Remember Anna Makurat? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Remember Anna Makurat?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It not the height people its the skill level! UCONN potentially will have a taller starting lineup next year by replacing 6'3" KLS and 6'2" Napheesa collier with 6'5" ONO and 6'2" Batouly Camara. Does anyone believe that proposed lineup for next year's to be better than this year? It would certainly be taller.
It's both: I'm talking about recruiting,+ and what is needed to get a well balanced team. I don't think any team has won the NC with a team composed of 5 starters all at 6 feet or smaller.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
depending on who is brought in, she may have to be force fed like CW was this past season.....
Not really a fair comparison. Christyn was the HS NPOY. Aubrey has a tremendous upside, but she absolutely will not be ready to get thrown in as a starter at the beginning of next season. If we can get to the point where Aubrey provides some solid PT off the bench around mid-season or later, I would be very happy with that.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Dubious premise based on what we have seen I believe.
For sure. It's a little hard to imagine that if her knees allowed it that GA wouldn't have used her a lot more. When Walker was out he started Irwin. No way would he have done that if Batouly was ok. If by some medical miracle she is much healthier next year, great.

Reaction Score
That 2002 team happened to have the greatest women’s player in the world,then and now and the greatest point guard in the world then and now! There were assorted others named Williams Conlon Cash and Moore.Not a bad club'!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We can go around on this endlessly for sure, but I'm hoping someone will ride in and be a big for us. Failing that, until I see a consistent, productive and durable Batouly I'd rather have Kyla in there growing on the job.
Six of one, .... did not mean to start (or continue) a debate about who will be the 5th starter.
The point was about size (height?) Kyla and Batouly are equal in height.

Reaction Score
We've got 4 really good players next year. Unless they change the rules, we need 5. Size and rebounding would be great, but as of right now, that 5th player would come from Mikayla, Batouly, Kyla, Molly or Aubrey. While I would love to have any of those players step up, there are questions surrounding all of them. At this point, Makurat or a grad transfer (Laksa?) would be a better option for that 5th starter imo.

Reaction Score
Laksa would be a great 'get'! She and Griffin can score in bunches! I have said it before, I think Griffin will lead the Huskies in scoring next season. But if Laksa comes, she will, eh?

Reaction Score
Laksa would be a great 'get'! She and Griffin can score in bunches! I have said it before, I think Griffin will lead the Huskies in scoring next season. But if Laksa comes, she will, eh?
Wow. That’s a strong statement about Griffin. Let’s see but highly doubt a freshman at UConn will lead the team in scoring unless her name is M. Moore

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And,,,they were good; so, let's recruit 3 good 6'2" players.
Draft picks 2, 4, and 6. Two were Olympic gold medalists. “Better than most!”

Reaction Score
I don't know much about this player. Will she be in the 2019 class or 2020?

Plus , I guess I am not overly excited about anyone else in the 2019 class unless they are 6'3+. We will need some size going forward. With Bueckers , Muhl , and others coming in 2020 , size is one thing that's missing.
I agree. UConn does not need seven guards, no matter how good they are.

Reaction Score
Can't see Batouly being more than a few minutes at the end of the game type player given the condition of her knee(s). The reason we didn't see more of her this season is because there are days when she physically can't do it, and Geno leaves it up to her whether she plays.

She could also be used early in games, even starting like that Duke post whose name eludes my slowly calcifying brain. Let her bang, collect a couple of fouls if necessary, and keep ONO out of foul trouble.

There's no Ariel Howard out there. The best to hope for is a flawed post who will sub in to spell the starters. I hope I'm wrong.

I really believe that Irwin and Bent will contribute meaningful minutes next year. I remember Gardler spending 3 years playing in the last 2 minutes only and then being a good sub in her 4th year. N Dame has had that same type. Irwin has some size, strength and toughness. She can shoot 3's. She can run the court. And most of all she is familiar with UConn's scheme's and her team mates. Bent can shoot, she just hasn't much. She isn't going to beat anyone off her dribble but she can shoot 3's, can pass pretty well, can run the court and can defend and press. She too knows the system.
And mentally both of them are seniors. There is no next season. That sometimes wakes up underachievers.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It will be hard to lead the team in scoring while sitting on the bench most of the games.

Reaction Score
I had mentioned it before but I still think Batouly Camara will have a knee operation soon to square away her knee problems and be ready near the start of next season to play C/PF where she'll fill the big girl void on the Huskies!

Reaction Score
I guess you haven't seen Griffin play .. she has sooo many ways to score and has a motor like Collier, eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom