Remember Anna Makurat? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Remember Anna Makurat?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I guess you haven't seen Griffin play .. she has sooo many ways to score and has a motor like Collier, eh?

I appreciate your optimism, but Collier was a much more efficient player in high school and even she struggled to put it together as a freshmen. Griffin has a big upside but I think we need to temper early expectations a bit.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I guess you haven't seen Griffin play .. she has sooo many ways to score and has a motor like Collier, eh?
I have seen her play. Did Collier lead the team in scoring her freshman year? Griffin is talented but she has a lot to learn regarding not taking plays off. She did not hustle every play per UConn standards. Once she gets that into her system she will do well. But remember, CW and CD are on the team. Their offense should be better next season, as well as Walker's.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have seen Griffin play 4 times in person, and while she certainly has the ability to score and a huge upside, her game needs to be developed to play at the college level. As for the comparison to Collier? No. Griffin some times dogs it getting back on defense, something you will never see Pheesa do, and something that Geno will correct within the 1st 15 minutes of Aubrey’s first practice.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have seen Griffin play 4 times in person, and while she certainly has the ability to score and a huge upside, her game needs to be developed to play at the college level. As for the comparison to Collier? No. Griffin some times dogs it getting back on defense, something you will never see Pheesa do, and something that Geno will correct within the 1st 15 minutes of Aubrey’s first practice.
I saw her in person once. She was very good. In a stretch in the third quarter, she was particularly active and took over the game. If she had been that active all game, she would have been Maya Moore.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There's no Ariel Howard out there. The best to hope for is a flawed post who will sub in to spell the starters. I hope I'm wrong.
You may be right but I think Howard is kind of a high bar. I probably take some flack for saying this but my bar is somewhere above Batouly and Kyla-and more importantly for only 1 year. I think there are currently players available that can easily meet this bar.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Laksa would be a great 'get'! She and Griffin can score in bunches! I have said it before, I think Griffin will lead the Huskies in scoring next season. But if Laksa comes, she will, eh?
Yeaaa, don't get your hopes up. That's not gonna happen. Hopefully she will get some playing time, heck it's possible she might even start. But she's not leading the team in scoring.

Reaction Score
You may be right but I think Howard is kind of a high bar. I probably take some flack for saying this but my bar is somewhere above Batouly and Kyla-and more importantly for only 1 year. I think there are currently players available that can easily meet this bar.
While there may or may not be Howard like players out there, we likely would be fine with a strong, tough body who can rebound and play defense down low. While nice, doesn't have to be giant, just be able to do a few pick and roles, make layups, and take pressure off ONO.

Reaction Score
While there may or may not be Howard like players out there, we likely would be fine with a strong, tough body who can rebound and play defense down low. While nice, doesn't have to be giant, just be able to do a few pick and roles, make layups, and take pressure off ONO.

I would say enter Ayanna Mitchell from LSU, but I haven’t seen anyone bring her up as a transfer.

Reaction Score
In 2002, UConn's three front court players were all 6'2".
Williams and Jones were trucks and Cash was a race horse. Not your typical 6'2"s. Not a single player on this past year's, or last year team could hope to match the inside power of Williams/Jones, while only Gabby could match the athleticism of Cash, but with far less lenght.

This team needs inside power and has for a couple years. PERIOD.

Reaction Score
Not really a fair comparison. Christyn was the HS NPOY. Aubrey has a tremendous upside, but she absolutely will not be ready to get thrown in as a starter at the beginning of next season. If we can get to the point where Aubrey provides some solid PT off the bench around mid-season or later, I would be very happy with that.
Thanks, I needed someone to say that> I was getting vibes that she was and equal or better than CW (hard to believe, or that i believed it). Having said that she'll be off the bench --who, is the 5th starter---ONO, Danger, CW, Walker, ???? (my choice Coombs).

Reaction Score
Williams and Jones were trucks and Cash was a race horse. Not your typical 6'2"s. Not a single player on this past year's, or last year team could hope to match the inside power of Williams/Jones, while only Gabby could match the athleticism of Cash, but with far less lenght.

This team needs inside power and has for a couple years. PERIOD.
Aaaah come on--Tamika could only score from 2 ft. Geno said so. There was another kid that played with them a bit later---Tough as nail, could get a rebound and up thru the trees she'd score---can't remember her name, wonder what happened to her??/ Probably went to Purdue..

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I had mentioned it before but I still think Batouly Camara will have a knee operation soon to square away her knee problems and be ready near the start of next season to play C/PF where she'll fill the big girl void on the Huskies!

It better be real soon if she's going to be ready to play by the beginning of this coming season.

Reaction Score
Is that necessarily Bad? How many other Div 1 teams do that every year?

no not necessarily....................I think CW proved that freshman can contribute in important games when given the opportunity but then again she's no ordinary freshman...............I don't know if Griffin will develop as quickly but she does have a world of talent...........

Reaction Score
no not necessarily.....I think CW proved that freshman can contribute in important games when given the opportunity but then again she's no ordinary freshman.....I don't know if Griffin will develop as quickly but she does have a world of talent......

Some are born great; others have greatness thrust upon them. This to me means: Some kids will arrive like DT and others, with mental and physical toughness can achieve the same level. It is in the psyche of each individual. Not all can do it but neither does that mean none but those born great may achieve greatness. Long way of saying Griffin, if it is within her, may be comparable to CW, who knows.

Reaction Score
Remember this thread? It seems to have been hijacked quite a while ago.
Remember Anna Makurat?

I remember her. I've heard that she's so vain that she probably thinks this thread is about her.

Because dragging these sorts of threads back on topic is one of my favorite things to do, you can watch her first semifinal game here at 1pm ET on Saturday:

Reaction Score
So she has two other sisters, one older (Aleksandra) who plays at Utah and one younger (Agata) who is 2004-born and already 6’0”. I think that she would be an 8th grader in the US, so keep her on the radar.

Nika Muhl recently followed Anna on instagram, so perhaps she told Anna she would feel lonely without another European on the roster!

Just looking at her social media, I would think it came down to Oregon or UConn since she does follow a few UO WBB related accounts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aaaah come on--Tamika could only score from 2 ft. Geno said so. There was another kid that played with them a bit later---Tough as nail, could get a rebound and up thru the trees she'd score---can't remember her name, wonder what happened to her??/ Probably went to Purdue..
The fact that Williams could score at an alarming rate from 2ft. and closer, illustrates my point to perfection. When you combine that with the ability of Jones/Williams/Cash to out board any player in a UCONN uniform this season, you have a collection of 6'2"s that would not have been clobbered in the lane like in every UCONN loss the past couple seasons.

Who was the last team to win a national championship without a quality big, or 2??? I can't think of one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom