequently
With one older sister already playing D1 basketball (Ola - at Liberty and now at Utah) and another likely choosing between UConn and going pro in Europe, I'm imagining the Polish version of the Samuelson sisters...

And she seems really defensively aggressive, too. If we can land Anna and she has a good experience/is a good fit, I would be curious to see if Geno is interested in pursuing her.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ania's Polish league season is now concluded after her team won today's game 65-60 and the bronze medal. Ania scored 9 points and grabbed 6 rebounds.

Now we wait for news.
Congrats to Ania and her teammates on 3rd place!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Isn’t it ANNA?

Her Instagram and some of the Polish language material spell her name “Ania”, while a majority of everything else spells it “Anna”.

In a video I saw, a coach pronounced it like Ahn-yah, not a traditional English Anna. Poor Andy Landers may never get it right.

Because it’s what’s used on her FIBA profile, I’m going to guess she’ll stick with “Anna” for basketball.

Reaction Score
Her Instagram and some of the Polish language material spell her name “Ania”, while a majority of everything else spells it “Anna”.

In a video I saw, a coach pronounced it like Ahn-yah, not a traditional English Anna. Poor Andy Landers may never get it right.

Because it’s what’s used on her FIBA profile, I’m going to guess she’ll stick with “Anna” for basketball.
Rhetorical but why are we all subjected to Andy Landers and his lack of professionalism. I'm sure his staff can make some phonetic flash cards for him.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Makurat's Polish name is Ania. I think the Americanized version is Anna. I don't know which she prefers, but she likely responds to either.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Sounds like a young lady who has made a decision about next year. I hope it goes in UConn’s favor!

Reaction Score
Back to playing Instagram Clue....

Makurat is following the accounts of both UConn athletics and the UConn women as well as Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson.

shame on you Sluconn for checking on that !!...............:):)

BTW.........just to follow up she also follows Bird, Taurasi, Stewart, Moore and Hayes...........

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
shame on you Sluconn for checking on that !!.....:):)

BTW....just to follow up she also follows Bird, Taurasi, Stewart, Moore and Hayes......
Hopefully she doesn’t lurk on the Boneyard....

Reaction Score
Hopefully she doesn’t lurk on the Boneyard....

oh I don't know, I think the vast consensus is that the BY wants her at UConn ASAP......................if she's put off by what she reads from us wackos then she is in for a rude awakening when the shouting in practice starts

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
oh I don't know, I think the vast consensus is that the BY wants her at UConn ASAP.......if she's put off by what she reads from us wackos then she is in for a rude awakening when the shouting in practice starts
I was just hoping she had better things to do with her time.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom